PDA

View Full Version : Ipods- worth the money?

Murdermouth
15-Sep-2006, 01:52 PM
I have owned multiple Ipods. From a 2nd gen 20 gig, to a shuffle to a nano to the 60 gig I bought a month ago. They're all crap that i've ended up selling on ebay. Aside from a few software glitches in the early ones theres no one thing i'd point out, but they sure as hell are not worth the money you are paying for them.

It would seem to me that you can find much better MP3 units for far less money. All you are doing is paying a ****load of cash for those little white earbuds so that everybody around you ( especially people looking to rob you ) know that you have an IPOD. WTF?

Much the same can be said ( in my area at the very least ) ofmac laptops. Sure Macs are supier in many ways, but often I'll see people sitting in coffee shops who open their laptop when the get there, their friends arrive and hours later when they leave they close the laptop, never having touched the damned thing!!! Its simply a display piece, a status symbol.

Another part of the EMO-ization that has overcome america.:mad:

What do you think?

Geophyrd
15-Sep-2006, 02:27 PM
I actually posted a longish post in a thread down below about this very topic. The short answer is that they're very much worth the money IMHO. I've a number of friends who have other mp3 players who have seen mine and what I do with it and they've gone out and bought IPODs and report similar happy experiences.

I don't know how to do a link to a thread elsewhere in the forum, but if you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to figure it out.

Cykotic
15-Sep-2006, 02:34 PM
When it comes to IPods, you are simply paying for the Apple logo. it's that simple.

p2501
15-Sep-2006, 02:54 PM
completely disagree. the two other MP3 players i've had were just ass. they took forever to load, and required propritary software that was useless for anything else.

for me the ipod is flat out perfect. they're priced well, perform excellently, do everything i need them to.

AcesandEights
15-Sep-2006, 10:01 PM
I've been extremely happy with iPod, and--in the end--that's how I judge the worth of the product.

Cody
15-Sep-2006, 10:42 PM
works great with the 360

Maitreya
16-Sep-2006, 01:30 AM
To answer the initial question posed: Yes, they're worth every ****ing cent of it.

Eyebiter
16-Sep-2006, 11:28 AM
Notice there are many 3rd party MP3 players starting to show up. Hopefully the IPOD prices will fall as a result.

Exatreides
16-Sep-2006, 01:23 PM
Waiting for the "Zune" my self.

general tbag
16-Sep-2006, 07:59 PM
IPods:lol: :lol: :lol:

Im sorry but myself i had a mp3/movie portable device many moons before the first ipod ever shipped. The ipod is what eggo waffles were to pancakes. instant. From a technical stand point it just a portable hard drive, i rather just build my own music/video player with more features and larger capacity with off the shelf parts.

p2501
16-Sep-2006, 09:04 PM
Notice there are many 3rd party MP3 players starting to show up. Hopefully the IPOD prices will fall as a result.

from what i've seen, the new wave of ipods are alot mor einline with where the rest of the market is. the new 8gig nano is particularly worthwhile