PDA

View Full Version : OK... How bad was BloodRayne?

Neil
05-Oct-2006, 11:31 AM
I've not seem Uwe Boll's film, but everyone seems to suggest it's dire.... Yet, he's annouced a sequel!

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/04/uwe-boll-to-make-bloodrayne-2-anger-more-gamers/

Didn't the first one lose a lot of money?

Adrenochrome
05-Oct-2006, 11:35 AM
ooo, good question! I keep picking this up, sneering, setting it back on the shelf....

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2006, 11:45 AM
Lets just say it's just as good as any other of Uwe Boll's films.

Does that give you a clear picture? :lol:

...and if he did lose $ on the first one, how does it end up someone gives him money to do a second BR film? ack!

Neil
05-Oct-2006, 11:56 AM
I've never seen a Boll film! :)

DjfunkmasterG
05-Oct-2006, 11:57 AM
It's that German loophole for films that tank at the box office.

Something like you don't pay taxes on earnings or something. I forget what it was. I can't believe they are letting this man touch another film. I mean Ed Wood was a hack, but his films had a charm to them... extra cheese if you please. This clown's stuff is beyond bad. I mean how can a film suck so bad is beyond me... I thought Black Eagle with Van Damne and Sho Kosugi was as bad as they come... That was until I had watched Children of the Living Dead... then I thought "This is a the biggest pile of cow feces I have ever seen." That lasted until I watch House of the Dead.

I forgive Children... because it had a $500,000 budget, still crap, but sucked none the less. House of the Dead had a $10,000,000 budget and had no excuse to be as piss poor as it is... I mean WTF were they thinking when they sat down to release that turd. If I was sega, I would have choked the crap out of that man.

At least House of the Dead 2, was a little better. Still piss poor, but better.

bassman
05-Oct-2006, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing "Bloodrayne" if for nothing else but the eye candy. That Kristanna Loken girl is freaking hot. She's also in Bowl's next film, "In The Name of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale" with Burt Reynolds and Ray Liotta.

....Have these people never watched his other films?:confused:

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2006, 12:22 PM

You're a lucky somebody, that's all i've got to say.. :lol: :lol:

Bunker65
05-Oct-2006, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing "Bloodrayne" if for nothing else but the eye candy. That Kristanna Loken girl is freaking hot. She's also in Bowl's next film, "In The Name of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale" with Burt Reynolds and Ray Liotta.

....Have these people never watched his other films?:confused:

Believe me, the eye candy doesn't even help this film :|. I would recommend slamming your head into a wall for about an hour & a half. Your time would be better spent doing that then watching Bloodrayne :shifty:.

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2006, 12:31 PM
:lol:

I think that goes for just about any Boll film, doesn't it Bunker? :D

Bunker65
05-Oct-2006, 12:44 PM

I think that goes for just about any Boll film, doesn't it Bunker? :D

This is true :). I guess I didn't need to point that out :D.

Just make sure you have some aspirin available to deal with the mild headache :). Although, the headache would be worth not having to watch the Boll films :elol:.

Neil
05-Oct-2006, 12:46 PM
Believe me, the eye candy doesn't even help this film :|. I would recommend slamming your head into a wall for about an hour & a half. Your time would be better spent doing that then watching Bloodrayne :shifty:.

My God! I have to watch it now!

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2006, 01:52 PM

It's like a car wreck, Neil.. you don't want to look at it but you just....can't...help.. it. :D

p2501
05-Oct-2006, 02:02 PM

i think it's best you simply maintain that streak.

I've seen Three Boll films, and you've missed exactly...... nothing.

DjfunkmasterG
05-Oct-2006, 02:58 PM
The man is better off just leaving the lense cap on and filming everything in complete darkness with sound only. Then roll the film for 2 hours and let audiences make up their own story.

Neil
05-Oct-2006, 03:21 PM
Surely his films cannot compete with Ice Pirates (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087451/). That was sooo bad it was kinda good!

p2501
05-Oct-2006, 03:40 PM
Surely his films cannot compete with Ice Pirates (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087451/). That was sooo bad it was kinda good!

the thing is Ice pirates, had some element of Charm to it.

Boll films, are just horrible. if you wnat a comparison, to perhaps a better classifiaction of his films. have you ever seen any of those "made for "Sci-fi" original" movies.

Boll's films are worse than that.

If you have to see one, i reccomend Alone in the drak, it's horrible. but somehow watchable.

Graebel
05-Oct-2006, 04:21 PM
If you have to see one, i reccomend Alone in the dark, it's horrible. but somehow watchable.

I still think I'm psychologically scarred from that movie. That trashy actress with orange skin playing a phD opposite Christian Slater? :barf:

p2501
05-Oct-2006, 04:33 PM
I still think I'm psychologically scarred from that movie. That trashy actress with orange skin playing a phD opposite Christian Slater? :barf:

Yay tara reid, the pentulitmate in white trash boozehounds.

AitD was i think completely incomprehensible. i've seen it twice and still a good portion of the film makes no logical sense.

Neil
08-Oct-2006, 07:10 PM
I watched it, and though it was average fair... By no means particularly good film making, but by no means worse than alot of other stuff out there...

Don't think it deservers some of comments I've read about it implying Boll is like the anti-christ or something... :clown:

LouCipherr
09-Oct-2006, 12:01 PM
Don't think it deservers some of comments I've read about it implying Boll is like the anti-christ or something... :clown:

That's because you haven't seen "House of the Dead" yet :lol: :lol:

Once you do, you'll understand. :D

DjfunkmasterG
09-Oct-2006, 12:05 PM
everything Uwe Boll touches turns to crap. Literally, the man is a hack. I would say Ed Wood is worse, but at least his films have a sense of charm to them. This guys stuff is just so horrid it makes LAND of the DEAD look Oscar worthy. :D