PDA

View Full Version : Just checked the flick out...

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2006, 01:00 PM
How do all,

Received my Director's Cut of Deadlands this morning and promptly whipped that bitch into my DVD player over lunch and had a good old goosey gander. Might I say, it's rather spiffing all round, I loved it. I'll give a better review later on, but I just wanted to chime in after just watching it, to give mad props and many a fresh thumb to all the peeps involved in this flick. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

LouCipherr
28-Sep-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks MZ. :) It's no "I Am Zombie Man" by far, but I think it's entertaining.. :lol: :lol:

I'm still wondering who that long-haired freak in the movie is. Who's idea was it to include that goof ball? :D

Andy
28-Sep-2006, 01:17 PM
mine should be here soon :D i'll write up a full review when i get time.

Fulcifan91
28-Sep-2006, 06:49 PM
Glad you dug the flick MZ.

Also, Andy- nice sig and avatar, very cool :thumbsup:

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh *pishaw*, IAZM is nowhere near the technical lava lamp that is Deadlands (FYI, I think lava lamps are kick ass and hypnotic :D), and actually, there were several lines in the flick that made me laugh (Captain of the Obvious for one) ... oh yeah, and the black guy who just swears a lot before charging off, I loved that bit, reminded me of the shouting black reporter in Family Guy somewhat.

Having seen the flick, I can also get a slight snifter of insight into the true scale of Dj's driving. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2006, 08:21 PM
Having seen the flick, I can also get a slight snifter of insight into the true scale of Dj's driving. :lol:

Here is a bit of trivia for you.

I drive both Mustangs in the film. The Silver GT that comes up on the traffic Jam zombie attack, and of course I drive the red one away from the scene when Lou and I go for a "walk"

The Silver GT was meant for another section of the film that was left on the proverbial cutting room floor. So since I didn't need to scrap all of it I found a place to work that scene in. :D

Now that people are seeing it someone has to update the memorable quotes on it's IMDB page.

axlish
28-Sep-2006, 08:25 PM
oh yeah, and the black guy who just swears a lot before charging off, I loved that bit, reminded me of the shouting black reporter in Family Guy somewhat.

That was probably my favorite part outside of the zombie traffic jam.

LouCipherr
29-Sep-2006, 11:48 AM
:lol:

Y'know, that wasn't even originally in the script, but the guy offered to do it and dj was like "yeah, sure, what the hell, go for it and we'll see how it comes off" - well, once we saw that we had a big grin on our face and were like "well, that's a keeper!" :D

Here is a bit of trivia for you.

I drive both Mustangs in the film. The Silver GT that comes up on the traffic Jam zombie attack, and of course I drive the red one away from the scene when Lou and I go for a "walk"

Here's another piece of trivia for you: When you see the silver mustang pull up and take off at light speed? I'm in the passenger seat with WHITE KNUCKLES holding on for dear friggin' life!!! :lol: Seriously, Dj did some fast scary driving on that road that never made it into the film, but surely left me with skidmarks in the ol' underwear! :lol:

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2006, 02:25 PM
If you have footage of that scary-ass driving, you've gotta post it, an online "deleted scene" if you will. :D

LouCipherr
29-Sep-2006, 02:35 PM
...the technical lava lamp that is Deadlands

Dude, that f*cking cracks me up every time I read it. the "techinical lava lamp"?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Remember when I said you have a way with words? :D You need to write a book or somethin' MZ. ;)

Umm, I'm sure Dj has the footage of us pulling up at a pretty high rate of speed, stopping, then tearing ass outta there at quite a high speed. I think there's actually a few takes of that. Too bad we didn't get footage of him line-locking his breaks on his new Mustang and smoking out the whole road.. THAT was hilarious! I'm sure his tracks are still there on the road, too... along with quite a bit of rubber from his tires. :elol:

Hell, if you notice in the film when him and I are running from the zombies in the traffic jam and pull off, when he backs up he misses the curb and a tree by mere inches! we didn't even notice that 'till we looked at the playback 'cause in the car we were really "in the moment" of the scene. Quite comical when you see it played back. "DUDE! You almost whacked that tree!!!" :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
29-Sep-2006, 02:41 PM
If you have footage of that scary-ass driving, you've gotta post it, an online "deleted scene" if you will. :D

I will dig up that footage this weekend. I will try to post i on Sunday on my website.

LouCipherr
29-Sep-2006, 02:44 PM
Hey, y'know Dj, I think that would be a good quote on the DVD cover.

"This movie is a techinical lava lamp! -MinionZombie"

:lol:

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2006, 03:01 PM
Aye I see what you mean now :D (I like to think "what is the funniest/strangest way I can say this average sentence?", and so magic is born into the world that is my weird-jibber-jabbering gob) ... but it's true, Deadlands is in my approximation, a sheer technical lava lamp. :thumbsup:

DjfunkmasterG
02-Oct-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey MINION... I found the other footage of my driving the Silver Mustang. I found Camera one footage, runs about 6 minutes.

I a looking for Camera 2 angle now. I will post Camera Angle #1 tonight on the website.

MinionZombie
03-Oct-2006, 12:07 PM
Sweet, let us know when it's available. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
03-Oct-2006, 12:35 PM
I will upload it when I get home. It runs about 7 minutes and shows three takes from one angle. Still looking for Angle two.

MinionZombie
03-Oct-2006, 12:44 PM
Sweet as. :thumbsup:

LouCipherr
03-Oct-2006, 01:16 PM
Dj, please tell me you don't have any closeups of me in the car - my white knuckles and expression of "OMFG I'm gonna die!!" are kinda embarrassing. :lol: :lol: :p

Actually, that was a fun night. All I had to do was get in the car and hold on for dear life.

Y'know, now that I think about it, those shots could've been done without me in the car.. WTF? NO FAIR DJ! I think he just wanted to mess with me.. :D

MinionZombie
03-Oct-2006, 05:36 PM
I think it was his ploy to try and justify creating a nickname for you on set, something along the lines of "Brian Brown Pants" or "Brown Brian" ... mind you, I'd be the same, some of that thar drivin' is cwaaayzeeee!!!

LouCipherr
03-Oct-2006, 05:53 PM
OMG MZ, you should've been there.. it may 'look' fun, but to handle that kind of driving as a passenger is kinda scary - and that's not the craziest i've seen Dj behind the wheel either! When you're in the drivers seat, you have the feeling of 'control' - but when you're in the passenger seat, all you can do it sit there feeling helpless and pray the nutcase driving doesn't wreck. :lol:

You have to remember, Dj is the one that told me and the DP (LD-50) that if he wrecked his car (mind you, this is while he was driving alone, not with anyone else in it) to KEEP ROLLING TAPE! He said "you film that sh*t for at least 60 seconds after the car stops before calling an ambulance!!!" I sh*t you not. Ask him, he'll tell you the same thing. I think he wanted to do it for sh*ts and giggles anyway, but we never got that far with the stunt drivin'... :D

Who knows, maybe in DL2 we'll get to see someone wreck a car. By that time he'll have his GT and this red mustang will be gone.. maybe I can convince him to keep it so we can destroy it during the filming of DL2! :elol:

DjfunkmasterG
03-Oct-2006, 06:00 PM
I planned on keeping the RED MUSTANG for part 2. It is written in the script. Although not written as a destoryed vehicle, it is written none the less.

As far as Lou's comment about if I wreck keep filming... YOU GODDAMN RIGHT I SAID IT. What kind of filmmaker would I be if I wrecked the car and someone cut off the camera. Screw that. keep filming while I crawl out with only one bloody stump for a leg.

That's entertainment. :D

And Lou? was the fast driving really that bad?

MinionZombie
03-Oct-2006, 06:02 PM
:elol:

Excellent ... but I must admit, I'd probably be the same - if something crazy happens and you've got a camera rolling, film the damn thing and let someone else dial the digits. :D

LouCipherr
03-Oct-2006, 07:04 PM
And Lou? was the fast driving really that bad?

Nah, going fast isn't the problem, it's taking hard right turns at 60mph when there's not much manuvering room that makes me nervous! And it wasn't even MY CAR that would've been damaged! :lol: What's wrong with me!? :D

When you're the driver, it's no problem, it's when you're a passenger that it'll make ya nervous. :p

I planned on keeping the RED MUSTANG for part 2. It is written in the script. Although not written as a destoryed vehicle, it is written none the less.

Well, we'll have to change that. :lol:

MinionZombie
03-Oct-2006, 07:28 PM
Indeed, I find more and more that I get un-nerved when being the passenger in a car, I also still get car sickness a bit when a passenger (but not when driving, as I'm in control) ... and despite the excessive road rage, I feel more at ease and in control when I'm driving. I also know what I'd do and I trust myself to not get into a wreck.

I'm not too bad when I'm a passenger, but there is that unease at not being in control and being in someone else's hands essentially, which isn't something I do...

I'm a kind of contradiction, because I've gotten in many a car with someone who's been drinking, but I trust them not to wreck - mind you, doesn't mean they were the most attentive driver. There was this one time though when we were driving home (me and two friends - Knox and Ben, who've starred in my films) and just after getting in I found out Ben had had a whole bottle of wine and several beers (I'd only had four beers so I was a judge on his day of rest by comparison), and he nearly skidded out going over one of those jumps in the road on a corner...but the beer made me not mind that much, haha (wasn't pissed though ... sadly).

Anyway, I'm a contradiction, I'd no doubt get in a car with Dj and would be in two minds - one that's chilled out and trusting, the other that's climbing the walls in fear. :lol: As long as there's control, I don't mind speed.

LouCipherr
03-Oct-2006, 07:35 PM
heh, that 'chilled-out and trusting' feeling will quickly reach an apex of "GET ME THE F*CK OUT OF THIS CAR!!!" after riding with him for about 5 minutes.

Trust me on this one. :elol: