Wahsleety
21-Aug-2006, 09:48 PM
Teaser for my film.
Check it out if you feel like it.

http://www.myspace.com/bakeproductions

DjfunkmasterG
22-Aug-2006, 01:41 PM
I liked the teaser...

What did you film that in? It doesn't look like Mini Dv looks like 8mm.

Wahsleety
22-Aug-2006, 02:40 PM
Super 8 film. I believe it is a good choice for a first film, or for anyone looking for an interesting film look. I was able to purchase 4 cameras, lights, make-up, wardrobe, props, software, processing, transfer, and a computer, for about the same price as an xl2.
However, it is a major pain having to wait a week or more to see what you shot.
We learned so much working on this thing, and we had an awesome time. We had no idea what we were getting into, and made a bunch of mistakes but I would'nt change it for anything.

Kaos
22-Aug-2006, 03:17 PM
Super 8 film. I believe it is a good choice for a first film, or for anyone looking for an interesting film look. I was able to purchase 4 cameras, lights, make-up, wardrobe, props, software, processing, transfer, and a computer, for about the same price as an xl2.
However, it is a major pain having to wait a week or more to see what you shot.
We learned so much working on this thing, and we had an awesome time. We had no idea what we were getting into, and made a bunch of mistakes but I would'nt change it for anything.

How did you get the developed film into digital format? Is there a company that provides that service?

Wahsleety
22-Aug-2006, 03:43 PM
There are plenty of tranfer houses. A simple search could hook you up with several. You could also check around for photo deveolping places in your area, some can provide you with that service. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who works at one in Belair Maryland relatively close to me. It takes a couple weeks for them to get it back to me on mini dv. But i get a killer discount! If you have the money it would be better to find one that you can sit down with them to supervise the transfer. Since i can't afford that i just deal with what i get. Super 8 is by no means a convenient medium. I just like the way it looks mostly.

Fulcifan91
23-Aug-2006, 01:43 AM
Are you also located in Maryland? Myself, DJfunkmasterG, and LD-50 have worked together on several productions (mostly horror) together.

If you are located around here, where at?

Wahsleety
23-Aug-2006, 02:01 AM
Are you also located in Maryland? Myself, DJfunkmasterG, and LD-50 have worked together on several productions (mostly horror) together.

If you are located around here, where at?

I live in york county pa, about 5 miles north of harford county Md.. I work and do just about everything else in Maryland. Where are you guys located?

Danny
24-Aug-2006, 01:18 AM
thats pretty damn cool.:)

Wahsleety
24-Aug-2006, 01:37 AM
thats pretty damn cool.:)

Thanks.

MinionZombie
24-Aug-2006, 10:41 AM
A rather spiffing trailer there chap, well cool. It's nice to see some of us are still working with film now and then, gives a great look. I'm also digging the Evil Dead vibe you had going on in there, nothing quite like filming in the woods is there? Mind you, the insect bites are a reet pain in the arse.

Cool-ass trailer man. :thumbsup:

Fulcifan91
24-Aug-2006, 09:46 PM
Where are you guys located?

DJ is in Gaithersburg, Im in Glen Burnie area, LD-50 is baltimore, and Lou is in Pasadena

Neil
24-Aug-2006, 10:19 PM
Looks good!

Wahsleety
25-Aug-2006, 04:34 AM
A rather spiffing trailer there chap, well cool. It's nice to see some of us are still working with film now and then, gives a great look. I'm also digging the Evil Dead vibe you had going on in there, nothing quite like filming in the woods is there? Mind you, the insect bites are a reet pain in the arse.

Cool-ass trailer man. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Yeah, Evil Dead is a huge influence. Filming in the woods is wonderful for the most part. It was a bit hot some of those days, quite cold on some others. It becomes more and more difficult to convince people that they should spend all day in uncomfortable misery as time goes on, especially when the pay is a couple ham sandwiches and a bottle of water. But they kept showing up, sometimes painfully late, but it all worked out.

Looks good!

Thank you!

DJ is in Gaithersburg, Im in Glen Burnie area, LD-50 is baltimore, and Lou is in Pasadena

Cool, only a couple hours away.

Adrenochrome
25-Aug-2006, 03:40 PM
Whoa! NICE!!!

Loved the music also.

Wahsleety
26-Aug-2006, 09:36 PM
Cool. Thanks!