PDA

View Full Version : PLANE DEAD - Yes, there is a film about Zombies on a Plane

DjfunkmasterG
17-Sep-2006, 06:27 PM
http://www.imageworksentertainment.com/moves/PLANE_DEAD_512K.wmv

Found this off horror-movies.ca

I am in shock as what to say. it looks stupid, but the trailer was kinda cool. :lol:

official Site
http://www.plane-dead.com/

TripleRex
17-Sep-2006, 06:35 PM
That's got to be a straight to DVD movie. Never heard of it. Might be silly, but it can't possibly be worse than Contagium.

jim102016
17-Sep-2006, 06:43 PM
Wow, that trailer looks better than all of Contagium! Is it coming to the movies? I wonder if they just ripped off the idea from the snakes or some actual thought was behind it. Great way to spread the plaque....if there is anyone left to land the plane!

DjfunkmasterG
17-Sep-2006, 06:47 PM
I dunno, but I am just gonna call it ZOMBIES on a PLANE... screw PLANE DEAD!

Z.O.A.P is how I will always see this movie. :lol:

jim102016
17-Sep-2006, 06:48 PM
Here's a description....

http://www.imageworksentertainment.com/PlaneDead.htm

DjfunkmasterG
17-Sep-2006, 06:53 PM
I have to go see this. This look utterly Grade Z level cheesy and I like it already. :D

EvilNed
17-Sep-2006, 06:57 PM
It'll probably suck, but maybe it will be fun.

MikePizzoff
17-Sep-2006, 08:04 PM
I was just recently wondering how long it would take for someone to go with this idea after SOAP. The trailer was surprisingly decent. Can't wait for this one!!

MinionZombie
17-Sep-2006, 08:06 PM
:lol:

Somebody had to have rushed that idea through after hearing about Snakes on a Plane...I can see it now *deep breath*

"I've had it with these motherf*cking zombies on this motherf*cking plane!"

I do like the idea of a zombie outbreak on a plane though, if only for the inescable nature of the situation. Even Neil Marshall's potential film about zombies on an oilrig still allows you to grab a boat or get airlifted away...

Straight to DVD, blatantly...might be good for a laugh though.

Adrenochrome
17-Sep-2006, 09:34 PM
oh my! I just came a little...
That REEKED of pure Limburger Cheese!!!!!!
I can't wait to see this gem!

Andy
17-Sep-2006, 09:40 PM

id see a doctor about that if i were you :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
17-Sep-2006, 09:40 PM
I can't wait to see this gem!

Me either... I love the song in the trailer too. however, this just screams VELVEETA to the max and I am dying to see this. Probably a direct to DVD release, but if does go limited theatrical I will be finding a theater to see this in.

ZOMBIES on a PLANE (Plane Dead) Coming Soon! :D

Adrenochrome
17-Sep-2006, 09:43 PM
Me either... I love the song in the trailer too. however, this just screams VELVEETA to the max and I am dying to see this. Probably a direct to DVD release, but if does go limited theatrical I will be finding a theater to see this in.

ZOMBIES on a PLANE (Plane Dead) Coming Soon! :D

Enough is enough! I have had it with these Mutha F*cking Zombies on this Mutha F*cking plane!!!"

DjfunkmasterG
17-Sep-2006, 09:45 PM
Enough is enough! I have had it with these Mutha F*cking Zombies on this Mutha F*cking plane!!!"

if there was ever a film to PIMP this would be the one. You can't ask for somethig this corny it is like a B horror film fans wet dream. There is only one problem.

No Samuel L. Jackson :(

Adrenochrome
17-Sep-2006, 09:48 PM
if there was ever a film to PIMP this would be the one. You can't ask for somethig this corny it is like a B horror film fans wet dream. There is only one problem.

No Samuel L. Jackson :(

yep!
I've already emailed all of my MST3K buddies with the link to the trailer!:D

DjfunkmasterG
17-Sep-2006, 09:52 PM
yep!
I've already emailed all of my MST3K buddies with the link to the trailer!:D

This would be great MST3K material. I would love to see that, but again sadly can't. Still I have sent the trailer link to all 200+ extras in my film via email. I said to them... You have to see this if only for the cheese factor alone.

I scream, You Scream, we all Scream for Zombies... On a Plane!

jdog
18-Sep-2006, 02:33 AM
looks like it would be worth a view if only for cheese factor alone

Adrenochrome
18-Sep-2006, 02:39 AM
looks like it would be worth a view if only for cheese factor alone

yup, and I'll be packin' chips for dippin' heheh

DeadJonas190
18-Sep-2006, 03:25 AM
Eh, there goes my idea for a story. I'm sure that I am not the first one to have thought of it, but now if I actually finish what I started writing a few years ago I will be called a rip off!

I didn't watch the trailer yet, but my idea consisted of a person who had been bitten while en route to the air port and how they slowly became a zombie during an international flight to Paris. When the plane landed, the pilots had locked themselves in the cabin and radioed for help as a strange "sickness" had overcome the passengers. They tried to send in a quarantine team which was overpowered from the large plane full of zombies, and then they exited the plane and into the airport. Any of you who have been to Charles de Gaulle airport just outside of Paris know how huge and full of people this air port is so just imagine the chaos of having a jumbo jet full of 150+ zombies emptying into the air port.

Anyway, now that my idea seems to be made into a movie, no need to finish it.

::Edit::

Ok, I just watched the trailer. Wow, that looks like a fun movie. Pure cheese, but ilt reeks of awesomeness.

Adrenochrome
18-Sep-2006, 04:07 AM
id see a doctor about that if i were you :lol:

Hehehe, no no....I meant the clip of the trailer is what reeked of the cheese :D:lol: :D :lol:
But, after I read your response, I spewed cranberry juice all over my keyboard. Damn, I go through more keyboards in this forum!:p

Maitreya
18-Sep-2006, 07:15 AM
Amazing...

It's amazing...

I can die happy now.

xopher
18-Sep-2006, 09:10 AM
DJ FunkmasterG: What IS that song in the trailer? I have heard it a couple of other places, like the "covenant" trailer, and it sounds like a the rock band Skillet, but I've not heard that song before. Do you know who it is?
ThanX!

AcesandEights
18-Sep-2006, 09:20 AM
Put me down for a viewing.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2006, 09:23 AM
DJ FunkmasterG: What IS that song in the trailer? I have heard it a couple of other places, like the "covenant" trailer, and it sounds like a the rock band Skillet, but I've not heard that song before. Do you know who it is?
ThanX!

No Idea, but I emailed the people at Image Works and asked. Hopefully they email me back.

I watched the trailer again last night and I realized something... This is an indie film, much like Contagium was/is whatever. I think the trailer we saw is just that... A trailer and that footage will not be in the movie at all. I read they are going to shop this at AFM when they complete it. So I bet in order to get financing for the film in the first place they made a trailer to help garner some attention. I think this trailer is what helped get the film made.

No biggie though because the trailer still made it look like fun.

DeadCentral
18-Sep-2006, 09:35 AM
Oh with the likes of Kevin J O'Connor in it ...it should be a blast... you know he's the comic relief..Joey-Deep Rising, Benny- The Mummy, Igor-Van Helsing, and how many more flicks that I can't remember that he's in...
His whiny voice , come on ....it'll be a hoot....:rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2006, 10:27 AM
Oh with the likes of Kevin J O'Connor in it ...it should be a blast... you know he's the comic relief..Joey-Deep Rising, Benny- The Mummy, Igor-Van Helsing, and how many more flicks that I can't remember that he's in...
His whiny voice , come on ....it'll be a hoot....:rolleyes:

Did he play "Benny" in The Mummy (1999)?

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2006, 11:45 AM
Did he play "Benny" in The Mummy (1999)?

:lol: Dude ... he just said it was the same guy. :D Are you drunk this morning or something? :barf:

ssbib
18-Sep-2006, 12:01 PM
That's got to be a straight to DVD movie. Never heard of it. Might be silly, but it can't possibly be worse than Contagium.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780583/

Heres the IMDB for it. I thought it might've been a spoof at first but doesn't appear that way. I never saw Contagium, was it REALLY that bad. Someone tell me, what made it so ****e?

Fulcifan91
18-Sep-2006, 02:45 PM
I liked the trailer but, i really disliked the music for it (sorry DJ)

-Scott

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2006, 06:04 PM
:lol: Dude ... he just said it was the same guy. :D Are you drunk this morning or something? :barf:

Cut me some slack... It was 6:15 in the morning when I made that reply.

Tullaryx
18-Sep-2006, 06:14 PM
Hold the phone... Neil Marshall has a zombie movie on an oil-rig about to happen?

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2006, 07:32 PM
Hold the phone... Neil Marshall has a zombie movie on an oil-rig about to happen?

Zombies on an oil rig doesn't have quite the same flare as Zombies on a Plane, and to be honest I wouldn't be too interested in watching a film about Zombies on an Oil Rig... Zombies on a plane however has endless possibilities for the imagination.

Just think that plane can never land, or be shot down for risk of spreading the virus.

Blow up an oil rig... big deal... They're so isolate the virus has really nowhere to go anyway.

Maitreya
19-Sep-2006, 06:53 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780583/

Heres the IMDB for it. I thought it might've been a spoof at first but doesn't appear that way. I never saw Contagium, was it REALLY that bad. Someone tell me, what made it so ****e?

Yea, it really is that bad.

Like, don't even watch it because you're curious. It's like, that bad. You will want however long that piece of **** movie lasted back.

I almost fell asleep within the first half hour of it, I wish I would have stayed that way. Not watching it is like dodging a fatal bullet to your nutsack. I **** you not.

xopher
19-Sep-2006, 07:23 AM
"Not watching it is like dodging a fatal bullet to your nutsack. I **** you not."

That's awesome :-D

MinionZombie
19-Sep-2006, 10:03 AM
But zombies on a plane don't really have 'anywhere to go' either.

Tull - it's at the script stage only at the moment, last time I heard. Originally it was supposed to be his project after Dog Soldiers, but the process was taking too long and he had the script for The Descent, which could be done faster and smaller, so he did that first. I'm crossing fingers that he does zombies on an oilrig next (I think it might be called "Outpost", but probably not...not sure).

When I first heard about it, I thought "how friggin' cool does that movie sound?!" - hopefully it'll work out what with zombies being "in" at the moment...

Dj, what the heck you doing up at 6am?! All-night pool club? Yeah...I know the feeling...ah University... :):D

DjfunkmasterG
19-Sep-2006, 10:08 AM
But zombies on a plane don't really have 'anywhere to go' either.

Tull - it's at the script stage only at the moment, last time I heard. Originally it was supposed to be his project after Dog Soldiers, but the process was taking too long and he had the script for The Descent, which could be done faster and smaller, so he did that first. I'm crossing fingers that he does zombies on an oilrig next (I think it might be called "Outpost", but probably not...not sure).

When I first heard about it, I thought "how friggin' cool does that movie sound?!" - hopefully it'll work out what with zombies being "in" at the moment...

Dj, what the heck you doing up at 6am?! All-night pool club? Yeah...I know the feeling...ah University... :):D
Called work my good man. I get up @ 4:45am-5:00am so I can be to work by 6am and out of work by 2pm.:D I am not your typical 9-5 person.

Well you would have to blow up the plane somewhere over the ocean, or it is possible for it to crash land in a heavy populated area. If that happens the virus spreads and you have a zombie outbreak.

If you blow the plane up over the ocean problem solved (maybe) and end of story. If the plane crashes on land in a city... Armageddon is a coming.

Zombies on an oil rig... Big deal. as long as no one gets off, which they won't who gives a crap about zombies on an oil rig.

MinionZombie
19-Sep-2006, 10:22 AM
lol, the balance of the universe is once again established ... like you, my days a skewed a few hours away from "normal" people ... although I'm the opposite to you. Get up around 10am-ish and go to bed around 1am, sometimes later.

If I have to get up then *sigh* I get up after 15 minutes of music blaring away, like yesterday, had to get up at 7:30 to get to the barber's (was expecting a fat ass queue, but they had two new staff in so I was in and out in 30 minutes!) ... have to do the same for morning meetings and whatnot.

I prefer to skew my days later though, I'm a night owl ... I could never be an office worker, so getting into the media (currently videography) industry is ideal for me, no defined period of work times and always varied...noiiice.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Sep-2006, 11:20 AM
I prefer to skew my days later though, I'm a night owl ... I could never be an office worker, so getting into the media (currently videography) industry is ideal for me, no defined period of work times and always varied...noiiice.

But never a steady paycheck. Thats the only thing keeping me from doing the video/film thing fulltime. My job paid for DEADLANDS, and if I want to continue to make films and keep myself in the lifestyle I have grown accustom too, then I need this pay check.

I was a nite owl like you in my DJ's days. Staying up late watching B horror flicks like PLANE DEAD (older 80's stuff, but still zed films) then one day it finally came to an end. I was tired of dealing with obnoxious dancers (I dj'd at a strip club), was sick of driving 110 miles roundtrip to the club... The money was good though. I finally said screw it one day and took off my head phones and got myself a regular job.

Now here I sit, at a regular job, making my own amateur film, surfing the web in my free time finding cheesy flicks like this soon to be released kick ass zombie film (PLANE DEAD), all the time wishing... I still had my headphones on. However, when tthe urge comes up for me to want to Dj again... I just think about those obnoxious women I worked with and all the BS I put up with for god knows how many years.

No thanks. I will keep my fat ass right here. Posting on HPOTD, and waiting for more zed flicks to hit the DVD shelves. :D To me that is "My Blue Heaven"

MinionZombie
19-Sep-2006, 06:04 PM
Well, to each their own I guess...

Indeed, the money is an issue, but being the stubborn Scot that I am I ain't givin' up without a fight. :D Or I'll find myself some rich lass and marry her ... then if she's a bitch, organise an elaborate assassination scheme at the old mill down the street. :elol:

I remember when I was a kid I'd be up at 7am on weekends for the cartoons and be in bed by 10pm ... lol, that was a long time ago :D, I've since grown into one of those 20-somethings who really need their sleep (or at the very least, just REALLY REALLY WANT it ... as well as a decent kip! ;))

Ah well, I'm going to enjoy my 20s where I can afford to be loose with the situation and then I'll tie myself down should the need arise in my 30s (in which case hopefully there'll be a hot piece of ass to come home to ... and no office job, I don't "do" ties :D).

Oop, the incredibly poorly written, awfully edited "Hollyoaks" is on E4 ... and for some reason I'm compelled to continue watching this sack of crap ever since I picked it up when Bombhead was looking after his rotting corpse of a mother in their house back in 2004 ... that'll mean nothing to you I'm sure :lol:, but to Brits, well that's another story. :p "Guilty pleasure"? That's probably pushing it ... just "guilty" I think. :eek:

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2006, 11:42 AM
Back on topic...

No one else has any opinion about this subject? Come on people I know some of you have a comment or two you would like to leave on the subject.

MikePizzoff
21-Sep-2006, 11:52 AM
ThanX!

Stabbing Westward - Save Yourself

I remember when this song was still on the radio... probably around 10-11 years ago. Wouldn't surprised if it's use in the Covenant made it "come back".

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2006, 12:13 PM
Stabbing Westward - Save Yourself

I remember when this song was still on the radio... probably around 10-11 years ago. Wouldn't surprised if it's use in the Covenant made it "come back".

Thanks dude for this post. It is a good song. Worked well in the trailer for PLANE DEAD. Don't remember it being used in the Covenant.

Cody
22-Sep-2006, 05:12 AM
all I have to say is wow

DjfunkmasterG
22-Sep-2006, 10:39 AM
Aside from the concept being a ripoff of Snakes on a Plane. How many of you will watch this film? I mean would you check out knowing what you know as opposed to just seeing it on a shelf during a stroll through the video store?

TELL US YOUR REAL FEELINGS

MinionZombie
22-Sep-2006, 12:58 PM
This is the sort of film I'd download and watch, themz my real feelings, yo. :D

DjfunkmasterG
05-Oct-2006, 09:34 PM
NEW TRAILER AND MORE AT

http://www.planedeadthemovie.com/

Debbieangel
05-Oct-2006, 11:55 PM
Dj..I am up for ANY zombie film ANYTIME!!! Afraid of contagium as much as everyone puts it down tho(dont want to lay the bucks down on that one for sure i guess)!'But, Yessss, I will be going to see Plane Dead and dragging my niece along with me! Plus all the other zombie films coming out soon!!
Hey, it dont look like a bad film to me! I am just happy they are what "popular" right now??? I just wish they all were coming out this month instead of in Nov.!!

Dommm
06-Oct-2006, 10:08 AM
I'll be in on this one when it gets to the uk

MinionZombie
06-Oct-2006, 11:23 AM
I've just realised something ... now we literally have flying zombies! :lol:

Cool trailer, I'll definately watch it, looks like the zombies are more of the MTV style though...*grumble*

livingdeadboy
06-Oct-2006, 12:34 PM
yeah that actually looks enjoyable, if they play up the "camp" factor, it'll be good I think

Danny
06-Oct-2006, 07:19 PM
on a funny note about zombies on a plane there IS a film called "snakes on a train", guess what its about:lol:

DVW5150
06-Oct-2006, 08:49 PM
I think it might be interesting . Especialy the fact that theres an infective pathogen , as in " Why wont any one let us land ?" I think it might be pretty funny-scary ...

scotty Boy
07-Nov-2006, 10:09 PM
Im glad i back tracked to find this thread. I saw the trailer today and thought WOW this looks really good! I will want to watch it if and when it comes to the UK.

Also news is on there homepage that its first screening is on November 3rd at the American Film Market

Wahsleety
09-Nov-2006, 02:50 PM
looks better then Gay 07

Adolf Kitler
11-Nov-2006, 08:57 PM
At least it's ripping off other genres instead of rehashing the same old siege in a farmhouse plot. Looks interesting in a bad way, and yes I'm going to check it out.

HLS
11-Nov-2006, 09:08 PM
Wow, that looks like an awesome movie! Fantastic!

darth los
12-Nov-2006, 08:56 PM
Plane dead !?! I thought it said " Blane Dead " :D as in the creepy illusionist. I can't stand that guy.

capncnut
12-Nov-2006, 09:27 PM
Plane dead !?! I thought it said " Blane Dead " :D as in the creepy illusionist. I can't stand that guy.

Me too. I'd love one of his stunts to go wrong so I could watch it on VHS for hours and hours on end. :lol:

MikePizzoff
13-Nov-2006, 12:26 AM
This movie premiered at the American Film Market 9 days ago and I still haven't read a single review or anything online. :mad: