PDA

View Full Version : oh, whah whah whah....boo hoo hoo

Adrenochrome
03-Oct-2006, 12:39 PM
guess who's offended again?

you can probably guess (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/02/national/main2057059.shtml)

LouCipherr
03-Oct-2006, 01:23 PM
I think they need to whine to people who give a sh*t, 'cause I and most of us living here in the states could give a damn less.

People need to grow some thicker f'ing skin - I mean, c'mon, how many people make fun of the United States? You never hear about us getting offended by all the awful things being said. sheesh...

Give to me a large break.

p2501
03-Oct-2006, 01:28 PM
i'm starting to wonder how much of ths is news and how much of this is the news making up **** again.

You ever notice how before 9-11 muslims being upset about soemthing wasn't all that news worth. it happened, and of course thier were the usual riots we see in radical muslim countries. but it just wasn't a big deal.

Now if some guy with the first name Mohammed just in a twist it's "muslims are upset by". never mind that Mohammed, could be a damn Rastafarian for all we know...........

Tied2thetracks
03-Oct-2006, 01:33 PM
Islam needs to get a life. Christians never get one once of sympothy. I never got an apology for piss christ, but how many people were killed over cartoons? Well back to my mohommad drawings.

Khardis
03-Oct-2006, 01:48 PM
i'm starting to wonder how much of ths is news and how much of this is the news making up **** again.

You ever notice how before 9-11 muslims being upset about soemthing wasn't all that news worth. it happened, and of course thier were the usual riots we see in radical muslim countries. but it just wasn't a big deal.

Now if some guy with the first name Mohammed just in a twist it's "muslims are upset by". never mind that Mohammed, could be a damn Rastafarian for all we know...........

I recall a lot of muslims angry news pre-9/11 it just didnt make much headline though because muslims hadnt flown 2 jets into the WTC yet. You cant manufacture news like the Muhammad cartoons or the popes speech thing. Theres been real deaths because of those from psychotic muslims who havent left the middle ages yet.

slickwilly13
03-Oct-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm curious. Is it the Arab or black muslims who keep bitching about things over here?

dmbfanintn
03-Oct-2006, 03:08 PM
Who all saw Trent Lott (R) on John Stewart last night?

He made an excellent point, he said " i have never understood the concept of killing another over religion. Regardless of the the religion.

Take away the "name" of the religion, it really doesn't matter if its christian, islam, or any other, MAN has been killing other men in the name of religion for all of recorded history.

As many of you know on here, I am very anti-christian, I see them as being just a fanatical and hypocritical as all the other religion. For me, it seams, it always goes back to the same arguement, when religion is invilved, and that is who is right!

you'll never convince a christian that his version is wrong, just like you'll never convince a muslim that his version is wrong.

Anyone who thinks that the Christians haven't caused their fare share of blood spillage, or slaughtered their fare share of dissetents over the years is crazy!

I believe the public outrage would hae been the same had a top prominent muslim cleric made the same remarks the pope made, toward christianity.

I see it here in my community where people get all bent outta shape because of negative things said or published about christianity.

I don't know how much this has to do with the discussion, but I think it is a bit relevant:

I live in the bible belt of TN and there is like a church every 100 yards in town. they are most all christian based, but of all denominations.

A while back, one of these churches had the following phrase on it's sign out front:

"Today's unchurched child is tomorrow's criminal."

Now, we do not go to church, therefore both of my kids are "unchurched" and I took offence to this sign.

I sent a letter to the editor of the local newspaper that was not published, so I sent a letter to the church and simply told them that in my opinion:

"Today's preacher's daughter is tomorrow's town whore!"

that is the way I was reading the sign. The text was changed the next day!

I fear, the humans of the world will never learn to be tolerant and live together. there are just oo many people in this world who think it their "God" given right and duty to tell other people what THEY THINK is right and wrong and force said people to live by it.

If I ain't hurtin you, why should you care what I am doing? ("you" being just whoever, not anyone specific here)

I can not sympathize with Muslims in this situation, as they bring plenty of it upon themselves, but I do not sypathize with the Christians in similar situations either. In my opinion, they are both wrong!

Khardis
03-Oct-2006, 03:15 PM
The difference though friend, is that the age of Christian blood spilling was some few centuries ago. We dont live in the middle ages anymore, we live in a modern age. Christianity since then has evolved from a political powerhouse with contorl over peoples lives into a much weaker version of its former self. Now it just focuses on maintaining its traditions and thats really it.

Some other religions, namely Islam, which is about as old as Christianity and is 10X more brutal and spilled far more blood has NOT evolved out of the middle ages. Thats the difference. Plus the whole way the religions spread originally...

islam spread by the sword and murder, Christianity spread through missions.

LouCipherr
03-Oct-2006, 03:20 PM
Regardless, more people have been killed in the name of "God" than for any other reason.

Seems kinda hypocritical, doesn't it?

dmbfanintn
03-Oct-2006, 03:24 PM
The difference though friend, is that the age of Christian blood spilling was some few centuries ago. We dont live in the middle ages anymore, we live in a modern age. Christianity since then has evolved from a political powerhouse with contorl over peoples lives into a much weaker version of its former self. Now it just focuses on maintaining its traditions and thats really it.

Some other religions, namely Islam, which is about as old as Christianity and is 10X more brutal and spilled far more blood has NOT evolved out of the middle ages. Thats the difference. Plus the whole way the religions spread originally...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I am getting ready to say this!!

Khardis.... I agree with you. OOOHHH That hurt! :D

You are right, Christianity HAS evolved past the blood spilling, for the most part.

Even though the fiasco in Iraq has been linked to a plethora of "reasons" I still personally feel that religion holds a very heavy undertone to the overall reason we are there. Especially concidering the person that took us there and his "relationship with god".

Christianity spread through missions

I thought they called them "crusades"

Adrenochrome
03-Oct-2006, 03:57 PM

well, actually.....
There are plenty of Christian fanatics.....look at Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church preaching HATE...or, those Christian fanatics killing or beating abortion doctors and bombing or vandalizing the abortion clinics?
there are still plenty of militant Christians roaming the Earth.

Khardis
03-Oct-2006, 04:02 PM
Oh my goodness, I can't believe I am getting ready to say this!!

Khardis.... I agree with you. OOOHHH That hurt! :D

You are right, Christianity HAS evolved past the blood spilling, for the most part.

Even though the fiasco in Iraq has been linked to a plethora of "reasons" I still personally feel that religion holds a very heavy undertone to the overall reason we are there. Especially concidering the person that took us there and his "relationship with god".

Christianity spread through missions

I thought they called them "crusades"

The crusades if you would study them were a response to Islamic agression. Remember, BEFORE the Crusades what were the Muslims doing? They were invading Europe through its entry ways. Spain and Through the Turks.

At one point almost all of Spain was owned and ruled by the invading Muslims until the Inquisition. It didnt get back into Christian and European hands until the Fall of Grenada in 1499. Thats a lot of Islamic expansion.

The Crusades were basically a way for the Europeans to take the fight back to the Muslims. Instead of fighting them in Europe as they had been they arranged for a multi-national force of armies to invade and sack The Holy land. They succeeded and brought about a long halt in Islamic invasions in Europe while bringing an era of growth and prosperity in the mid east, unmatched even today, and only Rivaled by the growth made under the Romans a 1000 years earlier.

Even then, the Crusades were never meants to spread Christianity, it was a means of protecting Europe from militaristic islamic armies, who by thier own holy scripture are compelled to spread islam by the sword 1st and foremost.

well, actually.....
There are plenty of Christian fanatics.....look at Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church preaching HATE...or, those Christian fanatics killing or beating abortion doctors and bombing or vandalizing the abortion clinics?
there are still plenty of militant Christians roaming the Earth.

How many people in Fred phelps "Church"? How many Christians support Fred Phelps? Wait, his Church is only for his family and noone supports him? Oh... I see.... I just destroyed your comparison? yeah... looks like I did.

Even then, how can you compare a guy who bum bum buuuuuuuum PROTESTS to people who murder Catholic Nuns and Chop the heads off of School girls to prove a point? you cant, case in point. Good day sir.

Adrenochrome
03-Oct-2006, 04:06 PM
How many people in Fred phelps "Church"? How many Christians support Fred Phelps? Wait, his Church is only for his family and noone supports him? Oh... I see.... I just destroyed your comparison? yeah... looks like I did.

Even then, how can you compare a guy who bum bum buuuuuuuum PROTESTS to people who murder Catholic Nuns and Chop the heads off of School girls to prove a point? you cant, case in point. Good day sir.

it's an example of hate, kid. Calm down there, Spitfire.:rolleyes:
and, what about those Christians that have killed or beaten the abortion doctors over the years?
Or, those Christians that want to control the Government? Sure, they're not slamming planes into buildings, but, it IS a kind of "terrorism", IMHO.

Khardis
03-Oct-2006, 04:25 PM
it's an example of hate, kid. Calm down there, Spitfire.:rolleyes:
and, what about those Christians that have killed or beaten the abortion doctors over the years?
Or, those Christians that want to control the Government? Sure, they're not slamming planes into buildings, but, it IS a kind of "terrorism", IMHO.

Again, you have to go back to the culture and the individual. When you see a Christian commit a crime in the name of God, (EXTREAMILY rare) you dont see for example groups of Christians dancing in the street screaming God is Great. Thats a major difference here. Thats what makes us civilized and them a bunch of barbarians.

Wanting to control government is not a terrorist activity, unless youre calling Democrats terrorists, they are trying to get power in the government to control it etc.

Unless youre calling homosexuals terrorists because they want to control the government. Even though there are and have been homosexuals who commit terrorist acts.

There is this sick need to draw a moral equivalence between us and terrorists that exists in the West. I dont know what it is, but its weak at best.

Andy
03-Oct-2006, 04:29 PM
Reporting news is one thing, but flaming another religion or inciting flames against another religion are not allowed.

Several similar threads have already been closed by the moderators, another one opens up along these lines are people are going to be warned.