PDA

View Full Version : What do zombie-heads listen to?

capncnut
22-Sep-2006, 07:06 PM
I was just wondering (being a newbie) what the hell does the average zombie-head listen to? Jessica Simpson? No. How about Paris Hilton? Thought not. Well, what then?

Bunker65
22-Sep-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty much all over the map in terms of what I listen to. If I like it it doesn't matter what genre it's in I listen to it :). I lean more towards rock/hard rock/classic rock but do listen to all other types of music.

My favorite band is Queensryche so that might give you an inclination as to what I listen to mostly. I'm actually leaving my office in a few minutes to go see them at the Nokia Theatre at Times Square :cool:. Then I'll be seeing them again in November at the State Theatre in NJ.

capncnut
22-Sep-2006, 08:24 PM
Lucky person. I haven't been to a concert in 8 months! This zombie head is all over the place too (musically, not in general) but the big guys for me are The Mars Volta, QOTSA Tool. I know it's commercial but the only 2 songs I know by Queensryche are Silent Lucidity and Della Brown.

bassman
22-Sep-2006, 08:51 PM
Anything that's original, basically. Not Rap, though. Doesn't take talent to use two fingers on a synthesizer and talk fast about "b*tches and money":p

It also needs to have what I call the "Three M's": Music(because let's face it....some stuff that claims to be, isn't), melody, and message.

Chakobsa
22-Sep-2006, 09:11 PM
Try "Easy listening for iron youth" by Non and "Leichenschrei" by SPK. Nice chilled out vibes, man:D

jim102016
23-Sep-2006, 02:28 AM
I like the sound of trash cans banging together... but nothing beats listening to foreign-born car theives fighting in their native tongue in the middle of Newark, NJ. I like the sound of happy looters jumping with glee after a hurricane hits the Mississippi coast, and I especially like Iraqi detainees screaming and pissing/****ting in terror while on the first plane ride of their lives.

Of course, if you choose to subscribe to Sirius or XM instead the possibilities are endless!

Deadman_Deluxe
23-Sep-2006, 06:00 PM
I was just wondering (being a newbie) what the hell does the average zombie-head listen to?

Music. Good music.

Chakobsa
23-Sep-2006, 07:38 PM
Music. Good music.
I quite like the music on the Alphadog home page, did you do it yourself?
Daft question, just had a look at the Lungworm site. Groovy. I liked "Pissing chunks" will listen to more later.

Brubaker
24-Sep-2006, 01:06 AM
Groups from the 60's: Ten Years After, Steppenwolf
Groups from the 70's: Foreigner, Bad Company, Deep Purple
Groups from the 80's: Ratt, Asia, Warrant
Groups from the 90's: Soul Asylum, Candlebox, Collective Soul
Current Groups: Buckcherry, Beautiful Creatures, Brides of Destruction

Really, a little bit of everything as long as it fits into the pop rock, rock or hard rock genres.

tju1973
24-Sep-2006, 01:49 AM
I listen to a varied dose of Slayer,Robbie Williams, Judas Preist, Roy Clark, ABBA, British Sea Power, Joy Division, Iron Maiden, Jim Croce, Cat Stevens, and Buck Owens...

always Buck Owens....

:cool: