PDA

View Full Version : Dj is alive and doing well...

LouCipherr
16-Aug-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure how many were aware, but our own DjfunkmasterG had to have a somewhat invasive procedure (angioplasty) done in the hospital today. :(

I just got off the phone with him a few minutes ago and he still sounded a bit whacked out from the drugs (he Dj, don't complain - some people pay a LOT of money to feel that way! :lol:). He asked me to post here and let everyone know that although he's in an f*ckload of pain, he's doing fine. :D

I think after a few percocets, a few valiums and a lot of rest he'll be back to his chipper self.

Oh, for the record, his first words when he woke up were "water and a marlboro" I told him as long as he didn't get up and start saying "braaaaaaaains!" everything would be fine. :)

LC

MinionZombie
16-Aug-2006, 11:19 PM
Glad to hear he's still with us, get well soon Dj! You'll be back to shooting zombies (metaphorically and literally speaking) in no time.

Thanks for the update LC, rock on Dj. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
16-Aug-2006, 11:35 PM
Yes, I made it. Yes I am heavily sedated, and YES... I am enjoying the sedation, however, my groin feels like someone repeatedly has hit it with a ballpean hammer.

axlish
16-Aug-2006, 11:47 PM
Nice to hear you are ok. Now would be an optimum time to ditch the cigarette habit, and any places that offer combo meals are off limits! Dr. Ax's orders!

LouCipherr
16-Aug-2006, 11:59 PM
Suggesting he quit smoking is like suggesting to the pope he consider atheism! :lol:

That being said, I think it would be a good idea too... but if he ever quits, I can tell you one thing right now: i'm waiting about 3 months before I hang out with him again 'cause he'll be like a grizzly that was woke up in the middle of a winter hibernation! :lol: You think he's edgy now?! :lol: :lol:

http://enderzero.net/smilies/bolt.gif

Arcades057
17-Aug-2006, 12:22 AM
Good luck to DJ, hope he feels better soon.

zombiegirl
17-Aug-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm glad everything went ok for you DJ. Get to feeling better soon. Thats an order. ;)

kortick
17-Aug-2006, 01:46 AM
feel better soon

and i always liked the idea of being whacked in the groin
with a ball peen hammer

true story a friend was going to market an item
it was a ball peen hammer with a mongramed slip case
so you could whack yourself in the crotch with it
(there was a story behind this that i wont get into)

but get well soon
and marlboros are a treat after being without them

zombie04
17-Aug-2006, 03:21 AM
add that to the big stack of good news today. Now I just need the power turned on in my apartment and all will be right in the world.

Debbieangel
17-Aug-2006, 04:08 AM
Yes, I made it. Yes I am heavily sedated, and YES... I am enjoying the sedation, however, my groin feels like someone repeatedly has hit it with a ballpean hammer.
HEY DJ ...glad to hear you are doing ok!!!!
You take care ...relax enjoy the sedation...glad to see you are able to see good enough to post to us!!! Now remember ya gotta be better to make the next best zombie movie ever. I cant wait to see the first one..ya cant poop out on us and not do the second one. Take care!!

DjfunkmasterG
17-Aug-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone...

Just woke up, Yep the pain was kicking in so I took a percocet and another valium (Doc's orders) Figured I would cruise my fave message board and drop a line. Not gonna lie and say I feel 100%, but I feel better than I did in the last few weeks. Normally it would take me an hour to wake up, but I feel very refreshed, but very sore. I am sure once the drugs kick in I will be fast asleep within an hour.

Anyway toodle loo :D

Dj

bassman
17-Aug-2006, 12:06 PM
"toodle loo"? "toodle loo"???

Yep.....DJ's all doped up.:p

Glad to hear you're okay, man.

Bunker65
17-Aug-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks everyone...

Just woke up, Yep the pain was kicking in so I took a percocet and another valium (Doc's orders) Figured I would cruise my fave message board and drop a line. Not gonna lie and say I feel 100%, but I feel better than I did in the last few weeks. Normally it would take me an hour to wake up, but I feel very refreshed, but very sore. I am sure once the drugs kick in I will be fast asleep within an hour.

Anyway toodle loo :D

Dj

Great to hear you are feeling better DJ. One thing I can tell you is not to rush it too much. I had major surgery a few years ago & while I got out of the hospital very quickly I took it slow like the docs recommended & felt fine :).

Adrenochrome
17-Aug-2006, 12:08 PM
glad you're doing fine, friend.....peace

DjfunkmasterG
17-Aug-2006, 03:14 PM
Hey again,

I just woke up and am still very sore. I just checked email and thought I would check in again.

I will probably go back to sleep for a few hours, but I am feeling a little better.

Dj

HLS
17-Aug-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure how many were aware, but our own DjfunkmasterG had to have a somewhat invasive procedure (angioplasty) done in the hospital today. :(

I just got off the phone with him a few minutes ago and he still sounded a bit whacked out from the drugs (he Dj, don't complain - some people pay a LOT of money to feel that way! :lol:). He asked me to post here and let everyone know that although he's in an f*ckload of pain, he's doing fine. :D

I think after a few percocets, a few valiums and a lot of rest he'll be back to his chipper self.

Oh, for the record, his first words when he woke up were "water and a marlboro" I told him as long as he didn't get up and start saying "braaaaaaaains!" everything would be fine. :)

LC

Oh, I wish him well. he is one of my favoriate posters:D

LouCipherr
17-Aug-2006, 03:59 PM
I will probably go back to sleep for a few hours, but I am feeling a little better.
Dj

That loosely translates to: "The drugs are kicking in so I'll be fine in about 15 minutes.."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you're fairing well over there man. I know that 'after surgery' soreness can't be much fun, but hey, at least you'll be around to torture us for another 10 years or more.. :D :P

Graebel
17-Aug-2006, 07:58 PM
Hope you feel better!!!!:D

AssassinFromHell
17-Aug-2006, 08:40 PM
Aye, glad to hear everything is going well. You ain't dead and you got drugs. What more could a man want? Ohh yea, the nurses. You lucky bastard :p

On a serious note, I'm glad to hear things are going better. Hope it stays that way. Hope you feel one-hundred and fifty-five point two percent better soon.

Tullaryx
17-Aug-2006, 09:33 PM
Well, glad yer A-ok. Would've been funny if you did wake up from your drug-induced sleep and slurred out "braaaaainnnnnsss!". I wonder how many people would've freaked in the room. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
17-Aug-2006, 10:12 PM
I appreciate the support guys... I just woke up from another nap and have to take my meds again so i will be in La la land in about 20-30 minutes. Otherwise I am feeling better I can breathe better and I am moving around a bit so that helps.

I did set up VEGAS to render part 4 of the webumentary on the making of my film so I should be able to release that tomorrow when i wake up.

I don't know if you guys know or not, but I woke up during the procedure and I guess I was pretty ****ed and in pain because the Doctor's office told me I went off on a 2 minute rant about pain. I remember waking up and saying OUCH and the F bomb a few times, but I don't remember much else after that.

Hopefully when I go under the knife again they give me a higher dose of the stuff to put you out.

Anyway, I should be about 60% normal tomorrow and hopefully I can get outside some more and walk around.

I will talk to you guys later

Dj

AcesandEights
17-Aug-2006, 10:25 PM
Glad you're still with us, good fella. :)

Now, take care of yourself!

general tbag
17-Aug-2006, 10:43 PM
yea getting sick sucks

:lol: also rememeber when you take you pills its bat country out there :lol:

if you ever need a kidney , a couple pints or part of my liver lmk

hope you feel better.

LouCipherr
18-Aug-2006, 12:24 PM
:lol: also rememeber when you take you pills its bat country out there :lol:

:lol:

"we were somewhere around the hospital, on the edge of the parking lot, when the drugs began to take hold..."

:D

DjfunkmasterG
18-Aug-2006, 01:41 PM
"You're not Portuguese!" :D

Adrenochrome
18-Aug-2006, 01:52 PM
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.":D

Debbieangel
18-Aug-2006, 09:33 PM
I appreciate the support guys... I just woke up from another nap and have to take my meds again so i will be in La la land in about 20-30 minutes. Otherwise I am feeling better I can breathe better and I am moving around a bit so that helps.

I did set up VEGAS to render part 4 of the webumentary on the making of my film so I should be able to release that tomorrow when i wake up.

I don't know if you guys know or not, but I woke up during the procedure and I guess I was pretty ****ed and in pain because the Doctor's office told me I went off on a 2 minute rant about pain. I remember waking up and saying OUCH and the F bomb a few times, but I don't remember much else after that.

Hopefully when I go under the knife again they give me a higher dose of the stuff to put you out.

Anyway, I should be about 60% normal tomorrow and hopefully I can get outside some more and walk around.

I will talk to you guys later

Dj
Hey DJ,
Just remember to take it easy...I had an operation about 5 yrs ago and was opened in front from stem to stern, I had bile leaking all through me from a previous gbladder op...I learned real fast to take it slow slow slow!! Take care see ya later.

DjfunkmasterG
23-Aug-2006, 08:08 PM
I thought I would give everyone another UPDATE.

Tomorrow at 2pm I have to back under the knife. MRI and other medical technical BS shows I have twisted Arteries leading into and around my heart. The operation will take a few hours and I will probably be in the Hospital for at least a day afterward.

Just thought I would keep everyone updated.

MinionZombie
23-Aug-2006, 09:50 PM
Well good luck with this new op man, get well soon. :thumbsup: