PDA

View Full Version : The good things in life....

LoSTBoY
04-Sep-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm stealing this from another forum, but I'm interested in what you guys think are the little things in life that makes it all worthwhile.

Here is some of my top ones:

A clean cold pint of good beer. Either chilling a large bottle of Leffe and pouring it myself or finding a pub which serves Leffe in the round half pint glasses.
Looking forward to a night out/BBQ/Fishing trip/Get together with all the lads.
Feeling content with friends, listening to music, watching a movie, going to the pub.
Having money in my pocket.
Getting that look from a lady.
Listening to The Doors.
Listening to the MP3 player and a song comes on that totally suites the situation that you just have to smile.
Rain on the window and soft thunder while falling asleep.
Staring at the full moon with this effect:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/pix/josh3/MoonRing-m.jpg

I watched this till dawn one night.

Adrenochrome
04-Sep-2006, 06:48 PM
Here are a few that come to mind at the moment:

Giggling babies. (Pure innocence: that always helps me forget the crap going on in the world)

I agree on the pint, but, make mine a Chimay. :)

Waking up to a beautiful sunrise, sitting on my dock, staring out at the Lake and cranking up a "sound-board" recording of one of my many Grateful Dead concerts I've collected over the years. (bowl and coffee at my side, of course)

Fireworks!!!

Driving to the supermarket while switching stations on the radio and catching a song I haven't heard in 20 years.

Picking the first tomato out of my garden and eating it right there on the spot!

Watching a ladybug crawl across my windshield while sitting at a traffic light.

Dreaming.

LoSTBoY
05-Sep-2006, 12:58 PM
Watching a ladybug crawl across my windshield while sitting at a traffic light.

Strange, but nice. :)

Danny
05-Sep-2006, 03:54 PM
sitting down on a bench in the city and seeing how everyone else is pissed and rushing in the hustle and bustle but its a bright sunny day.

being the only person on the bus who doesnt pull out there "sweet fliptrick camera phone" to film a car wreck were passing.

sausage butties with lots of ketchup

bonfire night

the moon in general...the suns to smug for my liking.

erisi236
05-Sep-2006, 07:36 PM
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

That's what's good in life. :)

zombiegirl
05-Sep-2006, 09:04 PM
Watching my kids laugh and giggle with delight.
Being held by my hubby.
The smell of warm rain and fresh mowed grass.
A bubble bath mixed with a good book, candles, and a glass of red wine.
Watching a horror movie for the first time that can actually scare me. :D

LoSTBoY
05-Sep-2006, 09:12 PM
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

So..do you like to known as Conan the Barbarian or Conan the destroyer? :lol:

MinionZombie
05-Sep-2006, 09:53 PM
*Watching a movie for the first time, the sort of movie that just blows you away.

*First kiss.

*Getting back from school on a Friday and having the whole weekend ahead of you.

*Going to bed and knowing you can sleep in, especially after having had a long day.

*Going back to bed after having had a slash/or even just waking up for a moment, when still in a dozy stupor.

*Ditto on the rain when going to sleep.

*Pissing it down with rain, but you're inside a car all dry and cosy ... especially just after crossing the Scottish border.

*Holding a wodge of notes in your hands (money), and rubbing it back and forth, mainly when you're young and you've just earned your first legit cash from a job.

*A gentle breeze blowing through the trees on a mild day.

*Cuddling a girl ... it's just really nice ... yes, I've gone all soft on you lot...

*Standing tall amongst a crowd.

*Losing weight from not really doing anything.

*That cleaned out, light feeling you get after squitting your guts out into the bowl, ewww...(but twice in the last few days for me, haha).

*Just washed hair, towel dried.

*Rubbing the back of your head/neck after having a short, back & sides and feeling the hair bristle without getting messed up ... and likewise having a haircut after a long time and feeling your head all light and airy.

*The relief you feel after passing a life hurdle - some tough exams, going to uni, passing a driving test etc...

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

MissJacksonCA
01-Jun-2007, 11:15 PM
Warm towels after a shower...

Swimming in the rain which makes the water feel all warm...

Spending time with someone who gives me butterflies and renders me speechless every time I see him and then doing something together that most people wouldn't do... like going to a car dealership and sitting in the backseat together and pretending to get it on ... I mean thats essential in a new car right?

Cliff diving... that feeling of not wanting to do actually risk my life and my ability to walk and then saying fuggit and just going... I guess its adrenaline ... its wonderful

Opening the door for a person who says thanks... thats one great feeling

Falling asleep to a thunder storm...

Jogging in the rain... with your muscles all tight, the air sweet, feeling lightheaded... its like every cell in your body was just revitalized with a bath from God

The smell of the Pacific ocean around Big Sur... its salty and the best smell ever

Hearing the noises of bugs at night in Ohio as I go to bed... like locusts and grasshoppers i'm thinking

Those are just a short list... the good things in life are infinite =)

Terran
02-Jun-2007, 12:03 AM

Crap you beat me to saying that!

But I was going to say it without the smilie cause I would have been serious

AcesandEights
02-Jun-2007, 12:05 AM
Crap you beat me to saying that!

Yup, and he only beat you by about 9 months. What's with all the thread necromancy? Someone trying to bump up their post count? :skull:

Terran
02-Jun-2007, 12:07 AM
Oh wowza! your right!

Bongholio
02-Jun-2007, 01:12 PM
"What's with all the thread necromancy"

too many idiotic post's from the "gang of four"
not worth posting in perhaps
man,...so far downhill in little over a years time

Tricky
02-Jun-2007, 01:56 PM
*Sitting out on the grass on a hot summers day with the hum of a light aircraft above,birds singing & the smell of freshly cut grass

*doing the above with a lady

*what MZ said about the cuddling,i agree,its mint,blates

*sat in a tent during a thunderstorm in summer,dont know why but its just a really good feeling

*Finding out that a girl you have a massive crush on feels the same about you

*Having a deep conversation with a bunch of mates over a few beers,im talking meaning of life/cure the worlds problems style stuff at 3 in the morning

*reminiscing about childhood,the dens you built,local myths you were scared of at the time,spooky places you explored etc.Even better when you re-visit those places as an adult,you get a wash of mixed emotions,some sad because you want those days back,but at the same time it makes you smile,especially when the remains of your den are still there or you & your friends initials are still carved into a nearby tree

*finally getting your hands on that thing you've wanted & saved up for for months/years

*the feeling on christmas day when you spend it with family (as long as your family get along of course)

il think of loads more later!

Chic Freak
02-Jun-2007, 02:42 PM
I like these ones:

Rain on the window and soft thunder while falling asleep.

the moon in general...the suns to smug for my liking.

A bubble bath mixed with a good book, candles, and a glass of red wine.

*Watching a movie for the first time, the sort of movie that just blows you away.

I just watched American History X for the first time the other day... wow!

*Pissing it down with rain, but you're inside a car all dry and cosy ...

*Losing weight from not really doing anything.

I've lost 5 lb recently despite sinking a stupid amount of booze and food in the Lake District last weekend :)

*Rubbing the back of your head/neck after having a short, back & sides and feeling the hair bristle without getting messed up ... and likewise having a haircut after a long time and feeling your head all light and airy.

I used to shave an undercut into the back of my head, pretty much just so I could rub it :P

*The relief you feel after passing a life hurdle - some tough exams, going to uni, passing a driving test etc...

I just finished my degree last Friday. Woo to the motherf*cking hoo.

Warm towels after a shower...

Falling asleep to a thunder storm...

*the feeling on christmas day when you spend it with family (as long as your family get along of course)

I started to really appreciate Christmas with m family after I left home :)

My ones to add:

* Cooking a nice meal that's also healthy so you can eat as much as you want without worrying :p I'm making chinese tonight.

* New and completely frivolous shoes

* New and completely frivolous underwear

* Going somewhere new

* A nice cup of tea when you're really gasping for one

* That nice springtime smell in the air on a warm day

* Good comedies, whether they be TV, film or book!

MissJacksonCA
02-Jun-2007, 07:30 PM
On a website where we salute zombie films I think its okay to bring back the dead posts! Besides I haven't seen half of them before and they're spiffy...