View Full Version : Zombie vs. Vampire

Newbreed
02-Oct-2006, 08:01 PM
If a vampire bit a zombie, would the zombie become a vampire(due to the vampires bite), or the vampire become a zombie(due to the zombies infected blood)?

EvilNed
02-Oct-2006, 09:08 PM
Probably neither, seeing as how both are already dead. A vampire would probably not get any blood out of a zombie, seeing as it would be all dried up. There's no heart to pump it around either.

Remember, it's not the bite that turns you into a zombie. It's death. And a vampire is already dead.

Philly_SWAT
03-Oct-2006, 12:49 PM
Probably neither, seeing as how both are already dead. A vampire would probably not get any blood out of a zombie, seeing as it would be all dried up. There's no heart to pump it around either.

Remember, it's not the bite that turns you into a zombie. It's death. And a vampire is already dead.

I agree with your assessment that since they are both already dead, that neither one would turn to the other. However, you made me think of this. Why is all the zombie blood so red? Wouldnt it have to be oxygenated in order to be red? Makes it seems like the zombie heart and lungs must still be functioning.

Macabre
03-Oct-2006, 01:47 PM
Blood becomes de-oxygenated through its interactions with the other cells of the body. If the cells no longer need the oxygen and the blood no longer pumps, there is really no place for the oxygen to go, so I would think that the blood would remain red instead of turning blue. While the blood cells would die off, the hemoglobin would remain red.

My opinion.

EvilNed
03-Oct-2006, 05:08 PM
Blood becomes de-oxygenated through its interactions with the other cells of the body. If the cells no longer need the oxygen and the blood no longer pumps, there is really no place for the oxygen to go, so I would think that the blood would remain red instead of turning blue. While the blood cells would die off, the hemoglobin would remain red.

My opinion.

Even so, zombies shot in the head always resunt in gore and blood. If they were dead, it shouldn't be so.

Philly_SWAT
03-Oct-2006, 10:59 PM
Sounds logical to me.

Marie
03-Oct-2006, 11:09 PM
Even so, zombies shot in the head always resunt in gore and blood. If they were dead, it shouldn't be so.

Actually, there should be little or no blood if the zombie was walking. The blood would all be in the legs or at least the lower body with no circulation. A head shot wuld just blow the skull apart.

Having witnessed lividity in a corpse that was laying down, that's always been a mystery to me in zombie movies.

M_

Chakobsa
03-Oct-2006, 11:51 PM
Actually, there should be little or no blood if the zombie was walking. The blood would all be in the legs or at least the lower body with no circulation. A head shot wuld just blow the skull apart.

Having witnessed lividity in a corpse that was laying down, that's always been a mystery to me in zombie movies.

M_
You're right, it's called "Livor mortis". it's not present in areas of the corpse in contact with anything due to compression of the capillaries.
It's true that zombie head shots wouldn't have the vivid bloody splatter we see in the films, but ask yourselves this, would we want it any other way?:evil:
Interestingly enough, I remember seeing an interview with a special effects guy some years back and he said that movie effects tend to be over done as
realistic effects just don't look "real" enough. Don't believe me? Have a look at a Forensic medicine website or text book, have a look at scene of crime photography. I dunno, maybe that's part of the reason we watch these films,
they're a short hand for the real things that scare us .

Philly_SWAT
04-Oct-2006, 03:26 AM

M_
I guess that we have to assume that even though dead, whatever mysterious force that caused the body to re-animate must keep the blood flowing, or if not flowing, then at least cause the blood to stay where it was, rather than seep down to the lower body. We can not affix every fact about the dead in our universe to be the same as in a universe where the dead walk the earth, looking for warm, human flesh.

Danny
04-Oct-2006, 11:48 PM
uh...a liche maybe?, and i thought you were talking about that **** film for a sec thar'.:barf: