PDA

View Full Version : ISO files... What the hell?

EvilNed
20-Sep-2006, 06:55 AM
Ok, so I've made a few backups of a few rare DVDs I have. I make them in ISO format. I know how to play them on the computer. But is there anyway to burn them onto an empty DVD-R to make them playable on a DVD player?

jscott
20-Sep-2006, 09:51 AM
http://www.dvdrhelp.com has the solution to all your DVD-R burning problems.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Sep-2006, 10:17 AM
DVD Decrypter has an automatic burn ISO file as long as the file isn't over 4.7gb it will fit on a DVD-R or DVD+R

LouCipherr
20-Sep-2006, 11:44 AM
Not to mention Nero will burn ISO files also. Click "file" then "open" then point it to the ISO. done. ;)

axlish
20-Sep-2006, 12:39 PM
An iso file is an image file, basically an exact image of the disc you ripped (or downloaded). I'd just download dvd decrypter and burn the iso file to a disc, unless you already have something else on board to take care of it.

CivilDefense
21-Sep-2006, 07:55 PM
Mount the ISO using Daemon tools, then use DVD shrink to reauthor the disk so it will fit on a regular dvd..

Pretty simple. just google up the names and its pretty easy to figure out.

LoSTBoY
21-Sep-2006, 08:08 PM
I recommend DVD Decryptor for the reason you can burn at 1x speed.

It will take a while for it to burn but you should get a quality copy that does not hang or skip.

Note: If these happen to be PS2 games :shifty: make sure you use 16x DVD-R CDs instead of 8x....you haven't seen me, right! :sneaky:

EvilNed
21-Sep-2006, 10:24 PM
It's working! It's WORKING!!! :D

I'm burning at 1x speed as you said, lostboy and I used DVD Shrink to shrink the image CD. Great stuff. Thanks all!

And for those who want to know what I'm burning, it's a new DVD of Equilibrium. I bought the film for alot of cash when it was new. About six months ago, by brother borrowed it and I later found it on his floor, all smugded up and cracked. There was no recovery from it. I'm not sure if I told you about my bro before, but he's a real selfish pig and he treats my DVDs the same way always but this was the only one he ever really ruined.

So I got ahold of a ISO file of the film (many of my friends own it) and then kind of forgot about it.