PDA

View Full Version : W...t...f...?

Arcades057
14-Sep-2006, 12:22 AM
Here's something for the people...

WASHINGTON - Nonlethal weapons such as high-power microwave devices should be used on American citizens in crowd-control situations before they are used on the battlefield, the Air Force secretary said Tuesday.

Domestic use would make it easier to avoid questions in the international community over any possible safety concerns, said Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne.

"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation," said Wynne.

"(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press."

The Air Force has funded research into nonlethal weapons, but he said the service isn't likely to spend more money on development until injury issues are reviewed by medical experts and resolved.

Nonlethal weapons can weaken people if they are hit with the beam.

Some of the weapons can emit short, intense energy pulses that also disable some electronic devices.

So we should possibly mess up our own people first then? I've wondered about the treatment "over there" for a while; it seems that we can now do worse to American citizens than we can to our enemies. These facts should be on the frontpage every... day... until that changes.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Sep-2006, 01:03 AM
Ummm, isn't that already going on in the form of a republican controlled congress, senate and white house. WTF is the difference?

Arcades057
14-Sep-2006, 01:04 AM
Just as it was under the Clinton admin. and others. Nothing new really, just a little messed up that our enemies lives are valued more than our own. Kind of makes me wonder where our "leaders'" heads are...

Eyebiter
14-Sep-2006, 02:06 AM
This kind of research has been going on for years. Low frequency sounds that can make an entire crowd crap their pants, lasers that burn off the top layer of the skin - with massive pain but minimal damage, blinding energy weapons, vomit gas that will disable an entire crowd in seconds.

Some research in chemicals has been banned by the various Geneva conventions. Since then the government has worked on directed energy weapons of various types.

Wooley
14-Sep-2006, 06:20 AM
Things like this convince me that either A, we will see a second Revolution/Civil War in this country as people get sick of the seemingly increasing government control over our lives, or B, George Orwell was right and the vision of the future is of a human face with a jack boot stamping on it forever.

Chakobsa
14-Sep-2006, 09:00 PM
The thing about so called non-lethal weapons systems like this is that the "non-lethal" tag makes a great selling point. Our beloved leaders will see that the dictators of the failed states that they use as proxies will buy and then deploy the weapons against anybody who pisses them off. The beauty of it is that when questions are asked about the poor oppressed people in whatever deplorable banana republic the thing gets used in they can say " Hey look, we care about our people, non-lethal y'see? nobody here is being oppressed, it's not like we're mowing them down with assault rifles...".
You don't have to use medieval instuments to torture people, neither do you need slaughter to cow a population.:|

Things like this convince me that either A, we will see a second Revolution/Civil War in this country as people get sick of the seemingly increasing government control over our lives, or B, George Orwell was right and the vision of the future is of a human face with a jack boot stamping on it forever.

"That government is best which governs least". I forget who said that but that's pretty much where I stand. In my view government should protect the people and their property from force and coercion and ensure that trade is equitable.They have no business poking their grubby fingers into our lives.

Khardis
15-Sep-2006, 03:36 PM
Just as it was under the Clinton admin. and others. Nothing new really, just a little messed up that our enemies lives are valued more than our own. Kind of makes me wonder where our "leaders'" heads are...

Thank the hard core leftist fringe who impose thier politically correct think-control on the country. Thats where this kind of an idea originates.

HLS
16-Sep-2006, 11:55 AM
Here's something for the people...

So we should possibly mess up our own people first then? I've wondered about the treatment "over there" for a while; it seems that we can now do worse to American citizens than we can to our enemies. These facts should be on the frontpage every... day... until that changes.

god, reminds me of the x-file episode where inhalers were poisioned and was going to be distributed to americans.

Arcades057
16-Sep-2006, 03:21 PM
I just saw that one. Then Mulder inhaled it and went crazy for a little while. Good episode.

HLS
16-Sep-2006, 03:46 PM
I just saw that one. Then Mulder inhaled it and went crazy for a little while. Good episode.

I miss the show. It was awesome! They should make another movie