PDA

View Full Version : Lost The others (spoilers)

Rottedfreak
22-Aug-2006, 06:13 PM
Has anyone who's watching this thought that the voices that come before something strange happens might not be related to the 'good guys'?
Did anyone notice that Michael and Walt left minus a four pawed companion?

p2501
22-Aug-2006, 07:13 PM
how far into the show are you?

i don't wanna get into anything that might spoil stuff.

Rottedfreak
23-Aug-2006, 12:44 PM
season 2 finale

p2501
23-Aug-2006, 01:30 PM
ok, cool.

in regards to michael and walt. there's been a ton of dis information about what's going on with them. One report has them back for season 3, another has them as being released from their contracts. so take it as you will. i suspect give the repiticious talk of the fact time my not function on the island as it does in the outside world. that michael and wlat will be back, but older. this will resolve Walt's real world growth.

back to the others. i dunno what the voices are exactly. without knowing more about who the others are and what their operations entail it's difficult to speculate. but you could be correct that the two things are seperate items.

i tend to think they are infact bad guys, or atleast overzealous in their commitment.

what i want to know is what the hell is the black gas.

Cykotic
23-Aug-2006, 05:23 PM
what i want to know is what the hell is the black gas

I thought that the Black Gas thing might be either a group hallucination or an Electromagnetic field

Tricky
23-Aug-2006, 05:50 PM
What i want to know is what the hell is the island??is it some kind of parallel universe away from the real world,or heaven,hell,or the gates of either?or just some kind of bermuda triangle mystery in the real world?reminds me of "the langoliers" but weirder & better

p2501
23-Aug-2006, 06:55 PM
I thought that the Black Gas thing might be either a group hallucination or an Electromagnetic field

i'm doubtful of the halucination if only because it's affected people physically. as for an EM feild. that's possible. but the gas seems to have a basic level of consciousness to it.

What i want to know is what the hell is the island??is it some kind of parallel universe away from the real world,or heaven,hell,or the gates of either?or just some kind of bermuda triangle mystery in the real world?reminds me of "the langoliers" but weirder & better

i dunno. it seems like it's somehow fragments from the realworld in many ways.

perhaps something related to the massive EM wave that the end of season 2, move it slightly out of synch with reality? i honestly don't know.

back during season 2, they were running those fake websites as tie ins. one of them indicated that the Hanzo corp stared out as a huge defense contactor, and they were heavy in the field of energy weaps. so maybe that has something to do with it.

Rottedfreak
24-Aug-2006, 07:53 AM
I was thinking the island could be

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakoa

Chakobsa
24-Aug-2006, 09:53 AM
I think it's got something to do with time and dreams, with a bit of existentialism thrown in for good measure.
On the other hand the whole thing could be "theatre of the absurd" which will not sit well with a generation of viewers that like everything neatly explained.
We'll see.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An Experiment with Time