PDA

View Full Version : Gwar "Beyond Hell"

zombiguts
05-Oct-2006, 06:56 PM
I have been a huge Gwar fan since my early days in High School. The first two records I ever owned by them were; "This Toilet Earth" and "America Must Be Destroyed". Ever since then I have enjoyed all of their releases, but not near as much as the older records. Once "Violence Has Arrived" was released, my love for all things Gwar grew and that quickly became my favorite record.

Now with the latest release of "Beyond Hell", I can honestly say I now have a new favorite Gwar record. They have really outdone themselves this time around. The jist of this record goes something like this...

Gwar are now in HELL and are ready to do battle with Satan!

The most solid tracks on this record (for me) are; "Murder's Muse", "Go To Hell", "Tormentor", "The Ultimate Bohab" and "The One That Will Not Be Named".

All of the songs are solid, NO filler at all (which doesn't happen too often nowadays) Vokilly Oderus is on top of his game here, and the production is so ****ing solid! A total skull crushing album.

Feel free to post your Opinions and/or Questions?

Purge
05-Oct-2006, 10:58 PM
They're gonna be playing here in a couple of weeks as part of the Rock & Shock convention. (http://www.rockandshock.com/) I hear their live shows are insane.

MikePizzoff
06-Oct-2006, 12:16 AM
My ex girlfriend was completely obsessed with them. She saw them every time they came around, owned all of their full-length films (watched all at least once a month), every album, was in the fan-club, had lots of memorabilia, etc.

I was never too big on them. Especially after dating her; she really ruined them for me. But she did make me go see them once and it was one of the coolest stage shows I've ever seen. Even if you're not into their music you can still have fun just watching their antics/cool props and getting sprayed with lots of fake blood & semen.

Arcades057
06-Oct-2006, 12:23 AM
HELL yeah! Gwar kicks ass.