PDA

View Full Version : Holy... I just got a phone call from Samuel L. Jackson!

LouCipherr
18-Aug-2006, 03:38 PM
:lol:

He told me I need to get off my lazy ass, pick up my friend <insert his name here> and get to the theatre to go see Snakes on a Plane! :lol:

This is incredibly cool - If you go to the official website for Snakes on a Plane (http://www.snakesonaplane.com)and click on "Get a phone call from Samuel L. Jackson" then you can fill out a form with some simple questions and have him call (well, a recording, but very personalized and realistic sounding too) whoever you want.

Be forwarned: you can only call a phone # once, so make sure you let your answering machine pick up if you wanna keep the message!

Talk about a hell of a promotional tool. At first I didn't have much interest in seeing Snakes on a Plane, but since he called me and told me to get my ass to the theatre to see it, I might just have to heed his word. I don't wanna tick off Samuel "MF'in" Jackson!

The cool thing about this, when you put in your phone number, when he calls your friend, it will show up with YOUR number in the called ID. Talk about funny. It'll look like he's using your phone to call your friends.

(I know, I know... simple things for simple minds.. what can I say. )

If this has been talked about, sorry - i didn't see a thread about it, so I figured i'd mention is since we're all anticipating this movie (and if you're not, you should be!) :D

Also - not sure if this works 'across the pond', but here in the US it works perfectly. You can also send the msg via email if you can't use the phone call option.

LC

DjfunkmasterG
18-Aug-2006, 03:40 PM
Funny, he told me I should pick up my friend Brian, shave my lather up my bald head and go see Snakes on a Plane in my Worldly sports car. :D

MikePizzoff
18-Aug-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah, he called me, said my name, and even told me to put down the booze and cigs so I could see the movie or something like that.

bassman
18-Aug-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah.....good marketing tool. In other ways, they're saying "This film is no good so maybe we can try to salvage it and make some money back with meaningless crap like this".:p

At first, I was all about seeing this flick, but after seeing the TV spot/trailer with Samuel L. Jackson saying ONE LINE OVER AND OVER AGAIN.....not so much. You know the one that I'm talking about....it's like a DJ scratching with a scene in the film. "we...we...we...we gotta...we we....we gotta get these snakes....we we.":rolleyes:

And people complain about recent remakes making film quality expectations go downhill.....

Tullaryx
18-Aug-2006, 04:48 PM
I thought I was the only one to get that phone call. Damn, I don't feel all special now.

LouCipherr
18-Aug-2006, 04:49 PM
At least this moive is somewhat of an original idea - unlike what these schmucks doing 'remakes' and 'reinvisioning' movies are doing. :p

I'm going to see this movie this weekend without hesitation, and I'm one of the ones who thought this was the stupidest idea for a movie ever created. After hearing reviews of people who have seen it and seeing some of the clips, previews, etc, I wouldn't miss this movie for nothin'. :D

Debbieangel
18-Aug-2006, 07:00 PM
At least this moive is somewhat of an original idea - unlike what these schmucks doing 'remakes' and 'reinvisioning' movies are doing. :p

I'm going to see this movie this weekend without hesitation, and I'm one of the ones who thought this was the stupidest idea for a movie ever created. After hearing reviews of people who have seen it and seeing some of the clips, previews, etc, I wouldn't miss this movie for nothin'. :D
I too wasnt going to see this movie but now I think I will talk someone into going with me and not I will go alone....I hate spiders and snakes!!! Makes me wanna pick my feet up off the floor!

Adrenochrome
18-Aug-2006, 07:08 PM
I too wasnt going to see this movie but now I think I will talk someone into going with me and not I will go alone....I hate spiders and snakes!!! Makes me wanna pick my feet up off the floor!
I will see this flick!!! and, I will see it with friends!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/crow_4_ever/Crow___Tom_Coffee.jpg

Tricky
18-Aug-2006, 07:11 PM
I was really expecting the movie to be totally slated by critics,but most reviews ive read have been really good,saying that its a great popcorn movie.I think i will have to be seeing it!
As for that phone thing,i cant get it to work,does it only work in the US?it wont accept the numbers i put in,mobile or landline

LouCipherr
18-Aug-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure if it's US only or not - if you can't get your phone #'s to work, there is an option to deliver the message via email too. ;)

LC

Tricky
18-Aug-2006, 07:45 PM
Texting mates landlines with "you are a gaylord" hasnt got old yet :lol:

Danny
18-Aug-2006, 10:46 PM
i just saw a thing on this and how all these trailers and stuff were made by people before films and it got cult status and on mtv news samuel l. said because of many posts in internet forums they added the line "weve got snakes on this mother ****in' plane!":lol:

Trancelikestate
19-Aug-2006, 06:46 AM
so i tried to do it to a bunch of people, but it hasnt worked yet and it's been like 5 hours. how long does it take? is it still working?

HLS
19-Aug-2006, 12:46 PM
That is so funny!

The movie title seems so retarded I just have to go see it. I got a feeling its going to be cheezy.

Trancelikestate
19-Aug-2006, 05:59 PM
so i tried to do it to a bunch of people, but it hasnt worked yet and it's been like 5 hours. how long does it take? is it still working?
I do think it still works, cuz i did it on myself at work. but does it not work on cell phones?

Maitreya
19-Aug-2006, 10:58 PM
Oh my God, thank you so much, this is amazing rofl.

Yes, I love it. I'm sending it to like everyone.