PDA

View Full Version : I hope this isn't BS

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2006, 01:29 PM
He needs to redeem himself from LAND and although I want another GAR film the premise of this sounds stupid, and I can't believe the old man would do something like this. I hope he isn't going senile. I would rather see World of the Dead then Diary of the Dead.

AssassinFromHell
29-Aug-2006, 01:37 PM
Personally, I enjoyed LAND for what it was and feel he doesn't need to redeem himself. But I do agree with you about World and Diary. Diary sounds like crap. College kids? It just screams James Gunn material...

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2006, 01:46 PM
We both agree it screams crap. :D

bassman
29-Aug-2006, 01:59 PM
You also have to remember that the film may not even have the same name once it's released. It's just a working title...

Remember that Land was originally called "Dead Reckoning"?....

I have faith in the ol' man. It will be a decent film, at least...

Adrenochrome
29-Aug-2006, 02:00 PM
I hope he isn't going senile. I would rather see World of the Dead then Diary of the Dead.
I'm still chanting, lighting candles and praying, that this is still some hoax.
I loved Land...(woulda changed a couple of things *cough* Big Daddy*cough)...but, I loved it.
This Diary thing......man,.....not so sure about that...

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2006, 02:26 PM
Yeah BIG DADDY is my biggest complaint about LAND, as is the zombies getting to smart, but when you think about only BD, #9 and Tambourine Zombie had any intelligence, they rest were just a bunch of sheep following the shepard... So thats why I hated the intelligence angle.

But Please let this be a serious movie if it happens and not come off as hokey as it sounds

AssassinFromHell
29-Aug-2006, 02:30 PM
I liked the idea of Big Daddy, and I mean no offense to Eugene Clark because I think he's a great actor, he just didn't do that great of a job with Big Daddy. He's a good human, but no zombie.

Adrenochrome
29-Aug-2006, 02:34 PM
I liked the idea of Big Daddy, and I mean no offense to Eugene Clark because I think he's a great actor, he just didn't do that great of a job with Big Daddy. He's a good human, but no zombie.
too much of that "fake-over-the-top-typical-Hollywood-monster" Raaarrrrrghhh crap for me. (Not as convincing as Bub.)

AssassinFromHell
29-Aug-2006, 02:42 PM
The rarrgh crap indicates its a monster, as the flick seemed to show the zombies as. If you look at the previous films, the zombies are just innocent animals. Bub never went rarrghh and all that. He communicated. In my opinion, he was far more intelligent than Big Daddy, he just didn't get a chance to show it.

But consider this. Is it possible that the zombies are a mirror of humanity and it's beginnings? Starting as an innocent animal trying to survive, and gaining intelligence only to spoil with that acquiring of knowledge?

LouCipherr
29-Aug-2006, 03:21 PM
This is what worries me (in bold):

"It has my sensibility, my sense of socioeconomic satire," he said. "And it has my zombies! They're not rushing around -- they're gonna be moving slow." Added Grunwald, "There'll be a lot of howling."

Howling? WTF?! He's gone mad.

Adrenochrome
29-Aug-2006, 03:24 PM

"It has my sensibility, my sense of socioeconomic satire," he said. "And it has my zombies! They're not rushing around -- they're gonna be moving slow." Added Grunwald, "There'll be a lot of howling."

oh my.

*paces back and forth* remembers reading, "Howling".....

*runs for the stash box!*

edit

bassman
29-Aug-2006, 03:43 PM

Maybe he meant moaning(like they've done from the beginning) but just accidentally used the wrong word....I hope.

And Assassin....Bub screamed too. When he found Logans dead body....

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2006, 04:07 PM
Bub didn't really scream he sadly wailed, Big Daddy sound like one of the gags at an amusement park funhouse

RArrrrrcghhhhh -

bassman
29-Aug-2006, 04:28 PM
"sadly wailed"? :lol:

It's pretty loud and angry for a "sad wail".

LouCipherr
29-Aug-2006, 05:14 PM
Bub didn't really scream he sadly wailed, Big Daddy sound like one of the gags at an amusement park funhouse

RArrrrrcghhhhh -

No, he didn't sound like a gag at an amusement park, he sounded like Frankenstien's monster for god's sake. :rolleyes:

Danny
29-Aug-2006, 10:39 PM
I hope he isn't going senile.

if he is then well be treated to "THE WOLDS NOT LIKE IT USED TO BE OF THE DEAD" - "zombies that zoam the halls of country chicken buffet, complain about youngsters under the age of 40 and there x cube 390's and that dern rap music televeision and that satanist music........MMMMMMAAAATTTTLLLOOOCCCCKKKKK!"

coming to a cinema near you

*shudders*

Svengoolie
29-Aug-2006, 10:56 PM
Personally, I don't think it's bull****...but, I'm still kinda skeptical about the possibilities that it'll actually happen.

Like most film makers, GAR has been attatched to about a go-zillion projects, both studio-backed and independant, that never made it off the ground.

Still, gotta hope for the best. It would be good to see the old man pull it off just one more time.:D

Maitreya
29-Aug-2006, 11:29 PM

RArrrrrcghhhhh -

But you know.. It would make for quite the "Land of the Dead" drinking game, take a drink everytime Big Daddy screams, hahaha.

Or everytime there's an asinine/impossible gore scene.

Oh the possibilities.

Yea, but to the topic. We may seem skeptical right now, but you know, he's George mother****in Romero (as Samuel L. Jackson would put it), and he's the master of anything zombie. I personally have total faith. I also find myself enjoying Land more and more everytime I watch it.

So stop bagging on him, he's the master. It's an independent film project, his best works were independent. Have faith young ones.

AssassinFromHell
30-Aug-2006, 02:07 AM
But you know.. It would make for quite the "Land of the Dead" drinking game, take a drink everytime Big Daddy screams, hahaha.

Or everytime there's an asinine/impossible gore scene.

Oh the possibilities.

Yea, but to the topic. We may seem skeptical right now, but you know, he's George mother****in Romero (as Samuel L. Jackson would put it), and he's the master of anything zombie. I personally have total faith. I also find myself enjoying Land more and more everytime I watch it.

So stop bagging on him, he's the master. It's an independent film project, his best works were independent. Have faith young ones.

It doesn't matter if he's the master or not, it still doesn't make him immune to mistake and disaster.

George Lucas was the master of Star Wars. Then came the prequel trilogy. EVERYBODY ****S UP!

Now Romero is making the Blair Witch Project with dead people. What's next? Freddy Krueger attacks Fiddler's Green?

DjfunkmasterG
30-Aug-2006, 02:33 AM
What's next? Freddy Krueger attacks Fiddler's Green?

How Sweet, Fresh Meat! :lol:

Danny
30-Aug-2006, 02:39 AM
Now Romero is making the Blair Witch Project with dead people. What's next? Freddy Krueger attacks Fiddler's Green?

come on youd watch that, big daddy would kick his ass!;)

Svengoolie
30-Aug-2006, 02:44 AM
It doesn't matter if he's the master or not, it still doesn't make him immune to mistake and disaster.

That's the first bit of yours I've ever read that actually makes any kind of sense, kid.:D

Danny
30-Aug-2006, 02:56 AM
now now.:bored:

Maitreya
30-Aug-2006, 06:29 AM
George Lucas was the master of Star Wars. Then came the prequel trilogy. EVERYBODY ****S UP!

I'm sorry, but it's well known that George Lucas is NOT the master of Star Wars. It's well documented that Chuck Norris gave him all 6 of the scripts, but Lucas lost the first three and then tried to rewrite them... And failed miserably.

bassman
30-Aug-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm sorry, but it's well known that George Lucas is NOT the master of Star Wars. It's well documented that Chuck Norris gave him all 6 of the scripts, but Lucas lost the first three and then tried to rewrite them... And failed miserably.

:lol:

I don't know about the Chuck Norris thing.....but Lucas really isn't the master of Star Wars. Lawrence Kasdan is the man behind the original trilogy. Lucas just gave a basic storyline and Kasdan(also wrote the Raiders films) turned it into gold.

Lucas was behind the new trilogy....that's why it wasn't up to par. He just got lucky with the original film(Star Wars). Empire and Jedi can't even be claimed by Lucas.

But yeah, back on topic.....
I think that some of us may be freaking out alittle too much about the "Blair Witch" comment. I mean....at this stage in the film's production, that may have just been a slight slip of the tongue and not be a good comparison to the plot of the film.

Who knows....this may be the Romero Dead film that some of you have been waiting for since Day.

AssassinFromHell
30-Aug-2006, 01:40 PM
Or Romero could be turning into Wes Craven and Romero is hitting the point where all fell apart...THIS COULD BE GEORGE'S SCREAM! :eek:

Maitreya
31-Aug-2006, 10:15 PM
Or Romero could be turning into Wes Craven and Romero is hitting the point where all fell apart...THIS COULD BE GEORGE'S SCREAM! :eek:

Despite Wes' shortcomings you can't say that A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 wasn't really ****ing funny. Haha, that whole video game thing... Amazing!

rikimaru
01-Sep-2006, 02:17 AM
i think its funny that everyone always says how they hope another gar film will come along then when they hear one is in the works and know very little about it they are automaticly unhappy with it. I am just glad hes making or trying to make another zombie film aslong as its mildly entertaining im not complaining.