PDA

View Full Version : For You land fans - Memory lane time

DjfunkmasterG
28-Aug-2006, 10:22 PM
I have two pages hidden from Public view in regards to LAND of the DEAD. When PWDT.COM was an allthings zombie related site I used to update it quite often, but I have some tidbits on there including the recalled, NIGHT, DAWN, DAY, LAND trailer.

http://www.playingwithdeadthings.com/LandoftheDead.html

Enjoy

zombiegirl
29-Aug-2006, 01:10 PM
Your the man DJ. :D

TheWalkingDude
29-Aug-2006, 03:10 PM
Loved it thanks.

MinionZombie
03-Sep-2006, 03:52 PM
Wicked, I was wanting to see the original Land trailer a while ago and now I've seen it again, woot-woot! All aboard the I Love Land Train! :cool:

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 02:53 AM
thnx dj. That trailer was cool, especially with the clips for the previous 3 films. Too bad it couldn't have remained that way. Although it lost me when it said that land was his ultimate masterpiece.:confused:

sandrock74
26-Jun-2007, 03:19 AM
I really like the trailer! One day I will have to sit down and figure out exactly how George Romero does not have access to his own movies??

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2007, 10:47 AM
I really like the trailer! One day I will have to sit down and figure out exactly how George Romero does not have access to his own movies??
Screwed by producers, that's why. The dude is just the worst businessman, but he's seemingly all heart and creativity...you can't really be both. If only GAR had someone on his side at the time of making these films so he retained copyright...but nevertheless, it's always "George A Romero's Dawn of the Dead"...not "Dickhead Rubenstein's Dawn of the Dead" or whatever...

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 07:29 PM
Screwed by producers, that's why. The dude is just the worst businessman, but he's seemingly all heart and creativity...you can't really be both. If only GAR had someone on his side at the time of making these films so he retained copyright...but nevertheless, it's always "George A Romero's Dawn of the Dead"...not "Dickhead Rubenstein's Dawn of the Dead" or whatever...

Rubenstein is a slick charaacter now that you think about it. That's the price gar paid for private funding. Rubenstein is a businessman and those were probably his conditions. On the documentary disc included in the ultimate edition he goes on about all these miscellaneous costs associated with the film includinginsurance, etc. Someone had to take care of those things. Gar looks like a pure artist who doesn't concern himself with those things. He just wants to make movies. George really wanted to make that film, so there you have it. It was either that or he would have run the risk of his vision never being realized, and then what would we have to talk about? But , i heard that rubenstein shares the revenue from dawn with gar even though he's not obligated to, is this true?

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2007, 07:56 PM
I was thinking about Dawn of the Dead today, and how people wanted Land to be "his epic" ... but really, Dawn of the Dead is his epic.

Especially the extended cut, the original cannes cut which it is otherwise known as. For a horror movies it's really damn long, especially for 1978, but it doesn't lag at all.

It's a MALL FULL OF ZOMBIES. You see utter chaos in the TV station, an entire RAID on a tenement building. It's also got a lot of action in it, so I don't get the gripe with the action in Land. Dawn has some absolutely unrelenting sequences. The entire first 15 minutes is non-stop shouting, fighting, running around, shooting, heads blowing up - it packs a punch.

The story is epic, it flows over months, you view civilisation crumble and collapse into nothing but empty TV noise.

THEN - the entire mall is laid waste to by a gang of bikers riding motorcycles through the mall itself! It's even got a freakin' PIE FIGHT! :cool:

All in 1977/78, on an indie production and then released unrated. Dawn was GAR's epic, and it was action packed too.

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 10:55 PM
I was thinking about Dawn of the Dead today, and how people wanted Land to be "his epic" ... but really, Dawn of the Dead is his epic.

Especially the extended cut, the original cannes cut which it is otherwise known as. For a horror movies it's really damn long, especially for 1978, but it doesn't lag at all.

It's a MALL FULL OF ZOMBIES. You see utter chaos in the TV station, an entire RAID on a tenement building. It's also got a lot of action in it, so I don't get the gripe with the action in Land. Dawn has some absolutely unrelenting sequences. The entire first 15 minutes is non-stop shouting, fighting, running around, shooting, heads blowing up - it packs a punch.

The story is epic, it flows over months, you view civilisation crumble and collapse into nothing but empty TV noise.

THEN - the entire mall is laid waste to by a gang of bikers riding motorcycles through the mall itself! It's even got a freakin' PIE FIGHT! :cool:

All in 1977/78, on an indie production and then released unrated. Dawn was GAR's epic, and it was action packed too.

I totally agree. Dawn is the crown jewel of his directing career. He'll never make a better film than that so i guess we better stop comparing every film he makes to it because that's just begging to be disapointed. It's truly a landmark film that i would put up against the best films that other genres have to offer.