PDA

View Full Version : Towson vs. Maryland.

Bunker65
01-Sep-2006, 01:15 PM
I just have to be the proud Uncle & let everyone know that my niece (Towson Tigers # 24) & her team will be making their national television debut on CSTV (College Sports Television Network) at 5:00pm EST today, Friday September 1st versus the University Of Maryland :D.

My niece has started every game but her first, as a freshman, with the Towson Tigers :). She is the last line of defense. I'm not sure if they are called stoppers or sweepers in soccer (football for our European friends). I know I should know the answer but sadly I don't :lol:.

Kaos
01-Sep-2006, 03:01 PM
I just have to be the proud Uncle & let everyone know that my niece (Towson Tigers # 24) & her team will be making their national television debut on CSTV (College Sports Television Network) at 5:00pm EST today, Friday September 1st versus the University Of Maryland :D.

My niece has started every game but her first, as a freshman, with the Towson Tigers :). She is the last line of defense. I'm not sure if they are called stoppers or sweepers in soccer (football for our European friends). I know I should know the answer but sadly I don't :lol:.

Best wishes to your neice. I went to University of Maryland, and I would like my daughter (6) to attend Towson or St. Mary's.

Since I work for a Maryland system university, her tuition is free.

LouCipherr
01-Sep-2006, 03:45 PM
Awesome! I wish her well. I'm from MD, so maybe I should pay attention to these things. :D

LC

Bunker65
01-Sep-2006, 04:29 PM
Best wishes to your neice. I went to University of Maryland, and I would like my daughter (6) to attend Towson or St. Mary's.

Since I work for a Maryland system university, her tuition is free.

That's always a bonus when the tuition is free :D. My brother got lucky with my niece. She's on a full ride soccer scholorship from Towson :cool:. All those weekend soccer tourney's, traveling, expenses & the time involved paid off.

Awesome! I wish her well. I'm from MD, so maybe I should pay attention to these things. :D

LC

Thanks for the well wishes :). I know she really doesn't need them as she's a very accomplished soccer player but the wishes can never hurt :D.

Just got a note from my niece saying the game was cancelled :(. It it raining there in Maryland now ?? Either that or they are going on the forecast.

Hopefully they get the game re-scheduled on CSTV :D.

Fulcifan91
01-Sep-2006, 09:25 PM
I think there is quite a population of "baltimorons" on here (me being one of them! :D ) . Congrats to your neice, and Im sure my sister will be watching, she is a soccer fanatic.

LouCipherr
01-Sep-2006, 09:44 PM
Just got a note from my niece saying the game was cancelled :(. It it raining there in Maryland now ?? Either that or they are going on the forecast.

Yeah, actually, Maryland is getting slammed by tropical depression Ernesto right now, and the worst is yet to come. We're supposed to end up with 30mph sustained winds by the end of the night with around 4-6 inches of rain. There's gonna be some major flooding tonight. :(

I just got done getting my generator ready to run, just in case. ;)