PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Mayor Dies

Philly_SWAT
02-Sep-2006, 10:58 PM
For those who may be interested, the new mayor if Pitt. has just died after struggling with a rare brain tumor. Interesting, Pittsburgh city law says the City Council President can accept the mayor's office if this happens, which he did. He was installed as Council President as a deal among old timers who couldnt get enough support for themselves. Of course, at the time, they never thought that the mayor was going to die soon. The new mayor is only 26 years old.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06245/718608-53.stm

Danny
03-Sep-2006, 03:42 AM
only 26?,probably a romero fan:lol:

Monrozombi
04-Sep-2006, 02:15 AM
I just got back from Pittsburgh this weekend and apparently the mayor that passed away was well liked and had a lot of motivation to revitalize the city. I was shocked when I heard the mayor was only 26, thats one year older then me, maybe I need to re-evaluate my career choices. My condolences to the former mayor's family

Cody
04-Sep-2006, 04:44 AM
26....you need age to hold office like that

thxleo
04-Sep-2006, 06:04 PM
I just got back from Pittsburgh this weekend and apparently the mayor that passed away was well liked and had a lot of motivation to revitalize the city. I was shocked when I heard the mayor was only 26, thats one year older then me, maybe I need to re-evaluate my career choices. My condolences to the former mayor's family

You forgot to mention that ass wuppin you took in mini golf Matt. Or should I call you Claudio? :D

Monrozombi
04-Sep-2006, 08:20 PM
You forgot to mention that ass wuppin you took in mini golf Matt. Or should I call you Claudio? :D

um, I uh claim shananagans, I was not given the chance to inspect the course prior to playing, um yes thats it

Matt, Claudio call me whatever you want, but I will have my revenge :elol:

thxleo
04-Sep-2006, 09:33 PM
um, I uh claim shananagans, I was not given the chance to inspect the course prior to playing, um yes thats it

Matt, Claudio call me whatever you want, but I will have my revenge :elol:

As The Jesus said in "The Big Lebowski"...bush league pysch-out stuff. Laughable, man!

I will await your return to the course. :cool:

Monrozombi
04-Sep-2006, 10:16 PM
it's on

Debbieangel
05-Sep-2006, 02:32 AM
Yes the Mayor was well liked in Pittsburgh...he went among the people. He would be out shaking hands all the time and one of the things people loved about him was he was trying to get the city cleaned up! In cleaned up I mean cleaned up as in picking up trash getting rid of old houses that are condenmed . I live near Pittsburgh well, about an hour and a half away so, I get Pittsburgh news everyday.
My thoughts and prayers go up for his family and loved ones!
The new Mayor wowwww he is young...let's hope he had a chance to learn from Mayor O'Conner in the 6 months he was in office!