PDA

View Full Version : Zombie books

wiltsu16
30-Aug-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi! im looking for zombie books, tell me some:)

Andy
30-Aug-2006, 09:21 PM
the resident evil series of books are good :)

darth los
30-Aug-2006, 09:30 PM
World War Z will be coming out on 9-16-06. Looks pretty good.

Chakobsa
30-Aug-2006, 09:42 PM
Get Robert Kirkman's "The Walking Dead" graphic novel series, it's superb. Also, Download the first book of David Moody's series "Autumn", the price is right too; it's free.:)
Omnibucket's " Brainchild" anthology is worth a look and today I just got my copy of "The Undead" zombie anthology which looks to have some tasty stuff between it's covers.

Fulcifan91
30-Aug-2006, 10:06 PM
Return of the Living Dead is great, by John Russo, and was turned into a screenplay, then a major motion picture.

axlish
30-Aug-2006, 10:10 PM
The Book of the Dead
A history of all things zombie cinema
http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/1903254337.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1103311360_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1903254337/002-7480096-4444859?v=glance&n=283155

I highly reccomend it.

bassman
30-Aug-2006, 10:12 PM
Return of the Living Dead is great, by John Russo, and was turned into a screenplay, then a major motion picture.

Is it the same as the film or does it take itself more seriously as I've been told?

Tullaryx
30-Aug-2006, 10:24 PM
Wet Work by Philip Nutman
World War Z by Max Brooks
Monster Island by David Wellington
Autumn series by David Moody
The Book of All Flesh and The Book of More Flesh by James Lowder
The Rising and City of the Dead by Brian Keene
The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman

Chakobsa
30-Aug-2006, 10:42 PM
Wet Work by Philip Nutman
World War Z by Max Brooks
Monster Island by David Wellington
Autumn series by David Moody
The Book of All Flesh and The Book of More Flesh by James Lowder
The Rising and City of the Dead by Brian Keene
The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman

Just had a look at "wet Work" on Amazon, looks interesting. thanks for that.:)

gunnerkes
31-Aug-2006, 04:51 AM
I jus finished The Undead : Anthology of the Dead, quite a good read it was. Ive also got The Rising to start and Autumn. Both got good reviews all round. Anthology was quite good and even had stories from the zombies point of view. Was quite interesting and a very good read :)

creepntom
31-Aug-2006, 05:50 AM
reign of the dead & apocolypse end:reign of the dead

the prequel is due out this fall

Deadman_Deluxe
31-Aug-2006, 07:50 PM
I am almost finished reading WORLD WAR Z.

It took me a while to get through, i still got a few pages to go ... but it is just as funny as the first book, just as good, and i would reccomend that you buy that when it is released (worldwide?) at the end of next month.

EDIT: You could also try the RESIDENT EVIL novel's. They share more with the movie's than the actual PS1/PS2 games ... so check them out IF you enjoyed/understood the movie angle.

TheWalkingDude
31-Aug-2006, 07:51 PM
Ok not totally zombie books but does contain zombie stories....Nightmares and Dreamscapes...Stephen King..The story Home delivery....ALso the Story Cell is zombie type from King.....There is another one by king but i just cant remember it right at the moment but i will figure it out.

Adrenochrome
31-Aug-2006, 08:03 PM
Ok not totally zombie books but does contain zombie stories....Nightmares and Dreamscapes...Stephen King..The story Home delivery....ALso the Story Cell is zombie type from King.....There is another one by king but i just cant remember it right at the moment but i will figure it out.

Sometimes They Come Back? (from the Night Shift collection of short stories?)

Andy
31-Aug-2006, 08:19 PM
EDIT: You could also try the RESIDENT EVIL novel's. They share more with the movie's than the actual PS1/PS2 games ... so check them out IF you enjoyed/understood the movie angle.

what!? they follow the games closely, im talking about the SD Perry novels, not those other 2. those are wank quite frankly.

TheWalkingDude
31-Aug-2006, 08:32 PM
No it wasnt that one. It was from one of the collections though but it was more on an island and the zombies was caused by some space worms that went into the brains of the dead. I know sounds dumb but it was kinda good.

wiltsu16
31-Aug-2006, 10:10 PM
I readed autumn and it was so great! it was very easy to read (Im Finnish), it was pretty scary too though :p

Danny
31-Aug-2006, 10:11 PM

yeah s.d perrys resi novels rock ive got 3, resident evil code veroinca, caliban cove (i said CALIBAN!, just in case the fbi were monitering posts:lol: ) and city of the dead, which is based on resi 2 ,city of the dead is the best and the longest ive had a copy for a few years and allready the pages are faling out from being read to death.

Danny
31-Aug-2006, 10:11 PM
I readed autumn and it was so great! it was very easy to read (Im Finnish), it was pretty scary too though :p

yeah autumn rocks but the seuquels get better each time, and i can also recommend hater and straight to you by the same guy there all good man!

Brubaker
06-Sep-2006, 12:09 AM
What about the Dawn of the Dead novel? How did that compare to the movie?

FoodFight
06-Sep-2006, 04:53 PM
Here's the last required reading list that CrappingBear had for us.

WetWork -Philip Nutman
The Dead - Mark E. Rogers
Dead in the West - Joe R. Lansdale
I Am Legend - Richard Matheson
Mammoth Book of Zombies - ed. Stephen Jones
Stories of the Walking Dead - ed. Peter Haining
Ultimate Zombie - ed. Byron Preiss & John Betancourt.

It's an old list but he hasn't provided us with anything else for quite some time.

DeadJonas190
06-Sep-2006, 06:50 PM
What about the Dawn of the Dead novel? How did that compare to the movie?

It adds some things that arent in the movie, but other than that it pretty much is the movie line for line. It's a good read for the few extras and the version I have has some stills from the movie bound into the middle of the book.

Maitreya
07-Sep-2006, 06:35 AM
Hmmm.. I'm reading Autumn, haven't quite finished it yet, but I've enjoyed it so far...

It sort of reminds me of the Stand... With zombies...

Danny
07-Sep-2006, 06:40 AM
yeah i recommend buying em all he does em cheap all 4 for 30 quid, im reading through AUTUMN:purification right now, i know i sound like im a chewlys gum guy working for moody but there my favourite books right now.:)

Maitreya
07-Sep-2006, 06:45 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm loving it. I think I'll buy the other Autumns and Hater... That one about society falling apart and whatnot also looks pretty good...

TheWalkingDude
07-Sep-2006, 06:50 AM
Whats a quid lol Sorry im American lmao:elol:

Danny
07-Sep-2006, 11:08 AM
the uk version of a buck.:rolleyes:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm loving it. I think I'll buy the other Autumns and Hater... That one about society falling apart and whatnot also looks pretty good...

yeh haters good and surorisingly not mutch like 28 days later. ive also got straight to yoou thats my favourite right now but havent read trust so i cant say owt on that one.