PDA

View Full Version : Children of Men

Neil
27-Sep-2006, 09:04 PM
Not as dark as I was hoping for, but generally very good and some good emotional moments...

I'd have to watch it again, but I'll swear there's some very long single shot scenes with a fair amount of action and effects in, which being the case, is pretty impressive!

MinionZombie
27-Sep-2006, 09:08 PM
Aye I wanna see this flick, I've heard pretty much the same sentiments as you from several sources, and indeed, I've heard there is a sequence running through a warzone which is mostly one shot - in which case, very nice indeed - I like seeing that, we don't have enough Kubrick-isms in cinema these days, it's all about being choppy and split-second shot lengths.

A big long shot through a well orchestrated battle would be quite something to see on the big screen I'd reckon...

Neil
27-Sep-2006, 09:17 PM
Aye I wanna see this flick, I've heard pretty much the same sentiments as you from several sources, and indeed, I've heard there is a sequence running through a warzone which is mostly one shot - in which case, very nice indeed - I like seeing that, we don't have enough Kubrick-isms in cinema these days, it's all about being choppy and split-second shot lengths.

A big long shot through a well orchestrated battle would be quite something to see on the big screen I'd reckon...

Well, it was so nicely done, that it wasn't probably until a good way through it an alarm went off in the back of my head saying that there's hadn't been a scene cut for a good while...

Looking back at the file, I think this may have happened a couple of times...

The film certainly is not an action fest, but a simple thinky film... Shame it wasn't more thinky, but it was good...

EvilNed
27-Sep-2006, 10:49 PM
There's been alot of hype over a shot that ran over 10 minutes and was basicly a big action shot. I haven't seen the film myself, but I want too.

Danny
27-Sep-2006, 11:22 PM
i liked it but i still coudlnt get "my name is miechal pane and i am a nosy neighbour" outta my head during kanes bits, on this not of end of the world-ish films anyone seen right at your door?

Neil
28-Sep-2006, 07:23 PM
There's been alot of hype over a shot that ran over 10 minutes and was basicly a big action shot.

You're kidding!!

I guess the fact that I watched the film, and didn't spot it was that long was a good sign of how fluid it was!

p2501
28-Sep-2006, 07:32 PM
there been alot of talk on AICN and a couple of sites about the fact that Curon(?) worked in so many of these long takes. alot of the reviews echo exactly what you've already stated.