PDA

View Full Version : Still trying to stump you all!

Debbieangel
09-Sep-2006, 12:44 AM
OK another movie..."Dolls" its a 80's movie.
These people get stuck at this old house of 2 old dollmakers.
Only the dolls are these little tiny (they look like trolls) things...that attack those that are bad and dont have any "inner child" in them.
Sound familiar?
OOH one more movie...science fiction.."The Day After" Jason Robard is in this one!
Two movies tell me if you have seen them?

Eyebiter
09-Sep-2006, 12:51 AM
Haven't seen 'Dolls'.

According to IMDB 100 Million Americans watched 'The Day After' on ABC the evening of November 20, 1983. It was a major event.

Arcades057
09-Sep-2006, 12:52 AM
Is "the Day After" the one about the nuclear war with John Lithgow and Steven Guttenberg in it? If so, I have that one on DVD. Pretty good movie for it's time. Hokey effects, but what did I expect.

Pick up "By Dawn's Early Light." Another good one.

Eyebiter
09-Sep-2006, 01:08 AM
Another UK nuclear war movie from 1983 is 'Threads'

Adrenochrome
09-Sep-2006, 01:35 AM
Hey Debbs....do you remember KILLDOZER? starring a very young Robert Urich? ( his death scene is CLASSIC!!)

and now I have a Q:

There's an old sci fi flick deep in my memory....
British, maybe...
These folks find a "big black thing buried under a shop" I think is how it goes. There are these huge bug things they find. They sound like Cicadas. I saw this when I was....oh, maybe 10....any clue?
(I do remember the movie drags on forever until they finaly break through the hull of this big black ufo thing)

Debbieangel
09-Sep-2006, 01:42 AM
Is "the Day After" the one about the nuclear war with John Lithgow and Steven Guttenberg in it? If so, I have that one on DVD. Pretty good movie for it's time. Hokey effects, but what did I expect.

Pick up "By Dawn's Early Light." Another good one.

Stacey Keach? yes I have that one...real good one.

Another UK nuclear war movie from 1983 is 'Threads'

yep, got that one too!...good one!

Hey Debbs....do you remember KILLDOZER? starring a very young Robert Urich? ( his death scene is CLASSIC!!)

and now I have a Q:

There's an old sci fi flick deep in my memory....
British, maybe...
These folks find a "big black thing buried under a shop" I think is how it goes. There are these huge bug things they find. They sound like Cicadas. I saw this when I was....oh, maybe 10....any clue?
(I do remember the movie drags on forever until they finaly break through the hull of this big black ufo thing)
Yep I remember KILLDOZER?? EXCELLENT !!!
The other movie I am not sure of, I should know it, I used to go to my best friends house every saturday night and stay and we would watch those old movies all evening until 3 in the morning(she had that channel and I didnt it was before cable came on the hill). But daggone Andreno YOU stumped me!!
I remember that movie vaguely but just cant remember it! DANG!!

HLS
09-Sep-2006, 01:54 AM
Sounds like The Puppetmaster?

Adrenochrome
09-Sep-2006, 01:56 AM
YOU stumped me!!
I remember that movie vaguely but just cant remember it! DANG!!
I've had a hard time tracking down this flick.
All I rember is, it took FOREVER for these guys to break through the hull of this "black thing". (maybe found in the basement of an old English newspaper)
Once they did, all these BIG cicada things started jumping around.

hey , HLS: what's with that puppet master crap? no.

GRMonLI
09-Sep-2006, 03:28 AM
I've had a hard time tracking down this flick.
All I rember is, it took FOREVER for these guys to break through the hull of this "black thing". (maybe found in the basement of an old English newspaper)
Once they did, all these BIG cicada things started jumping around.

It is an English film called "Quatermass and the Pit" or "Five Million Years to Earth" in America.

Great film, I love how they tie together the aliens and poltergeists.

IMDB: [URL="http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0062168/"]/URL]

Adrenochrome
09-Sep-2006, 11:30 AM
It is an English film called "Quatermass and the Pit" or "Five Million Years to Earth" in America.

Great film, I love how they tie together the aliens and poltergeists.

IMDB: [URL="http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0062168/"]/URL]

That's it!!! Thanks!!!:D :D :D

Philly_SWAT
09-Sep-2006, 02:39 PM
OOH one more movie...science fiction.."The Day After" Jason Robard is in this one!
Two movies tell me if you have seen them?
According to IMDB 100 Million Americans watched 'The Day After' on ABC the evening of November 20, 1983. It was a major event.Here's another "stump the board" movie...anyone seen this movie about a boat hitting an iceberg and sinking? Leonardo DeCaprio is in it. I think its called Titanic.

GRMonLI
09-Sep-2006, 04:28 PM
That's it!!! Thanks!!!:D :D :D

My pleasure....glad to be of service. :D

TheWalkingDude
09-Sep-2006, 04:59 PM
Havent seen dolls but i do own the dvd of The Day After. Just loved that movie even though it was pretty light on what would really happen if any of that did come to be.:skull: