PDA

View Full Version : The Dragons Den...

LoSTBoY
21-Sep-2006, 08:03 PM
I actually like this program as you get to laugh at someone making an arse of themself or seeing someone get a good deal.

However, watching the episode right now, I have to rant that most of the investors can be complete idiots!

For example, a guy comes in with a wind bine prototype that could revolutionise solar energy. Now, considering the guy was all technical and didn't get the actual use through, hence he walked away with nothing. One of the investors talks about how ugly the wind bine is and wouldn't have it on his roof! Since it was a prototype, it wasn't there for looks. It could be easily customised later on you idiot! :mad:

Another example is a guy comes in with a kids toy which was both a box for carrying toys and a trolly which parents could wheel their kids around on. The indian guy asks to see one of them and then purposely breaks the strap used to pull or carry the suitcase/trolly around. It's designed for 3 - 4 year olds and he is a full grown man who struggled to pull it apart. :| My guess was he was trying to find a fault so he could lower his price... wanker.

That women investor as well, she declared herself out one time because she didn't like the guy! The aussie pointed out a few things and her faced dropped knowing it was a really good investment. :elol:

The only guy I think is savvy is the aussie guy on the end, he waits for the others to declare themselves out and then starts asking good questions that the others miss and discovers a good investment.

Most of them are just there to rip off people and get paid by the BBC for doing it.

/Rant :moon: