PDA

View Full Version : "Send more paramedics"

bassman
14-Aug-2006, 03:06 PM
So it had been about 15 or so years since I had last seen "The Return of the Living Dead" and while walking through Best Buy the other day, it caught my eye with a $7.99 price tag.

I thought about it for awhile because I remembered not liking it back in the day, but then I thought to myself "people seem to like it around HPotD.....and it is only eight dollars.....what the hell".

All I have to say is...... and I want my eight bucks back! I mean....this is total crap. I tried, people.....I really did. I can not find ONE SINGLE redeeming quality throughout this entire film.

Horrible story, horrible acting, horrible directing, editing, etc. What the hell is up with multiple shots being re-used??? Did this film have a budget of fifty dollars??

I just can't understand why the man that helped create one of the greatest horror/thrillers of all time("Alien"), went on to this steaming pile of sh*t.

Now, I can understand that some of you like it for it's cheesey factors because you like that sort of thing(looking at you, Adreno), but this film is just crap. I kind of enjoyed it on the level that it made me laugh and want to gouge out my eyeballs at the same time.

I at least have some respect for the director after stating on the documentary that he wanted it to be the exact opposite of Romero's work because those films are untouchable....but come on, man! You didn't have to make it THAT bad.

I give it a 2/10......and that's only because I'm in a good mood today.

"It hurts......it HURTS. The pain of dying!":rockbrow: mwahahaha:lol: CRAP

Eyebiter
14-Aug-2006, 03:54 PM
Don't take it so seriously. Get a case of beer, some popcorn, and invite your friends over to watch it again.

AssassinFromHell
14-Aug-2006, 04:18 PM
Watch Contagium FIRST, then you will learn to appreciate Return of the Living Dead. :D

Philly_SWAT
14-Aug-2006, 04:25 PM
I like ROTLD because it is funny! The interplay between the two guys in the morgue is frickin' hilarious!

Trancelikestate
14-Aug-2006, 04:25 PM
yeah i couldn't agree with assassin more! also i was like 8 when i first saw it so it kinda scared me. it does have some funny parts now when i watch it though. but contagium is right at the bottom along w/this other wierd new zealand zombie movie i saw where the guys mom gets infected and she turns into a huge ratlike animal and tries to put him back in her belly, haha! which one is that again?

Deadman_Deluxe
14-Aug-2006, 04:33 PM
but contagium is right at the bottom along w/this other wierd new zealand zombie movie i saw where the guys mom gets infected and she turns into a huge ratlike animal and tries to put him back in her belly, haha! which one is that again?

Braindead (UK)
La Isle Du Lesbos Zom (AU)
All flesh must be boiled (FR)
It had blood on it's hat (HU
The Day Of The Stinkrot (GR)

Trancelikestate
14-Aug-2006, 04:55 PM
thats the name of it in the differant countries? hmmm none of those really sound framiliar. oh well, i think that one may even be worse than contagium even though it's supposed to be like a comedy or whatever. the priest zombie and nurse zombie have a kid together? ewww thats just gross to think about!

mista_mo
14-Aug-2006, 05:04 PM
it's Dead alive...it's called braindead in "odd" places I think :D

I liekd it, it was funny as hell...the preist rocked ass, and I wish he didn't die...

"I kick ass for the lord" lol

I hated the ROTLD films...so bad...I really dislike invincible zombies. Just a way for the person who made the film to not come up with any interesting ideas.

"I'll just make them invincible, that way I don't have to think of anything else. If their indestructible, what else will I have to do?"

HLS
14-Aug-2006, 05:08 PM
So it had been about 15 or so years since I had last seen "The Return of the Living Dead" and while walking through Best Buy the other day, it caught my eye with a $7.99 price tag.

I thought about it for awhile because I remembered not liking it back in the day, but then I thought to myself "people seem to like it around HPotD.....and it is only eight dollars.....what the hell".

All I have to say is...... and I want my eight bucks back! I mean....this is total crap. I tried, people.....I really did. I can not find ONE SINGLE redeeming quality throughout this entire film.

Horrible story, horrible acting, horrible directing, editing, etc. What the hell is up with multiple shots being re-used??? Did this film have a budget of fifty dollars??

I just can't understand why the man that helped create one of the greatest horror/thrillers of all time("Alien"), went on to this steaming pile of sh*t.

Now, I can understand that some of you like it for it's cheesey factors because you like that sort of thing(looking at you, Adreno), but this film is just crap. I kind of enjoyed it on the level that it made me laugh and want to gouge out my eyeballs at the same time.

I at least have some respect for the director after stating on the documentary that he wanted it to be the exact opposite of Romero's work because those films are untouchable....but come on, man! You didn't have to make it THAT bad.

I give it a 2/10......and that's only because I'm in a good mood today.

"It hurts......it HURTS. The pain of dying!":rockbrow: mwahahaha:lol: CRAP

I love the movie. I really like the bring more paramedics scene. I love how the one dude cremated(SP?) himself.

Now if you want to see a truely bad zombie flick go buy "Hell of the Living Dead"

Tullaryx
14-Aug-2006, 05:26 PM
Burt Wilson: I thought you said that if we destroyed the brain, it would die.
Frank: Well, it worked in the movie.
Burt Wilson: Well, it ain't working now.
Freddy: You mean the movie lied?

now how can one not listen to those lines and not like this movie. :lol:

Trancelikestate
14-Aug-2006, 05:33 PM
Burt Wilson: I thought you said that if we destroyed the brain, it would die.
Frank: Well, it worked in the movie.
Burt Wilson: Well, it ain't working now.
Freddy: You mean the movie lied?

now how can one not listen to those lines and not like this movie. :lol:

HAHAHAHA! that is ultra funny HAHAHA

EvilNed
14-Aug-2006, 06:06 PM
Return of the Living Dead features excellent acting AND directing, especially for a zombie movie! I dare you, I double dare you, to find a zombie movie with better acting than Return. You won't find it.

As for Braindead, it's original title is Braindead. Dead Alive is the US title... And it's not a US film.

Trancelikestate
14-Aug-2006, 06:09 PM
As for Braindead, it's original title is Braindead. Dead Alive is the US title... And it's not a US film.

In any case i just cant stand that baby! ahhhh

Danny
14-Aug-2006, 07:24 PM
im kinda bias against disliking it as the director has said many times "this is the true sequel to night of the living deads official canon, georges dawn was a sipn off"

A SPIN OFF!, ITS BEEN IN THE TOP 100 FILMS IN EVERY POLL...EVER!!!:mad:

but so did the toxic avenger but that was pure troma cheeseball so maybe thats why they got away with it.

but return 2 was its peak before it tried to become 100% horror, and in 3 how people decomposed to pugface morgan from robocop (damn that was a while back) lvl of disfigurement.
wtf was that?

oh and not to go off topic but i heard tuther day that there was a captain kabukiman movie, is that true, cus i watched citizen toxie and i was like "what the hell?, whos that".

Svengoolie
14-Aug-2006, 07:33 PM
im kinda bias against disliking it as the director has said many times "this is the true sequel to night of the living deads official canon, georges dawn was a sipn off"

A SPIN OFF!, ITS BEEN IN THE TOP 100 FILMS IN EVERY POLL...EVER!!!

Where...exactly...has he said that?

On the contrary: Dan O'Bannon has said many times that he actually tried to distance himself as much as possible from GAR's work--he says as much in the special features of the ROTLD dvd.

Personally, I've always maintained that it's the greatest zombie movie of all time.:D

Trancelikestate
14-Aug-2006, 07:40 PM
wow, really? You really think it's that great? The ROTLD's ultimate defender! hey, i like it and i'm not gonna say your wrong, but i bet someone else will:p
I like day the most!

Danny
14-Aug-2006, 07:40 PM
fangoria that's were.

plsu i thought this thread would be about that metal band that dress like zombies of the same name:lol:

MikePizzoff
14-Aug-2006, 07:47 PM
For some reason (which I don't understand) some people can't seem to grasp the fact that this movie was intentionally made to be the way it is. They weren't trying to go for a serious horror movie at all. It's so great because they were just spoofing/mocking the horror movies that were coming out in that era.

Svengoolie
14-Aug-2006, 08:43 PM
fangoria that's were.

I said "exactly", hellsing.

That means a link, or an issue number.:D

As for my quotes, just see the "making of" feature of the extras on the DVD for details.

MinionZombie
14-Aug-2006, 08:44 PM
I enjoy it, but it's not a masterpiece by any means...I remember watching it and my sister was on the computer at the time and midway through she just turned round, disgusted, and said "what the hell is this sh*t?" :lol:

It's a really daft movie, haven't watched it in a looooooooong time, but it's certainly not for everything...and if you thought #1 was bad, you should check out #4 (Necropolis), now THAT was BAD. :eek:

Trancelikestate
14-Aug-2006, 08:50 PM
It's a really daft movie, haven't watched it in a looooooooong time, but it's certainly not for everything...and if you thought #1 was bad, you should check out #4 (Necropolis), now THAT was BAD. :eek:

is that the one where the girl pierces herself up? or is it even after that? i stopped watching them after that one.

MinionZombie
14-Aug-2006, 08:51 PM
You're referring to the third film in the series, it's a really silly film that, but I enjoyed it nonetheless ... and the girl was well fit, she's in The OC now isn't she? Still hot too. :D

Trancelikestate
14-Aug-2006, 09:08 PM
Oh she was hot! one of those chicks that when i was younger, made me feel funny. :):):)

bassman
14-Aug-2006, 10:15 PM
Well, it looks like im in the minority. I figured I would be, though...

I'm sorry guys.....I can understand why you would like it, but I hate it for the same reasons. Maybe if I'm feeling nice one night, I'll give it another shot. Until then.....it's collecting dust on the bottom of the DVD rack.:|

Trancelikestate
14-Aug-2006, 10:46 PM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/kal-el5676/return12.jpgcheck this out haha! "Send more paramedics!"

Fulcifan91
15-Aug-2006, 12:24 AM
Now if you want to see a truely bad zombie flick go buy "Hell of the Living Dead"

What are you talking about? I completely disagree, Hell of the Living Dead/Night of the Zombies is one of my favorite films of all time. Zantoros being my favorite character.

Hell of the Living Dead in no way is a bad movie, atleast to me.

Exatreides
15-Aug-2006, 12:35 AM
Return of the Living dead 1-3 is about 10 times better then Return of the living dead "rave to the grave" and return of the living dead "necropolis"

Brubaker
15-Aug-2006, 01:28 AM
Well, it looks like im in the minority. I figured I would be, though...

I'm sorry guys.....I can understand why you would like it, but I hate it for the same reasons. Maybe if I'm feeling nice one night, I'll give it another shot. Until then.....it's collecting dust on the bottom of the DVD rack.:|

I don't see what the big fuss is about that one either.

If you don't like the first one, you won't like the sequel. One reason would be that the actors who play two morgue attendants from the first film (the old man and the teenager) reappear in the second movie as totally different characters. It is even more campy than the first and is done sort of like a rewrite, rather than a sequel, along the lines of Evil Dead/Evil Dead II.

Bunker65
15-Aug-2006, 04:10 AM
Oh she was hot! one of those chicks that when i was younger, made me feel funny. :):):)

Nice signature trance :rolleyes:.

The woman you are speaking of is Melinda Clarke. Here's a then & now comparison:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6466/melindaclarke02zc0.th.jpg (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=melindaclarke02zc0.jpg) http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9361/melindaclarke01pg2.th.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=melindaclarke01pg2.jpg)

Minion is correct. She was/is on the OC.

Trancelikestate
15-Aug-2006, 05:14 AM
Nice signature trance :rolleyes:.

I wasnt trying to copy you, i'm sorry! :P i've never seen any of your posts before, i'm new! but thnx for the pix! ;)

aga
15-Aug-2006, 09:28 AM
Return is a hell of a lot of fun and I have a lot time for Dan O'Bannon, it's a shame he hasn't got to do more directing.

Hellsing I have to disagree with you on the thought O'Bannon would ever say Return is the true sequel, it's obvious he set out to make his own film and I really can only see him saying that in jest if anything.

The franchise has obviously gone to pot with a lot of unconnected films, I wonder what Russo's true Night sequel would of been like, I've yet to find the original novelisation, only the film adaptation.