PDA

View Full Version : I'm fine

Trancelikestate
21-Sep-2006, 08:40 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6484/idontthinksokq4.jpg

hey guys, just thought we needed an evil dead appreciation page! please post your fav things about the movie. i love the part when all the objects in the house are laughing at him! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chakobsa
21-Sep-2006, 09:18 PM
Demonic hand possesion gets my vote, superb physical comedy from Bruce Campbell.
Also liked the whole "Someone's in my fruit cellar, someone with a fresh soul.."
bit.:D
BTW, Trancelike, nice Punisher avatar.:cool:

Trancelikestate
21-Sep-2006, 09:31 PM
wow thnx bud! you a punisher fan also? yeah i was obsessed with evil dead 2 when i first saw it.

Philly_SWAT
21-Sep-2006, 10:21 PM
Yeah, when he cuts his hand off, and is propping up the shotgun on his bloddy stub as he shoots at the hand as it scampers thru the wall, that is great! Bruce Campbell is great at physical comedy, and I was glad to see Sam Raimi give him cameo appearances in the SPider-Man movies. Bruce was also very good on an episode of "Homcide: Life on the Streets" showing that he is capable of serious acting as well. Not sure why he hasnt gotten more mainstream roles. Army of Darkness is even better than the 2 Evil Dead movies, imo.

EvilNed
21-Sep-2006, 10:29 PM
Big Evil Dead fan here (really, could you have guessed?)

Evil Dead 2 is my favourite of the three. It's superior to the others in every way, if you ask me. It's more coherent and stable than Evil Dead and funnier than Army of Darkness. The first Evil Dead film is the scariest, however, but also has reaaally crappy effects. :)

Anyway, my favourite part is either when he lobs his own hand off (and looks as if he's enjoying it) or when he's trying to shoot the now free hand through the wall.

Chakobsa
21-Sep-2006, 10:30 PM
wow thnx bud! you a punisher fan also? yeah i was obsessed with evil dead 2 when i first saw it.
The punisher is one of my favourite Marvel characters, period.
One of the Marvel writers ( i forget which one) once said that the Punisher was interesting because if someone in the "real" world took it into their head to become a costumed vigilante, the Punisher is most likely what you'd get; a gun toting psycho/revenge driven family man.
I recognized your avatar from the Spiderman Cartoons my lad is mad on. He likes the Punisher too which is strange 'cause he usually likes the villains, maybe he's picking up on the character's moral ambiguity?
Anyhoo, back on topic.
Always love the Evil Dead films. Here in the UK, in the heady days before the
video recording act, the first Evil Dead film was the one. Who else remembers
telling their friends in the school playground about "that bit with the trees"?
Ah, childhood memories.:elol:
Truth? It scared the **** out of me when I was a kid!:o :lol:
Btw, Trancelike, ever thought about Frank Castle vs the walking dead?:eek:
now that would make a cool story.

Trancelikestate
22-Sep-2006, 04:58 AM
The punisher is one of my favourite Marvel characters, period.
One of the Marvel writers ( i forget which one) once said that the Punisher was interesting because if someone in the "real" world took it into their head to become a costumed vigilante, the Punisher is most likely what you'd get; a gun toting psycho/revenge driven family man.
I recognized your avatar from the Spiderman Cartoons my lad is mad on. He likes the Punisher too which is strange 'cause he usually likes the villains, maybe he's picking up on the character's moral ambiguity?
Anyhoo, back on topic.
Always love the Evil Dead films. Here in the UK, in the heady days before the
video recording act, the first Evil Dead film was the one. Who else remembers
telling their friends in the school playground about "that bit with the trees"?
Ah, childhood memories.:elol:
Truth? It scared the **** out of me when I was a kid!:o :lol:
Btw, Trancelike, ever thought about Frank Castle vs the walking dead?:eek:
now that would make a cool story.

well i never read the marvel zombies comics, but apparently frank castle is the only "normal" one left defending himself from superzombies. i always wanted to write a frank castle meets the devils rejects comic. he'd def **** them up!! haha, sorry to any DR fans. it's a good movie, but if they messed with frank theyd get a combat knife thru the skull faster than you can say ouch!

Cody
22-Sep-2006, 05:08 AM
I wasnt a big fan of evil dead 2...to silly for me, but when he forgot the words that he had to say so he coughs LOL

Chakobsa
22-Sep-2006, 08:55 AM
well i never read the marvel zombies comics, but apparently frank castle is the only "normal" one left defending himself from superzombies. i always wanted to write a frank castle meets the devils rejects comic. he'd def **** them up!! haha, sorry to any DR fans. it's a good movie, but if they messed with frank theyd get a combat knife thru the skull faster than you can say ouch!
Marvel Zombies is on my "to buyand read soon" list.:)
Anyone got "The Book Of The Dead" dvd? It has reproductions of those cool
drawings fron the film doesn't it?

Danny
22-Sep-2006, 02:10 PM
"give me some sugar baby!" best bg movie quote ever, yes i liked army of darkness and aint ashamed of it!:D

LouCipherr
22-Sep-2006, 02:59 PM
"I'll swallow your soul!" :lol:

There were lots of great quotes from the ED movies (although I liked the first 2 much better than AoD).

I only have one thing to say about the movies: groovy. :D

EvilNed
22-Sep-2006, 03:10 PM
I wasnt a big fan of evil dead 2...to silly for me, but when he forgot the words that he had to say so he coughs LOL

That's Army of Darkness, not Evil Dead 2.

LoSTBoY
22-Sep-2006, 03:45 PM
I think the best, and worst (cringe wise) is the pencil to the ankle. I still grit my teeth when I see it. :rolleyes:

Also, the bit where he gets tooled up in ED2. "Let's go, bitch!" (Or something along those lines) :lol:

bassman
22-Sep-2006, 05:08 PM
I like Army of Darkness. Never cared for the two Evil Dead flicks...

Trancelikestate
22-Sep-2006, 05:22 PM
yeah well i like army of darkness. i like ed2 more. i think i was like 12 when i first saw it. anyway, the pic i posted perfectly expessed how i felt at the time :)

Danny
23-Sep-2006, 12:55 AM
BTW, Trancelike, nice Punisher avatar.:cool:

a bit off topic but correct me if im wrong but isnt that from the opening credits to the old spiderman cartoons from the 90's?

....yes for once you can yell it at me NNNNEEEEEERRRDDDD!:lol:

Trancelikestate
24-Sep-2006, 02:34 AM
a bit off topic but correct me if im wrong but isnt that from the opening credits to the old spiderman cartoons from the 90's?

....yes for once you can yell it at me NNNNEEEEEERRRDDDD!:lol:

yeah it is! BTW everyone i heard the marvel zombie's series will be coming out in one graphic novel. no collecting neccesary if you just wanna read the story! :D:D:D