PDA

View Full Version : I found another movie to stump you all!!

Debbieangel
18-Aug-2006, 06:35 PM
Ok, I found another movie its a science fiction one named....tadada!
"Enemy Mine" starring Dennis Quaid. Have you seen it?
If you havent seen it it is worth the watch!!! Did I stump anyone?

Tullaryx
18-Aug-2006, 06:37 PM
Classic sci-fi from the 80's and Lou Gossett as the alien who laid his own egg. :D

Trancelikestate
18-Aug-2006, 06:44 PM
yeah! that movie rox! and the alien baby's name is like zabese or somethin. sounds like zombies a lil :P

Adrenochrome
18-Aug-2006, 06:46 PM
ahhhh, one of my favorites!!!!!
the two "aliens" teaching each other.
and, the end..........the reciting of the lineage.......
this is one of my favrite flicks ever!!!!
In fact, it's the only flick I like Quaid in......and Lou Gossett, Jr. is superb!!!!!

Davich!: "If one receives evil from another, let one not do evil in return. Rather, let him extend love to the enemy, that love might unite them." - I've heard all this before... in the human Taalmaan.

Jerry: Of course you have. Truth is truth.

Dang it all!, I have to pop that one in now!!!!

sci fi buddhism ;)

there was a Star Trek: New Generation that had a similar plot - Darmok and Jilad at Tanagra Check THAT mo fo out!!!!

Debbieangel
18-Aug-2006, 06:53 PM
ahhhh, one of my favorites!!!!!
the two "aliens" teaching each other.
and, the end..........the reciting of the lineage.......
this is one of my favrite flicks ever!!!!
In fact, it's the only flick I like Quaid in......and Lou Gossett, Jr. is superb!!!!!

Davich!: "If one receives evil from another, let one not do evil in return. Rather, let him extend love to the enemy, that love might unite them." - I've heard all this before... in the human Taalmaan.

Jerry: Of course you have. Truth is truth.

Dang it all!, I have to pop that one in now!!!!

sci fi buddhism ;)
I found a Quaid movie you might like its sort of scifi "Frequency" one of my favs!!! If you havent seen it get it and watch it....matter of fact I am watching it right now!

I didnt stump you but that doesnt mean I wont keep trying!!!!:p

Adrenochrome
18-Aug-2006, 06:57 PM
I found a Quaid movie you might like its sort of scifi "Frequency" one of my favs!!! If you havent seen it get it and watch it....matter of fact I am watching it right now!
oh, I've seen Frequency" - damn, how I dream about time travel.
You ever see a flick called A Boy and his Dog?

Trancelikestate
18-Aug-2006, 06:58 PM

yeah i love that one too! i own them both! :P nice work deb!

Adrenochrome
18-Aug-2006, 07:03 PM
DA!!!! you may be able to help me!!!
I saw a flick in the 70's - seems lioke it was twin boys........well, one boy killed his brother in a barn with a pitch-fork.......ok, now,....this is the hint....the kid playing the phsyco twins was either "James at 15" or a peanut buttter kid.
Help???? please???? come on!!!!!!!

MaximusIncredulous
18-Aug-2006, 11:54 PM
I saw a flick in the 70's - seems lioke it was twin boys........well, one boy killed his brother in a barn with a pitch-fork.......ok, now,....this is the hint....the kid playing the phsyco twins was either "James at 15" or a peanut buttter kid.

This one is tough. The closest I could find to your description is something called The Other. Could that be it?

coma
19-Aug-2006, 12:27 AM

James at 15 names is Lance Kerwin. Why I remeber that I dont know and I am alsp very ashamed.

Boy and his dog is raw. Liked it
Enemy mine is very much worth a viewing.

AcesandEights
19-Aug-2006, 12:27 AM
Man, when i was a kid that movie was on such heavy rotation on cable. It really was a piece of well done, classic Sci Fi.

Good pick! :)

Debbieangel
19-Aug-2006, 03:11 AM

I too think it is "The Other" pretty good...gotta love those 70's!!!

Trancelikestate
19-Aug-2006, 06:57 AM
did anyone here like another qauid movie called switchback? w/ danny glover. maybe i like it cuz it's filmed where i live in the rocky mountains of colorado. but i thought it was actually decent. anyone else? :)

Adrenochrome
19-Aug-2006, 10:57 AM
This one is tough. The closest I could find to your description is something called The Other. Could that be it?
I do believe that's it!!! thanks guys!:D

HLS
19-Aug-2006, 11:18 AM
YA it was a big blockbuster back in the 80's was very popular back then. For a movie in its time it is an excellent flick!:D

EvilNed
19-Aug-2006, 01:23 PM
Big up for Dragonheart.