PDA

View Full Version : I hope the zombie F/X don't include "demon eyes."

Mikey
02-Oct-2006, 10:29 PM
One thing I did not care for in LAND was the fact the zombies had weird contact lenses in to make them look more scary. In my opinion, this detracted from the scariness and made them look more cartoony. I don't like the "demon" eyes for zombies. They're dead. Just give them dead milky eyes (like in NIGHT 90), or no contacts at all. This was a problem for me in DAWN 04, too, as the zombies had weird blue contacts in.

Adrenochrome
02-Oct-2006, 10:41 PM
YES! on the milky eyes! I hate the contacts also.
PLUS - I hope there is NOT another roaring Big Daddy-type zombie!!!

sirjacktorrance
02-Oct-2006, 11:02 PM
well.. i think the "demon eyes" of land were decent, because ther was red veins and (except big daddy)were very subtle.The worst "demon eyes "i see are in the new day of the dead zombies. the photos looks horrible!!like a "night of the demons" or "the convent"creature.

Maitreya
03-Oct-2006, 12:06 AM
I didn't notice demon eyes too bad in Land... What I DID notice them in was 28 days later (Despite it not being a zombie flick) their eyes just looked red and ****ing scary...

But anyways, I honestly didn't like the look of the zombies in Night '90. I thought it was a great remake, but the facial expressions the zombies made was just annoying to me.

I hope he just goes with either Dawn or Day effects... Maybe even Night '68 since they're freshly created zombies, they wouldn't look all decayed.

That's one thing I didn't understand about Land, Cholo got up and looked like he'd been a zombie forever... Oh well.

thxleo
03-Oct-2006, 12:16 AM
One thing I did not care for in LAND was the fact the zombies had weird contact lenses in to make them look more scary. In my opinion, this detracted from the scariness and made them look more cartoony. I don't like the "demon" eyes for zombies. They're dead. Just give them dead milky eyes (like in NIGHT 90), or no contacts at all. This was a problem for me in DAWN 04, too, as the zombies had weird blue contacts in.

I've seen a test makeup from Greg Nicotero for "Diary of the Dead" and there was no "demon" look to the eyes. In fact, the eyes were one of the best designs of the makeup actually. Very different from the "Land of the Dead" zombies. Don't know if that will be the final design though, but it still looked pretty good to me.

twistbud
03-Oct-2006, 01:01 AM
PLUS - I hope there is NOT another roaring Big Daddy-type zombie!!!

AMEN! Big Daddy was the downfall of Land. Any one have an official roar count?

There I was in the theater going to see the first film from my favorite director on the big screen and feeling kind of embarrassed of that damn zombie.

hadrian0117
03-Oct-2006, 01:55 AM
I've seen a test makeup from Greg Nicotero for "Diary of the Dead" and there was no "demon" look to the eyes. In fact, the eyes were one of the best designs of the makeup actually. Very different from the "Land of the Dead" zombies. Don't know if that will be the final design though, but it still looked pretty good to me.
Do they look anything like the zombies from Night'90? I always thouth it had the most realistic-looking zombies.

Fulcifan91
03-Oct-2006, 03:15 AM

Any way you can pass it along? I'd really like to see it :D :D

bassman
03-Oct-2006, 12:29 PM
Yeah....I'm not a big fan of the "demon eyes", either. Although, in "Land", I didn't consider those to be "demon eyes". Big Daddy's were close to it but most of them just had a kind of blood-shot, vein look to them.(look at pictures of #9--cool blood-shot effect on her's)

Overall....Night90 had the best dead eyes, I think.

sirjacktorrance
03-Oct-2006, 06:40 PM

test makeup??? where?? when?? i wanna see that stuff man!!!:D

Adrenochrome
03-Oct-2006, 06:48 PM
There I was in the theater going to see the first film from my favorite director on the big screen and feeling kind of embarrassed of that damn zombie.

yup, I was shrinking in my seat everytime Big Daddy roared.

I've seen a test makeup from Greg Nicotero for "Diary of the Dead" .....

El Cool-o
Got a link, I'd love to see some of that!

dmbfanintn
03-Oct-2006, 07:04 PM
I've seen a test makeup from Greg Nicotero for "Diary of the Dead"

Greg is doing the fx?

Shweet!!!!

tkane18
03-Oct-2006, 09:20 PM
AMEN! Big Daddy was the downfall of Land. Any one have an official roar count?

This could turn into a new drinking game. Every time Big Daddy roars, you have to drink a shot.

See, the movie does have some merit after all! ;)

MinionZombie
03-Oct-2006, 09:55 PM
Indeed, Night90 had the best eyes - and actually had the most anatomically correct zombies out of all the films, I remember reading/watching something about how they did a load of research into what actually happens to the body after death and incorporated that into their designs, rather than working from "this is what I think happens/probably happens something like this".

Aye, I didn't think "demon eyes" with Land, I thought more along the line of "bloodshot yellow", if anything, it looked more like they'd been on 'da chronic' for a bit too long. :D

thxleo
04-Oct-2006, 04:23 PM
If I could I would post the photo. However, Greg asked that I not put it on the internet. He said that he is the "FX producer" on this one, so I'm not sure just how big of a role he will have this time around.
The eyes for the makeup look swollen, for lack of a better word. Almost like a dog when it has cherry eye.
I liked it and thought it was different than the LOTD zombie look.

Neil
07-Nov-2006, 09:57 AM
If I could I would post the photo. However, Greg asked that I not put it on the internet. He said that he is the "FX producer" on this one, so I'm not sure just how big of a role he will have this time around.
The eyes for the makeup look swollen, for lack of a better word. Almost like a dog when it has cherry eye.
I liked it and thought it was different than the LOTD zombie look.

Of course the zombies have to be completely different to Land. Land was set years down the line, where as Diary is at the start, so the zombies are very fresh bodies!

That's what I liked about Night90 - Some of the zombies were almost normal people...

By the way, how is Greg involved in Diary exactly?

DeadCentral
07-Nov-2006, 11:13 AM
Hey Neil I'm actually waiting on info from Greg on his participation in the film...
I'll let you know

Gouldy
10-Nov-2006, 08:30 PM
Personally i think Zombie eyes shoule either be White or black (white preferably) becasue Eyes are supposed to be the window to the soul and zombies have no souls, so it kind of works

MinionZombie
10-Nov-2006, 08:38 PM
And also, biologically speaking, dead eyes do go milky ... don't they? Like in Night '90 - they said they were going much more biologically correct, and they had milky eyes.

Chakobsa
11-Nov-2006, 01:32 PM
And also, biologically speaking, dead eyes do go milky ... don't they? Like in Night '90 - they said they were going much more biologically correct, and they had milky eyes.
Yes, Minion,I have it on good authority that the eyes of the dead do acquire a milky glaze.
Also, the skin colour of the dead in Night '90 was more or less the same as the one recently deceased caucasian i've witnessed first hand.

The Alive Man
13-Nov-2006, 06:09 PM
"Demon eyes" remind me about EVIL DEAD, which is *NOT* a Dead Movie. It's about people POSSESSED by an un-physical entity. The lack of iris suggests that the consciousness is gone, replaced by a "portion" of the "root entity".

No matter what people says, I like the Dead being as much realistic as possible.

Danny
14-Nov-2006, 06:55 AM
so.....then you like em as just dead, like on the ground dead?:p

The Alive Man
14-Nov-2006, 07:11 PM
so.....then you like em as just dead, like on the ground dead?:p

:D Maybe...

Deaths_Shadow
29-Nov-2006, 07:18 AM
The demon eyes reminded me of Dusk til Dawn. which worked in that movie but not so much in land. But to each his own i guess. :D