PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't the humane society want to give these animals away?

Tied2thetracks
23-Sep-2006, 06:17 AM
My kids dog (at their grandparents house) was hit by a car and died last week. We went to the humane society to get a new dog for our house, we found one that resembled the dog that died. We filled out the aplication and a few days later they wanted our current dog to meet the new dog and all of our pets(dog and to cats) to get vaccines, prepaid of corse. If I knew the dogs had to hit it off I would have called it off. My current dog hates car rides and the HS is the place we got him. I he was nervous with the other dogs around, not to mention the last time he was brought there someone left him.

The dogs met today they growled at each other. HOW MANY DOGS FALL IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! They now want us to bring the dog in again and try walking them together for a last chance at adopting the dog. They said it didn't look good. After a week of the kids coming every day to play with this dog while going through the process ots going to break their hearts, morse after losing a dog last week. If these idiots would have told us their new criteria before we got into it I could have saved them alot of heart ache.

My wife told the kids that there is a good chance we will not get teh dog, they don't believe her. My wife ask the HS worker to tell them this so the lady tells my kids that there is a GOOD chance they will get the new dog.
If things go bad tomorrow( I believe they will) I will have the decison maker break the news to my kids. I will not be the bad guy for them.

I just needed to vent, I'm going to have 3 broken hearted little kids tomorrow. I best get working on my you guys suck speach.

axlish
23-Sep-2006, 11:47 AM
I had problems with them a few years back when we were going to adopt a cat. We were renting at the time and they wanted some written approval from the property owner. I found it hard to believe that they weren't jumping at the chance to rescue an animal from certain death. I ended up getting a kitten for free from the newspaper, no questions asked. I have decided that if I ever get a dog, I will get one from the pound.

Tied2thetracks, I'd just look in the paper and either get a free puppy, or a free adult dog.

Tied2thetracks
23-Sep-2006, 06:18 PM
Wow! it looked grim but a few choice words latter we have a new dog. Riely, yes after Land of the Dead.

I'm a little more outspoken than my wife and I think they just didn't want to deal with me. They had some event there today so the place was packed and I made it a pont that everyone heard our conversation. Yeah we got a new dog, I was aginst getting one until the place told us we couldn't have it.