PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)

Rottedfreak
03-Oct-2006, 04:49 PM
The game consists of four "chapters", set in Resident Evil's mansion, Resident Evil 2's Raccoon Police Department, Resident Evil 3's city areas and Resident Evil 4's village (plus surrounding areas).
Each chapter has two characters to choose from. Resident Evil's Mansion has Jill and Chris as selectable characters. Resident Evil 2's RPD has Leon and Claire. Resident Evil 3's city areas has Jill and Carlos. Resident Evil 4's village has Leon and Ada.
Unlockable characters are said to include Rebecca Chambers, HUNK and Albert Wesker.
All characters will have melee attacks.
To encourage replayablility, each character will have strengths and weaknesses, similar to how in the Mercenaries minigame in Resident Evil 4, Ada had the least health, and Krauser was the slowest for example.
Each character has a unique set of weapons, but players may only carry two weapons at any one time.
You will be able to find several new weapons during each stage, which appear to be associated to that particular stage. For example, in the Resident Evil chapter, Richard's shotgun can be unlocked, whilst in Resident Evil 2, one can unlock the Desert Eagle gun, and in Resident Evil 4 's chapter, one can unlock the Chicago typewriter.
Similar to Devil May Cry 3, after each chapter you can save your data and any new weapons attained will be available for use in Arcade Mode, which will be like a bigger version of the Mercenaries minigame of Resident Evil 4
Scenario Mode will feature a large number of in-game cutscenes.
New content, not in the games that the chapters were based on, will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link Resident Evil 4, and the Umbrella Corporation's status in it, more closely with the rest of the series.

Things they should consider:
Streets of Racoon City playing Leon (after Resident evil 2) and Krauser (whom Leon met then) and part of a clean up crew with the US government.

Marvin Branagh and David Ford have to secure survivors in the RPD and kill off some zombies, show the events mentioned in the operation report that transpired on the 26th to the 28th.

Insight into Wesker.

Giving us a bit of Rockfort (Resident evil Code Veronica), Sheena island (Resident evil Survivor) and the Ecliptic Express (Resident Evil Zero) to play around in.

p2501
03-Oct-2006, 05:13 PM
I may just have to buy back into the RE series.

Danny
04-Oct-2006, 10:51 PM
id love to play as one of the r.c.p.d cops during the big barricade fight mentioned in the 2nd game and 3rd novel "but some asshole forgot to lock the garage gates", doesnt that allways happen in zombie situations?:D

Rottedfreak
05-Oct-2006, 10:40 AM
Cool little book that was too, it described the station as a dead place rather then zombie house. All Leon and Claire found were dozens of bullet ridden corpses strewn through all the rooms (thanks to the surviving RPD and Ada). There was also a watchdog present, Ted Martin, who was shot by his collueages, I wonder if they shot him because he was turning zombie or if they shot him because he was caught, confessed and then they did it for vengence.

One more thing the game could clear up is the dead Tyrants and US special forces at the rail cannon room in the Dead factory. I figured that the government shut down all White Umbrella operations in the US but not the world (hence the European labs, Sheena Island, Rockfort island, Antarctica facility).

Khardis
05-Oct-2006, 01:04 PM
Wow this sounds awsome! I cant wait for it...

anyone remember those tshirts they were giving away for Resident Evil 2 when it was 1st released? I still have mine somewhere :D

p2501
05-Oct-2006, 01:48 PM
id love to play as one of the r.c.p.d cops during the big barricade fight mentioned in the 2nd game and 3rd novel "but some asshole forgot to lock the garage gates", doesnt that allways happen in zombie situations?:D

I've been hoping for a game like this but set up like one of the "Battlefield" series.

Danny
06-Oct-2006, 06:36 PM
One more thing the game could clear up is the dead Tyrants and US special forces at the rail cannon room in the Dead factory. I figured that the government shut down all White Umbrella operations in the US but not the world (hence the European labs, Sheena Island, Rockfort island, Antarctica facility).

yeah a freind of mine, before i played resi was explaining to me the whole "before ,during and after" timeline of resi 2 and 3 and he said that was the tryant from resi 2 in claires storyline, but that doesnt figure out right, i guess its just a mystery.