PDA

View Full Version : Snakes in a motherf*cking theatre!

LouCipherr
22-Aug-2006, 07:17 PM
All I can say is, WHAT KIND OF MORON would do this?

SOURCE (http://www.local6.com/news/9717727/detail.html)

Live Rattlesnakes Released In 'Snakes On A Plane' Theater

POSTED: 1:24 pm EDT August 22, 2006
UPDATED: 1:46 pm EDT August 22, 2006

Two live diamondback rattlesnakes were released in an Arizona movie theater during a showing of the new film "Snakes on a Plane," according to Local 6 News.

Authorities said pranksters released the young venomous rattlesnakes in a dark theater at the AMC Desert Ridge near Tatum and Loop 101 in Phoenix.

The two snakes caused a panic in the dark theater, according to the report.

"That to me is very scary," herpetological association representative Tom Whiting said. "I would hate to be watching a movie about snakes and have a rattlesnake bite me."

Wranglers were called to collect the snakes, the report said.

No one was injured in the incident and, so far, the culprits have not been caught.

Officials believe the snakes were smuggled into the theater in backpacks.

"This thing is under someone's chair and they go to sit and they just push your foot in the air and startle it -- obviously all they got to do is startle this thing," Phoenix Herpetological Society spokesman Daniel Marchand said. "It's dark. They can't see you, you know that well. If it's scared, boom it strikes."

The snakes were released into the desert.

WTF are people thinking?! sheesh

Debbieangel
22-Aug-2006, 08:37 PM
Ewwwww! If I would have been in that theater...heart attack time!
I hate snakes besides spiders! Again I say ewwwwww!
People are sooo freaking weird anymore...seems to me people dont give a flying fig about others anymore!!! That is a terrible prank to be playing! What if someone did have a heat attack and died? What if someone got bit?
Now that is a very big price to pay for just a laugh or whatever those weirdo's were getting from doing such a thing.
Pranks in my younger years was throwing toilet paper in someones tree, putting ahuge bra in someones mailbox...those are pranks..this stuff they did is not funny and dangerous!!!

p2501
22-Aug-2006, 09:24 PM
man these theater sponsored give aways are getting out of hand.......

Danny
22-Aug-2006, 09:37 PM
maybe it was just the next step in 3-d?:lol:

MikePizzoff
22-Aug-2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah. It's just like back in the 50's with all of the US Sci-Fi films coming out in theatres. Usually they'd have a guy dressed up like a monster run through the audience at times or your seat would rumble during an earthquake or something. Watch the movie Matinee for a better feel on it.

Only they [obviously] do it with style in Arizona.

zombie04
23-Aug-2006, 03:59 AM
maybe it was just the next step in 3-d?:lol:

Thank God they weren't showing Deep Throat!

anybody who's seen Kentucky Fried Movie should get it, I'm drunk as hell right now:p

MaximusIncredulous
23-Aug-2006, 07:07 AM
Too bad they used venomous snakes it otherwise would've had a William Castle charm to it.

Maitreya
23-Aug-2006, 08:12 AM
It's too bad Samuel L. Jackson wasn't there to **** those snakes bitchasses up.

Bunker65
23-Aug-2006, 12:45 PM
Yeah. It's just like back in the 50's with all of the US Sci-Fi films coming out in theatres. Usually they'd have a guy dressed up like a monster run through the audience at times or your seat would rumble during an earthquake or something. Watch the movie Matinee for a better feel on it.

Only they [obviously] do it with style in Arizona.

I remember being at a theatre when I was younger & watching a "monster" movie marathon. You know, Frankenstein, Dracula, the Wolfman etc... Can't remember during which movie it was but all of the sudden here came Frankenstein, Dracula & the Wolfman running through the theatre scaring the crap out of everyone :eek:.

These moron's releasing venomous snakes is over the top though.They are lucky that no one was hurt. Bite, heart attack, trampling.. Any of those could have occured. Lot's of good fun there, huh :rolleyes:.

bassman
23-Aug-2006, 01:07 PM
Well....it would've made it that much more interesting:p .....

HLS
23-Aug-2006, 01:54 PM
What an asshole! I mean **** like that is not funny. So many stupid people in this world.:eek:

p2501
23-Aug-2006, 03:10 PM
umm yeah, so that soryy,....it' kinda fake.

sorry kids

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/0822talker-ON.html

Debbieangel
23-Aug-2006, 05:10 PM
umm yeah, so that soryy,....it' kinda fake.

sorry kids

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/0822talker-ON.html

wowww...it was on the news everything that LouCifer said here on my local news. Goes to show you the news isnt always right! I am glad the story isnt true, also glad it wasnt a prank. I know people are getting real weird but, woww to do something like that for fun? Anyway thanks for telling us the true story!

MikePizzoff
23-Aug-2006, 06:50 PM
Goes to show you the news isnt always right!

You're just now figuring this out?!?!

DjfunkmasterG
24-Aug-2006, 01:39 PM
Police Refute Rumors of Snake Cinema Scare
Phoenix, Arizona police have denied reports live rattlesnakes were released in a cinema during a screening of Snakes On A Plane, insisting the claims are a hoax. Local news reports on Tuesday said cinema-goers were terrified when two live venomous rattlesnakes were released at a showing of the Samuel L. Jackson film last Friday. Phoenix police sergeant Joel Tranter admits there is a shred of truth to the story - a 10-inch rattlesnake was found on Friday in a hallway at the movie theatre, but is thought to have slithered there on its own. A security guard swept the snake up outside and trapped it in a plastic container until a member of the Arizona Herpetological Association could haul it away. Snake handlers had also been called to the theatre earlier in the day to retrieve another rattlesnake from outside.