PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had a ex-lover screw with your life?

DVW5150
20-Sep-2006, 07:07 AM
This is kinda convoluted but Ill try to make make real easy to follow . I am in a musical project that I moved up from Florida to do . The drummer who I came back up from Florida to work/record with is a friend of over 20 years .In February of 2005 ,my now ex-girl friend got a speeding ticket , I had just gotten a settlement from an accident Palm Beach Gardens where I lived . I "lent" her the $300 for the ticket and she also wanted another $500 to offset all the times she paid for dinner for us . Before I left Florida , I had a big disagreement with her . She had met a guy on-line and told me he had the same name as I , even spelled the same . He had flown from England and she slept with him.She told me she did . My ex and I called it over . I had kept in touch with my buddy up in DC over my time in FL, we were in a band in the 80's called Interval . We were almost signed to Geffen records .Well , since I have returned here to MD/DC , my friend and I have recorded 15 -16 songs ,( he has a home recording studio) most still need some tweeking but the songs are pretty friggin great . She (my ex)called him up (mustve had his # from when i was up in 2002) and told him , I told her my that mother died .My friends' mother died in jan of this year , so it really messed with his head hearing I had allegedly lied to my ex about such a thing . So he calls me up last week and basically calls off the project . All my music is in the sh***er , because this evil ( my ex)creature has messed with my life . I suppose it may not seem so bad to someone that hasnt given up a great job/with benefits , to move to the DC area to make a record (Im a 3rd generation musician playing guitar over 25 years) and finally make something musically I am proud of . If this makes any sense at all , please let me know what you think . I have had great conversations with everyone here at HPotD... Anybody got any advice?:mad:

Kaos
20-Sep-2006, 11:55 AM
This is kinda convoluted but Ill try to make make real easy to follow . I am in a musical project that I moved up from Florida to do . The drummer who I came back up from Florida to work/record with is a friend of over 20 years .In February of 2005 ,my now ex-girl friend got a speeding ticket , I had just gotten a settlement from an accident Palm Beach Gardens where I lived . I "lent" her the $300 for the ticket and she also wanted another $500 to offset all the times she paid for dinner for us . Before I left Florida , I had a big disagreement with her . She had met a guy on-line and told me he had the same name as I , even spelled the same . He had flown from England and she slept with him.She told me she did . My ex and I called it over . I had kept in touch with my buddy up in DC over my time in FL, we were in a band in the 80's called Interval . We were almost signed to Geffen records .Well , since I have returned here to MD/DC , my friend and I have recorded 15 -16 songs ,( he has a home recording studio) most still need some tweeking but the songs are pretty friggin great . She (my ex)called him up (mustve had his # from when i was up in 2002) and told him , I told her my that mother died .My friends' mother died in jan of this year , so it really messed with his head hearing I had allegedly lied to my ex about such a thing . So he calls me up last week and basically calls off the project . All my music is in the sh***er , because this evil ( my ex)creature has messed with my life . I suppose it may not seem so bad to someone that hasnt given up a great job/with benefits , to move to the DC area to make a record (Im a 3rd generation musician playing guitar over 25 years) and finally make something musically I am proud of . If this makes any sense at all , please let me know what you think . I have had great conversations with everyone here at HPotD... Anybody got any advice?:mad:

Who is this loser to even care about your ex? Sounds like he may have issues that he needs to work through. He needs to stop acting like a petulant 15 year old. I really don't have advice except to try to resurrect the project with someone else.

Eyebiter
20-Sep-2006, 12:43 PM
1. musical project
2. drummer is friend of 20 years
3. psycho ex g/f from Florida
4. lies
5. money

Right.

Invite your drummer out for lunch at a neutral location (pizza parlor, TGI Fridays, Applebees). Somewhere that serves beer because at some point it will likely become necessary.

During the conversation mention briefly that things ended poorly with your ex g/f. Don't go into great detail, but be truthful that things ended on a sour note with her. Don't mention the phone call. Simply say you think the ex from Florida is trying to sabotage a 20 year friendship.

His reaction will give you a good idea if the friendship or music project can be salvaged.

DVW5150
20-Sep-2006, 07:13 PM
It means alot .I'll leave this going for awile longer ,to see if anyone else has any ideas .You all have been too kind :rolleyes: ,may you always have chain mail and alot of ammo to repel the stenches :skull: ...just kidding ,thanks !

Fulcifan91
20-Sep-2006, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=Kaos;37317]He needs to stop acting like a petulant 15 year old. QUOTE]

I resent that :lol:

Anyways, have you tried talking to your friend about it? And telling him that she lied?

HLS
21-Sep-2006, 12:47 AM
I agree with everyones statements. He seems to be over reacting and has issues of his own. I would take him out to lunch, TGI Fridays has some good happy hour food, explain that your ex was telling fibs and that your sorry that the incident happen and tell him you value your friendship with him and you want to work threw the situation and you never want him to be hurt and that it is not your fault but your ex'es. If he then is still upset over this I would find someone else to work with. If he was really a good friend of yours he will understand that your ex lied if he continues to act like this then he is not your real friend and your better off without him.

Heidi

p2501
21-Sep-2006, 01:06 AM
1) the enter key is your friend, don't fear it.

2) this is all yhour fault for a) dating the daffy bitch, and B) letting her live.

Neil
21-Sep-2006, 07:04 AM
[QUOTE=Kaos;37317]He needs to stop acting like a petulant 15 year old.

I resent that :lol:

Anyways, have you tried talking to your friend about it? And telling him that she lied?

All you can do is let the situation cool down and either write or tell them what the real situation is in a frank simple way.

Everyone can have a knee-jerk reaction in the heat of the moment...

DVW5150
21-Sep-2006, 08:51 AM
:D Enjoy these pictures from one of our faves...: thanks people .