PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Kings 1408

zombiegirl
17-Aug-2006, 06:45 AM
News from reallyscarey.com

I just heard about this and already I can't wait to see this flick. Samuel in a Stephen king story. Can't get much better than that.

New Casting for Stephen King's 1408 Flick
Variety reports Mary McCormack has joined Dimension Films' Stephen King adaptation 1408, about a haunted hotel.

Grey's Anatomy star Kate Walsh has exited due to skedding conflicts with her ABC/Touchstone TV skein. Touchstone had warned her that the series schedule would have to take precedence over any outside role, but the actress accepted the film hoping that something could be worked out.

1408 is set to shoot in mid-July in the U.K.

John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson topline the pic about a debunker of paranormal occurrences who encounters real terror when he checks into the notorious room 1408 at the Dolphin Hotel. Walsh was to play Cusack's ex-wife.

Mikael Hafstrom (Derailed) is helming "1408"; Lorenzo di Bonaventura produces.

King's "1408" short story, originally part of an audiobook, was published in the collection Everything's Eventual.

Trancelikestate
17-Aug-2006, 08:53 AM
yeah i think this is a great idea, but i have a new issue. sam jackson is and still will be one of my fav actors even after deep blue sea or whtevr that shark movie was called. but now all i have is 4 words.... " snakes on a Plane!" grrrrrr:mad: i like most of this actors rolls but would you really trust his shotty judgement after SNAKES? (i'm sure it will sadly do decently in the theater which sux cuz all we need right now are more phobics of snakes and planes. but we can hope can't we?)! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LouCipherr
17-Aug-2006, 11:43 AM
Ooooh, this was a damn good story as far as King goes (yeah, I read almost everything he publishes) and having SLJ play the lead should be pretty cool.

A lot of weird stuff happens in that apartment/room. I wonder how the hell they're going to translate that onto film....?

I just hope King himself is involved in the making of the film. Otherwise, we already know how it'll turn out. :D

LC