PDA

View Full Version : See???? This is why......

Adrenochrome
21-Aug-2006, 02:15 PM
Here's another reason why I "pick on" the Christians...
I know not all are this whacked out of their heads, but, the majority of those I've known and met ARE this backwards.
(again, I was raised in the middle of the Buckle of the bible Belt..but, this story is in N.Y.....)
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,209589,00.html

I mean, wtf is THIS? - "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." from Timothy

p2501
21-Aug-2006, 03:04 PM
It's Watertown NY. anyone that's been there or done time at Fort Drum can atest to how "rural" it is up there.

It's just more fundy/ super christian bull****.

Adrenochrome
21-Aug-2006, 03:10 PM
It's Watertown NY. anyone that's been there or done time at Fort Drum can atest to how "rural" it is up there.

It's just more fundy/ super christian bull****.
ahhh, so these guys are as screwed in the head as Fred Phelps?

Zombie-A-GoGo
21-Aug-2006, 03:16 PM
In a statement, the board said other issues were behind Lambert's dismissal, but it did not say what they were.

Yeah, right. Thanks for providing us with yet another charming example of backwoods superstition. ;)

Adrenochrome
21-Aug-2006, 03:22 PM
backwoods superstition. ;)
Question:
What's the difference between "backwoods superstition" and "Christianity"?
They both are the same to me.

Zombie-A-GoGo
21-Aug-2006, 03:34 PM
Question:
What's the difference between "backwoods superstition" and "Christianity"?
They both are the same to me.

EXACTOMUNDO! :lol:

p2501
21-Aug-2006, 03:38 PM
ahhh, so these guys are as screwed in the head as Fred Phelps?

similar fundie ideology, but less vocal. my thinking is this is a further example of the "hardening" of church groups. a lot of local small congregation churchs near me are getting more "militant" in their views in order to create an "us v/s them" mindset. thisi is being done to lock in parishoners to coming every sunday, and of course giving money every sunday. because the church is "fighting" against the fake threat of the "christian" lifestyle being destroyed by "gays, liberals, and the like".

it's just more fear and manipulation, becasue church congregations are declining.

Here's a link for the church in question.
http://www.nnyinfo.com/firstbaptist/

zombiegirl
21-Aug-2006, 04:06 PM
That elderly woman devotes 54 years of her life to the church and thats what she gets! :mad: I'd like to show him where he can put his bible. What a pig. The board is no better when they can back peddle and say well there were other reasons. If there were other reasons it would have been less contraversial to site them instead of the fact that she is a woman. They are lying to cover their collective a**es. Chauvinistic morons like this never cease to amaze me.

coma
21-Aug-2006, 04:54 PM
The critisism of this justified interpretation is just another Far left attack on the true values of a christian nation.
The Attacks on the the unrepresented fundamental christians continues. Free Christmas!!
God Bless America, at least the Christian fundamentalists.
All non believers shall be cast into the lake of fire.
The Apocalypse is NIGH!
REPENT SINNERS!!!!!

p2501
21-Aug-2006, 05:13 PM
The critisism of this justified interpretation is just another Far left attack on the true values of a christian nation.
The Attacks on the the unrepresented fundamental christians continues. Free Christmas!!
God Bless America, at least the Christian fundamentalists.
All non believers shall be cast into the lake of fire.
The Apocalypse is NIGH!
REPENT SINNERS!!!!!

it's comments like this that make me glad i work for the opposition.

better pay, excellent benefits, and the secretaries are magnificent.

I think i'll beat up a pro-lifer this weekend.

Debbieangel
21-Aug-2006, 05:40 PM
If I were going to this church I would leave they are practicing "religion". I saying that I mean they dont have it in their heart they are practicing what "peoples laws" not necessarily God's law's. When it is God's law sometimes people take it to an extreme. I am having ahard time explaining what I mean. It just makes me sad when people take something a small part and not the whole of the Bible and say "yea, this is what it should be" and dont pray enough and listen to what God might say about it...so, it gets out of hand then we have this type of situation. Then it gives christianity a bad name.
I would also like to say as I have before..watch how you judge people. IF you think something is wrong you pray about it search your Bible for the truth. If it is not of God then you make a decision (after praying) to kindly admonish what is the wrong in private not publicly help that person seek the truth.
I hope this is making sense to you guys...sometimes from what is posted it on here it is like you really really dislike Christians alot!
I am soooo sorry in your own lives someone or some people have given you a bad witness of it all.
I for one love God with all my heart and all my soul and all my mind!!!
I dont mean to get up on soapbox but, from the things that were said I just had to say something...I know I dont have to defend God....He is who he is no matter if you believe in him or not.
My hope is not to offend anyone...I wont be "politcally correct" I think that would be rediculous. Truth is truth and I hope that is what I did to explain about being a Christian.
Those of other faiths I do not apologize..you have your faith and I have mine. God is who he says he is no matter what man trys to make him out to be.
I do not know if the "mods" would like us debating about religion here or not cause afterall their are alot of different religions out there and we could debate forever about it. But, I have said what I have to say...God bless all of you!!

jscott
21-Aug-2006, 05:58 PM
Thread is closed. Let's keep religious discussions (especially ones that discuss various religion's shortcomings/lunacy/idiocy) off of this board, please.

Quote:Originally Posted by Rules
We understand the precarious and controversial nature of Religion-based topics and debates in general, and so we do not want any material on these forums created anywhere that are bound to incite flames and debate between differentially opinioned members. Comments that illustrate this will be removed, and (if the comment is an attack on opinion), the creator warned.

Topics that can relate to religion (e.g. News reporting) will be closely monitored to make sure it stays civil, and will be closed the moment it starts getting out of hand.

MinionZombie
21-Aug-2006, 06:01 PM
Or at the very least discuss such thorny issues with a tad more diplomacy.