PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite RPG?

DeadJonas190
18-Aug-2006, 05:42 AM
Mine is Chrono Trigger for the SNES with Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete for Playstation coming in a close second. Sure the Final Fantasy games are awesome, but they aren't as good as Chrono Trigger or Lunar to me.

general tbag
18-Aug-2006, 06:01 AM
i never have been a big rpg fan.

however that being said, i have played i have played a few. namely ff2 on the super nintendo. truly a great game, the other was knights of the old republic which i didnt really wanna play but once i got into it, i just dindt want it to end.

also played a few 'masterpieces' to try them out, ys 1and 2 on the tg16 cd- which is a great game just alot of hours to complere, ff 7 which i tried and tried, but couldnt get into it.

played alot of zelda , but it more of a action game.

also played skies of arcadia on the gamecube, which was decent.

firends have tired me to play city of heros, wow and evercrack. just seems to much for so little.

Cody
18-Aug-2006, 07:01 AM
Chrono Trigger was indeed a great RPG but I have to say FF3 / 6 was the best EVER!! also FFX. :)

Danny
18-Aug-2006, 10:47 AM
damn that tough for me ive played tons of rpgs in my time but i guess my favourites would have to be skies of arcadia cus it just had a huge feeling of scale to it what with firing your ships cannons at one of those godzilla sized aeon type creatures.
and final fantasy 7 was a great game but 6 and 8 were better in my opinion.
fable is great to replay through but nothing like what was promised.

but my favourite of the moment is morrowind/oblivion.

EvilNed
19-Aug-2006, 01:20 PM
Japanese "RPGs" are as appealing to me as another stupid fighting game. They're all the same. You move along a pre-destined path with no options whatsoever. That's not RPG, that's just a story.

I like Fallout, Morrowind, Oblivion. Those are some good rpgs.

Trancelikestate
19-Aug-2006, 04:29 PM
I was greatly addicted to jurassic park operatin genesis. kind of like a zoo tycoon game but i kept it like 2 weeks late from the store and stayed up all night till the sun cam up one morning. what a loser huh? :lol:

CoinReturn
19-Aug-2006, 04:50 PM
Chrono Cross, it edges out Chrono Trigger by a hair for me.

Eyebiter
20-Aug-2006, 01:11 PM
Fallout was a good one, Baldur's Gate 2 was also fun.

LoSTBoY
20-Aug-2006, 01:24 PM
Arcanum is a favourite, however I've been reminded how good Diablo II was.:confused:

erisi236
20-Aug-2006, 04:07 PM
Lunar 1 and 2
Final Fantasy 3/6 and 7
KotOR 1 and 2

I'm pretty sure those are the only ones that I ever really enjoyed

OddDNA
21-Aug-2006, 04:57 AM
but Balders Gate for the PC was pretty good.

Dommm
21-Aug-2006, 10:20 AM
Oblivion, Neverwinter nights, morrowind in that order

p2501
21-Aug-2006, 12:58 PM
sort of a tie between KOTOR2 and FF7.

DeadJonas190
25-Aug-2006, 06:31 AM
i have played a few. namely ff2 on the super nintendo. truly a great game

I love that game also, in fact it is in my Nintendo DS right now. They released it for Game Boy Advance a few months back and I just picked it up last week. I forgot how much I love this game... it is definatly up there in my top 5 RPG's.

TheWalkingDude
01-Sep-2006, 06:59 PM
I loved playing Soulbringer on Pc.....:D

slickwilly13
01-Sep-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm a big fan of rpgs and tactic games.

Final Fantasy series, Lunar series, Shining Force series *the Genesis versions*, Langrisser series to name a few. Too many to list.

AcesandEights
03-Sep-2006, 08:17 AM
There is very little real RPGing done on or through computers (S&M and fetish chatrooms withstanding).

*Tabletop till the day I die*

rikimaru
03-Sep-2006, 09:02 PM
the rpg i enjoy playing the most is breath of fire three ... my second favorite is between ff7 and xenosaga

i used to own a turbo duo and played y's books 1-2 on that i have to say i enjoyed it but had a tough time with it lol. i used to play bonk all the time tho

darth los
05-Sep-2006, 06:37 PM
i like X-men legends for the gamecube and Star Wars: Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 for the x-box.

BernieLomax
08-Sep-2006, 10:50 PM
The Gauntlet series has always been, and continues to be, my fave RPG.