PDA

View Full Version : Could you give some good zombie recommendations?

Desdinova
16-Aug-2006, 10:19 PM
I've seen a fair few films, and I consider the Romero quartet to be the pinnacle of zombie horror. Aside from those, I've seen:

Return of the Living Dead
The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue
Braindead / Dead Alive
Cemetery Man
Dawn of the Dead (Remake)
Shaun of the Dead
28 Days Later
Resident Evil
Zombie Flesh Eaters

Personally, I prefer shambling zombies, but the main element that I love is the fact that the end of the world has arrived, society has collapsed, and there is a huge threat. Zombie films that focus on characters, and tension rather than gore (not that gore's a bad thing :evil:) with the real enemy always being the enemy within, as Romero always likes to point out.

So, anything else I could watch? Or should I just give up now?

creepntom
16-Aug-2006, 11:13 PM
zombie is fairly decent, stick with the first one tho, the sequels blow more than jenna jameson :eek:

MikePizzoff
17-Aug-2006, 01:24 AM
Although they're not quite ghouls, they're close enough, you should watch The Omega Man starring Charlton Heston.

Deadman_Deluxe
17-Aug-2006, 01:41 AM
Although they're not quite ghouls, they're close enough, you should watch Jurassic Park starring Jeff Goldbum.

:lol:

MikePizzoff
17-Aug-2006, 11:39 AM
Although they're not quite ghouls, they're close enough, you should watch Jurassic Park starring Jeff Goldbum.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

The reason I mentioned the Omega Man is because Desdinova said
but the main element that I love is the fact that the end of the world has arrived, society has collapsed, and there is a huge threat. Zombie films that focus on characters, and tension rather than gore (not that gore's a bad thing ) with the real enemy always being the enemy within.

Adrenochrome
17-Aug-2006, 12:06 PM
there's a new one called Severed that's really good.
also, Zombie Honeymoon is worth a watch. Not as campy as you'd think it'd be.

bassman
17-Aug-2006, 12:10 PM
To me, outside of Romero's flicks.....the only other one worth a damn is "Shaun of the Dead".

"Return of the Living Dead" is about as good as "Manos: The Hands of Fate".:barf:

Nice picture in your signature, Adreno. I have a couple episodes from that season.:cool:

Adrenochrome
17-Aug-2006, 12:26 PM
"Return of the Living Dead" is about as good as "Manos: The Hands of Fate".:barf:

Nice picture in your signature, Adreno. I have a couple episodes from that season.:cool:
Oh my...I bought an UN-mstied copy of Manos: The Hands of Fate about a year ago.....I've watched it several times; Return of the Living Dead I've only been able to sit through twice. (and that's only because of the sexy stripper punk chicka):D

(my siggie is a screen-cap from the Space Mutiny episode - the one with Hank McThickchest)

you're right tho, it's hard to find decent zed flcks outside of Romero's realm (other than Shaun, of course, that sits proudly in line; next to Land in my collection), but, I think you'd like Severed. One gets the "feeling" that it could be happening in the GAR Universe...only this one gives an explination as to why it happened. It's NOT a ripoff of the GAR World at all, but, you can definitley see where he influenced the writers/director.

bassman
17-Aug-2006, 12:59 PM
Oh my...I bought an UN-mstied copy of Manos: The Hands of Fate about a year ago.....I've watched it several times; Return of the Living Dead I've only been able to sit through twice. (and that's only because of the sexy stripper punk chicka):D

(my siggie is a screen-cap from the Space Mutiny episode - the one with Hank McThickchest)

you're right tho, it's hard to find decent zed flcks outside of Romero's realm (other than Shaun, of course, that sits proudly in line; next to Land in my collection), but, I think you'd like Severed. One gets the "feeling" that it could be happening in the GAR Universe...only this one gives an explination as to why it happened. It's NOT a ripoff of the GAR World at all, but, you can definitley see where he influenced the writers/director.

"Space Mutiny".....that's a good one. "Santa Clause, Debbie Reynolds, and Sting".

I might have to check out "Severed" if I ever come across it...