PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card race

MikePizzoff
27-Aug-2006, 12:51 AM
Who's everyone rootin for?

Lets go Phillies!

Purge
27-Aug-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm a Red Sox fan myself, but it looks like we can pretty much count those guys out.:mad: I'm thinking that it'll be the Twins, Tigers, or Mets who win the Series this year.

Adrenochrome
27-Aug-2006, 08:49 PM
Go Royals!!!!

Oh, man, am I ever kidding!!!:rolleyes:

AssassinFromHell
28-Aug-2006, 12:00 AM
I'm a Yankee fan! Mwahahahahah! :lol:

Wild Card, I'm rootin' for the Twins and the Phillies. Phillies have that Ryan Howard. Bastards. Our "star" is Alex Rodriguez. What a flop...

darth los
28-Aug-2006, 12:41 AM

Wild Card, I'm rootin' for the Twins and the Phillies. Phillies have that Ryan Howard. Bastards. Our "star" is Alex Rodriguez. What a flop...

I'm a yankee fan as well and let me tell you, Alex Rodriguez is playing like a complete bum. It's come to the point where i treat him that way. When a bench player gets in the game you don't really ecpect him to do anything. It's the same with alex. You can almost garauntee a double play or a strikeout. When you expect things from certain players and they don't come through you get disapointed. How can you expect anything or get disapointed when a bum doesn't come through? I'd rather have any yankee at the plate in a big spot instead of him. Sports analysts from around the country chastise New Yorkers. They say "Look at the numbers this guy puts up" or "he won the M.V.P. last year" but they don't watch the yankees every day, I do. Believe me the man is a bum and looks totally lost.:confused: The man is what i call a RALLY KILLER. I've seen a deer staring at headlights look more coherent than he does at the plate right now. The yankees need to trade him to a team that's starved for offense for a stud pitcher. with that said LET'S GO YANKEES. The wild card is going to either the white sox or the twins in the A.L.

Exatreides
28-Aug-2006, 01:35 AM
the yankee's are the evil empire

go cubs.

Tied2thetracks
28-Aug-2006, 07:20 AM
I'm still pulling for the unlikley Brewers.

MikePizzoff
28-Aug-2006, 10:50 AM

Ryan Howard is my boy! I remember when we first aquired him... at first I was a little 'iffy' but then I realized "Screw Jim Thome, put in Ryan Howard."

Of course once Thome got traded he started playing good again... but he's no Ryan Howard!

Don't forget we've also got the amazing Chase Utley, the incredible Jimmy Rollins, the outstanding Shane Victorino, and the balls-to-the-wall Aaron Rowand.

If it weren't for our extremely ****ty pitching-staff, the Phillies would be an unstoppable force.

AssassinFromHell
28-Aug-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm a yankee fan as well and let me tell you, Alex Rodriguez is playing like a complete bum. It's come to the point where i treat him that way. When a bench player gets in the game you don't really ecpect him to do anything. It's the same with alex. You can almost garauntee a double play or a strikeout. When you expect things from certain players and they don't come through you get disapointed. How can you expect anything or get disapointed when a bum doesn't come through? I'd rather have any yankee at the plate in a big spot instead of him. Sports analysts from around the country chastise New Yorkers. They say "Look at the numbers this guy puts up" or "he won the M.V.P. last year" but they don't watch the yankees every day, I do. Believe me the man is a bum and looks totally lost.:confused: The man is what i call a RALLY KILLER. I've seen a deer staring at headlights look more coherent than he does at the plate right now. The yankees need to trade him to a team that's starved for offense for a stud pitcher. with that said LET'S GO YANKEES. The wild card is going to either the white sox or the twins in the A.L.

That's exactly what I say, then everybody gives me the lecture about how I'm one of those non-true Yankee fans and no matter what A-Rod does he can never win. The guy leads third basemen and the Yankees in errors. I was excited when A-Rod came to the Yankees. He used to be a player who struck fear in pitchers. Now he's some overly-sensitive and very vulnerable child who has no place in New York.

Ryan Howard is my boy! I remember when we first aquired him... at first I was a little 'iffy' but then I realized "Screw Jim Thome, put in Ryan Howard."

Of course once Thome got traded he started playing good again... but he's no Ryan Howard!

Don't forget we've also got the amazing Chase Utley, the incredible Jimmy Rollins, the outstanding Shane Victorino, and the balls-to-the-wall Aaron Rowand.

If it weren't for our extremely ****ty pitching-staff, the Phillies would be an unstoppable force.

Thome's gotten old. This year will be the last of the good ones. And Howard...he sure as hell better get N.L. MVP.

So a nobody gets a hit streak and you call him amazing? :p

The whole league has ****ty pitching. It's a tradition now. I want Scott Kazmir to stay heathly and come to the Yankees. That'd be awesome...

MikePizzoff
28-Aug-2006, 12:30 PM
Thome's gotten old. This year will be the last of the good ones. And Howard...he sure as hell better get N.L. MVP.

So a nobody gets a hit streak and you call him amazing? :p

The whole league has ****ty pitching. It's a tradition now. I want Scott Kazmir to stay heathly and come to the Yankees. That'd be awesome...

1) I whole-heartedly agree; Ryan Howard should deffinitely get MVP of the NL.

2) A NOBODY?!?! Are you nuts? Chase Utley is an all around amazing player. I was a huge fan of his wayyy before the hitting streak. Pretty much every single Phillies fan was. Next time you see the Phillies play, pay attention to him. Some of the plays he makes in the field are outstanding.

3) Sure, every team's pitching isn't great. But the majority of them are better than the Phillies! We need to do something about that! It's a shame we really won't be built up into a new team until 2008. I don't feel like dealing with another season of grief.

p2501
28-Aug-2006, 01:07 PM
I loathe with a capacity i reserve only for personla injury alwyers and pedophiles, every "professional" sports team out of philadelphia.

there all just ****.

sans the flyers.

the flyers are ok.

MikePizzoff
28-Aug-2006, 01:09 PM
The band that does the Flyers fight song are friends of mine.