PDA

View Full Version : Quantam Physics, anyone?

Adrenochrome
24-Sep-2006, 01:25 PM
anybody see a flick(?) called What the bleep? Down the Rabbit Whole?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499596/
Watched this last night.
There's really nothing to give away about the plot, it's one of those "thinker movies" you just have to experience; especially if you're in one of those "search for a meaning to everything" moods.
You can set the DVD settings for different ways of viewing the movie; it claims to always be changing during different viewings. (I haven't seen them all, but from what I've noticed, the actual movie is only about 39 minutes but with all the interviews with physicists, philosophers and authors that pop up throughout the movie, it can last about 5 hours). Like one big lecture on "quantum mechanics, neurobiology, human consciousness and day-to-day reality."

Chakobsa
24-Sep-2006, 09:11 PM
Sounds like my cup of tea.
Thanks for the info, Adrenochrome,:) sounds great.

Maitreya
25-Sep-2006, 09:06 AM
The people on IMDB look quite negative about it...

But it looks interesting, like one of those "15 minutes to read, days to comprehend" books.

It's unfortunate that nobody gave an accurate plot outline, all they said was that it was idiotic.

Because apparently free thought isn't allowed anymore.

Adrenochrome
25-Sep-2006, 09:20 AM
The people on IMDB look quite negative about it...

But it looks interesting, like one of those "15 minutes to read, days to comprehend" books.

It's unfortunate that nobody gave an accurate plot outline, all they said was that it was idiotic.

Because apparently free thought isn't allowed anymore.

Well, I can assure you that the "couch potato/bathtub wanabe critics" at imdb are wrong about this one. LOL.
Whenever I post a link for imdb it's usually because there is a quick link to the trailer. NOT to read the "user comments".

dmbfanintn
25-Sep-2006, 03:42 PM
Adreno,

The wife and I rented this flick one night. I saw it at the movie store and thought, OOOO, right up my alley!

I guess I am just to feeble minded, because I was bored outta my goard!!!!

We made through about 20 mintues and had to turn it off!

Maitreya
25-Sep-2006, 09:11 PM
Where could you rent this at? Would it be at a blockbuster or something?

DeadJonas190
26-Sep-2006, 04:22 AM
Where could you rent this at? Would it be at a blockbuster or something?

Yes, Blockbuster carries that movie, in fact, we have both versions at the store I work at.

Neil
26-Sep-2006, 12:05 PM
I still think my favourite "thinky" film is www.imdb.com/title/tt0085809/

Adrenochrome
26-Sep-2006, 12:10 PM
I still think my favourite "thinky" film is www.imdb.com/title/tt0085809/

oooo yes! I've seent this one! VERY good film, indeed! It's one of those visual masterpieces where you can sit back and let your mind freely flow in any direction.
Don't forget about Powaqqatsi and Naqoyqatsi - (the rest of it.)