PDA

View Full Version : "Silent Hill" the movie (Possible Spoilers)

GRMonLI
25-Aug-2006, 03:36 AM
If this has been discussed sorry but I just saw it.

I do not play the game so I did not know the whole story but I watched it tonight and thought there were way too many plot holes.

Some scenes were really good and the "monsters" were kind of cool.

What bothered me most was the whole idea of aging. Some characters who were around thirty years ago do not look like they have aged a day while the demon, Alessa and her Mother Dahlia were the only ones that did.

Thanks, had to get that out. :D

general tbag
25-Aug-2006, 03:47 AM
it was one of the better videogame/big screen movies. the atmosphere and set deasign is pretty bang on of the videogame. i just didnt like the ending, and wished the story was the father oppsed to the mother like the videogame.

btw about the aging part, it was explained as the people were in limbo or cursed excluding the mom.

GRMonLI
25-Aug-2006, 04:09 AM
btw about the aging part, it was explained as the people were in limbo or cursed excluding the mom.

The Police Detective lived in Town not in Silent Hill and interacted with "regular" people....how could he be in limbo?

Because if Rose and Sharon were in limbo how come no one else could see them.

And the ending wasnt so hot. :lol:

general tbag
25-Aug-2006, 04:35 AM
because they werent cursed. the people like the women and such were in a alternate reality/limbo.

the daughter was the gateway, look at the bridge scene. the bridge was fine for the cops,but destroyed for the mom.

GRMonLI
25-Aug-2006, 05:17 AM
because they werent cursed. the people like the women and such were in a alternate reality/limbo.

the daughter was the gateway, look at the bridge scene. the bridge was fine for the cops,but destroyed for the mom.

I do not think you understand my question.

The cop was not cursed, he was not in limbo. He lived in town, he could be seen by other people.......BUT he did not appear to have aged a day from the scene thirty years ago when he pulled Alessa off the stand she was on and when he burned his hands.

To be a cop he had to have been at least, to be conservative, 20 years old. It was thirty years later and he would be at least 50 but in no way did he look like that.

Not trying to give you a hard time because I appreciate you even answering but I dont think we were on the same page. :D

p2501
25-Aug-2006, 02:32 PM
I do not think you understand my question.

The cop was not cursed, he was not in limbo. He lived in town, he could be seen by other people.......BUT he did not appear to have aged a day from the scene thirty years ago when he pulled Alessa off the stand she was on and when he burned his hands.

To be a cop he had to have been at least, to be conservative, 20 years old. It was thirty years later and he would be at least 50 but in no way did he look like that.

Not trying to give you a hard time because I appreciate you even answering but I dont think we were on the same page. :D

Yes and no. the actor that actually plays the detective is 47. (see below). so it's possible he just ages well, and was unaffected by the curse.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0167649/

HLS
25-Aug-2006, 03:57 PM
Yes and no. the actor that actually plays the detective is 47. (see below). so it's possible he just ages well, and was unaffected by the curse.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0167649/

Well there was a lot of out of place things with Silent Hill but it still gave me the creeps and that horn sent chills down my spine!

PJoseph
25-Aug-2006, 04:36 PM
I agree that the cop seemed a little out of place in his age. If the fire was in 1974 and the film takes place now, he only looked like he had aged about ten years. And even though the real actor is 47 and looks younger, they should have aged him.

pJ