PDA

View Full Version : Things that will be cool about Diary of the Dead.

Mikey
03-Sep-2006, 03:05 PM
I think that because George is kind of branching off, going back to his roots and the beginning of the plauge, this film will have that crazy "what the hell is going on here" feeling that Night did. I kind of the liked that when everyone was trying to figure out what was going on? Is it a space probe, is a chemical, is it God?

I like the docu-drama style.

Things I don't like: College Kids. I don't know, maybe he'll do it right, and I do have faith in George, but college kids and teenagers is too FRIDAY THE 13TH or FREDDY KRUGER for me.

Monrozombi
04-Sep-2006, 02:04 AM
I also feel that the docu-drama style will be something different and can be refreshing. Let me add this to your college age cast thinking,

Who else but young filmmakers or people will be filming in the woods? You won't find many middle aged people out in the woods filming for something unless they're in the film or documentary industry. College age casts do seem to be type cast as young, stupid and horny, but I have the utmost faith in George to do this right

Danny
04-Sep-2006, 03:57 AM
when has a horror film with college kids ever been good?....really i cant think of anything, ash worked at k mart so even though he was about that age he wasnt the college stereotype, odds are its the typical horny drunken college steroetype which leads to zombie fodder early on for some of them.

:shifty: ............:D ....

uttering the immortal words....

"I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!":lol:

Monrozombi
04-Sep-2006, 04:00 AM
when has a horror film with college kids ever been good?....really i cant think of anything, ash worked at k mart so even though he was about that age he wasnt the college stereotype, odds are its the typical horny drunken college steroetype which leads to zombie fodder early on for some of them.

:shifty: ............:D ....

uttering the immortal words....

"I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!":lol:

hey hey hey, noone asked you to burst my Romero bubble, let me live there in peace:p

I just have faith in George to do this in a way that isn't just stereotypical, but if he does, hopefully they will die gruesome deaths

Fulcifan91
04-Sep-2006, 03:03 PM
I totally agree with you Monrozombi, I think George knows what the fans want, and he'll deliver it to us correctly.

Danny
05-Sep-2006, 04:17 PM
hey hey hey, noone asked you to burst my Romero bubble, let me live there in peace:p

I just have faith in George to do this in a way that isn't just stereotypical, but if he does, hopefully they will die gruesome deaths

actually i was agreeing with you on the "there usually horny and stupid bit", but unless dj was right and romeros gone senile, then i still have faith ;)

Monrozombi
05-Sep-2006, 10:20 PM
phew, ok good, glad we're on the same page

Think about this, what is George went senile, don't you think that would be something worse seeing in a zombie flick?

Danny
05-Sep-2006, 10:48 PM
ive allready made the joke about country kitchen buffet and matlock so ill just say yes. yes it would:D

TheWalkingDude
06-Sep-2006, 04:51 AM
I think tyhis could be just what the series needs... A Rebirth to catch more fans and also to keep the old fans happy.

AcesandEights
06-Sep-2006, 09:42 AM
I think tyhis could be just what the series needs... A Rebirth to catch more fans and also to keep the old fans happy.

I agree. A reset could work wonders, and getting happier and happier despite initial skepticism.

HLS
06-Sep-2006, 01:00 PM
This is all new news to me. But i think its great! Go george!

kidgloves
16-Sep-2006, 05:13 PM
I must admit im pretty excited about this project.

Any GAR zombie movie is a good thing (yes i like Land and still do).
The fact that Romero is making another one outside the franchise so quickly implies that he wasn't overly happy with Land and still has something to say.
No major studio involved and its a return to the guerrilla style of movie making that i think everyone agrees brings out the best in a filmaker when he knows that he doesn't have the budget to cover the mistakes etc.
Its a POV style production which if done well scares the crap out of the audience ie you have to use your imagination.
I applaud George moving with the times and using modern technology in he's script as, like it or not, thats the way the world is today and communication and transfer of information ,to me, will enhance the sense of a global outbreak.
I still have a lot of faith in the old dog and remember we had to wait 20 years for the last one. :D

EvilNed
16-Sep-2006, 05:37 PM
Pete... Doherty...

AcesandEights
17-Sep-2006, 01:37 AM
Pete... Doherty...

So, you're saying Pete Doherty's probable involvement is going to be one of the cool things about Diary? :rockbrow:

Or just trying to rain negativity on the thread? :p

jdog
17-Sep-2006, 01:58 AM
personaly i cant wait for this movie because any new gar movie is a big deal to me. i just hope it kicks ass.

EvilNed
17-Sep-2006, 11:33 AM
So, you're saying Pete Doherty's probable involvement is going to be one of the cool things about Diary? :rockbrow:

Or just trying to rain negativity on the thread? :p

Let's just say that this project is now floating in limbo between potentially good and horribly bad.

kidgloves
17-Sep-2006, 06:19 PM
Let's just say that this project is now floating in limbo between potentially good and horribly bad.

Based on what?

A choice of soundtrack artist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EvilNed
17-Sep-2006, 07:08 PM
Based on what?

A choice of soundtrack artist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes. A soundtrack tells us alot about the film.

kidgloves
17-Sep-2006, 08:18 PM
Yes. A soundtrack tells us alot about the film.

Ok.
So, aside from what you've read in the tabloids, tell me what you know about Pete Doherty.

EvilNed
21-Sep-2006, 10:38 PM
Ok.
So, aside from what you've read in the tabloids, tell me what you know about Pete Doherty.

You know that stuff about him showing up drugged at every damn concert? It's not false.

My friends saw him down at a festival this summer and he arrived 3 hours late, completly stoned and he collapsed half-way through the act. Non-surprisingly the little dip**** tested positive for cocaine or heroine or whatever it is he was high on at the time.

The guy is a ****ing nutjob and he refuses all the help people give him. Get rid of him, I say.