PDA

View Full Version : Simon Baker in a new TV show on CBS

Philly_SWAT
23-Sep-2006, 11:37 AM
Hadnt seen this posted yet. Seems like an interesting concept. Ironically, the first show is apparently set in Pittsburgh, as a band of theives travel to different cities pulling off varies heists. Here is a cut and paste from CBS.com on the show. No word on whether or not Jeff being in charge of "firepower" includes star-flowers.....

SMITH stars Emmy Award winner Ray Liotta as a criminal mastermind in this drama about a close-knit crew of criminals who plot and execute high-stakes robberies. Though Bobby Stevens (Liotta) appears to be a regular family man with a nine-to-five job, he's actually an expert thief who is seeking a few last big jobs so he can finally leave the business for a comfortable, lawful lifestyle with his wife, Hope (Virginia Madsen), and their two children. While they never discuss Bobby's illegal pursuits, Hope is growing weary of turning a blind eye.

Bobby's second family, his criminal partners, each bring their own areas of expertise to pulling off the biggest and most sophisticated armed robberies. Joe (Franky G) is in charge of all things transportation oriented; Jeff (Simon Baker), who is the most reckless of the bunch, is responsible for the firepower; Tom (Jonny Lee Miller) is on parole after being busted during a previous job; and his sometime lover, Annie (Amy Smart), is a beautiful master of disguise who can manipulate any situation with her looks. FBI Agent Dodd has been following the robberies for some time and remains determined to catch the team, but he is most interested in capturing "Smith," the crew's mysterious leader and the brains behind the entire operation.

It remains to be seen whether Bobby will be able to extricate himself in time from the scores that give him such a rush, or if his retirement will be a forced one -- behind bars.

axlish
23-Sep-2006, 11:42 AM
I saw it. Pretty good show actually. Simon's character was interesting. Think Bodie from Point Break, but much meaner.

Philly_SWAT
23-Sep-2006, 12:55 PM
I loved Bodie in Point Break. It sucks that I missed the first show. Guess I will have to look for a repeat to see the Pittsburgh episode.