PDA

View Full Version : diary pushed back GEORGE HOSTPITALIZED?????

sirjacktorrance
05-Oct-2006, 11:18 PM
BAD NEWS GUYS!!!!:( :( :( :( :(

acording to BD:

Night of the Living Dead Director George A. Romero collapsed last week and was hospitalized. No word yet on the reason for the collapse, but it doesn't look good as the start date for Diary of the Dead has been pushed back two months. In addition, he has also canceled his personal appearances for the next couple of months, therefor he won't be appearing at Eerie or Shock and Rock. Inside we have a little note from Chris Roe that gives a little more confirmation to this horrible news...

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7370

axlish
06-Oct-2006, 12:17 AM
This is no good.

Get well soon George, we'll all be thinking about you. :(

thxleo
06-Oct-2006, 12:34 AM
This is no good.

Get well soon George, we'll all be thinking about you. :(

Agreed

Maitreya
06-Oct-2006, 04:35 AM
Oh man, I hope to God it isn't his smoking finally catching up to him...

What would we do if he died?

Moon Knight
06-Oct-2006, 06:13 AM
Get well, GAR. /salute

Blair
06-Oct-2006, 07:02 AM
I just hope this is not serious.

sirjacktorrance
06-Oct-2006, 09:48 AM
Oh man, I hope to God it isn't his smoking finally catching up to him...

What would we do if he died?
for god sake !! donīt think of that yet!!

DeadCentral
06-Oct-2006, 10:05 AM
No disrespect to George on this because I want him well & I want Diary to be made, but the guys over at bloody disgusting are freakin jokes....that same post has been listed on the Rock & SHock page for over 3 days now and it was never announced anyplace else...
They act like they're bringing us some hot new news or something.
One of my friends, Kevin B, is the guy who put Rock & Shock together and he informed me of this at the beginning of the week & it's been displayed on the R&S page (http://www.rockandshock.com/guests2006sofar.htm)all week long ...
Thanks for the "Scoop" B-D.com...friggin knobs....

sirjacktorrance
06-Oct-2006, 11:34 AM
does anybody know what is the reason of that collapse??
I think it could be something relating to his heart as the doctors have told him not to travel...I hope he will be fine soon to finish another zombie masterpiece...

Danny
06-Oct-2006, 07:08 PM
does anybody know what is the reason of that collapse?? .

...zombie bite?

sirjacktorrance
06-Oct-2006, 11:03 PM
hey man , thatīs not funny,:( not today.

Monrozombi
07-Oct-2006, 01:01 AM
I got word today from George's Manager Chris that George is doing fine, the media blew it out of proportion, he has talked to George 4 times this week and he has been in meetings pertaining to Diary, all is well with him guys, I promise, I will pass along word to his manager that people were worried bout him whether it was true or not

sirjacktorrance
07-Oct-2006, 11:19 AM
:D :D thatīs good!!i hope they can made the movie soon.!!

DeadCentral
07-Oct-2006, 01:37 PM
Updated news on George as of 10/7/2006 Managers response (http://dead-central.com/news.php?readmore=15)

sirjacktorrance
07-Oct-2006, 06:13 PM
:) :) :) :) :)

MikePizzoff
10-Oct-2006, 06:16 AM
Updated news on George as of 10/7/2006 Managers response (http://dead-central.com/news.php?readmore=15)

Phwew. I was getting really nervous.

_liam_
15-Oct-2006, 02:43 AM
it wont be the cigs, he quit in the mid 80s as i understand it, should be ok by now.
best wishes to him all the same

DeadCentral
15-Oct-2006, 03:15 AM
You heard wrong Liam, the man smokes like a chimney, drinks gallons of coffee and eats more McDonalds food than my teenage kids...
He's in his mid 70's , on a constant foxtrot ...he needs to slow things down, relax and take it easy for a lil bit, then tackle Diary.

capncnut
15-Oct-2006, 03:45 AM
Great news. It's bulls**t when the media overblow things 'cos I was quite worried about this. It's nice to hear that he's up and working on DiOTD already!

bub21
21-Oct-2006, 05:45 PM
this is just like the ****ing 'george walking off the set' rumors that went around with land. The media tried to make it seem like he walked off set because he was sick. I'm suprised rumors weren't spread that he died. Get well GAR

sirjacktorrance
21-Oct-2006, 07:40 PM
i think he walk off the set for real. he get angry with the studio cause thereīs over two units shooting film without his supervision.thatīs what i heard..

Cody
22-Oct-2006, 04:40 AM
George smokes cigs?

capncnut
22-Oct-2006, 06:17 AM
George smokes cigs?

Afraid so Cody. Mr Romero leaves such a thick trail of cigarette smoke behind him that if he were chased by a pack of ravenous zombies, he'd have absolutely NO CHANCE of shaking them off...

...he'd be a good distraction unit though! :D

Bubdotd
23-Oct-2006, 01:13 PM
I got word today from George's Manager Chris that George is doing fine, the media blew it out of proportion, he has talked to George 4 times this week and he has been in meetings pertaining to Diary, all is well with him guys, I promise, I will pass along word to his manager that people were worried bout him whether it was true or not

thank god....i almost had a heart attack.:eek:

Cody
23-Oct-2006, 02:33 PM
huh had no idea he smoke cigs, well another little detail I learned

bassman
23-Oct-2006, 02:36 PM
huh had no idea he smoke cigs, well another little detail I learned

Never seen any interviews or anything? Seems to me that he just about always has one. Watch the special features on the Land DVD and you'll see him puffing away.

suicide22
28-Oct-2006, 12:26 PM
Sorry to here that... I hope he gets better!

GEORGE YOU ARE MISSED!!!:bored: :shifty: :p

jdog
29-Oct-2006, 04:09 PM
get well soon george, i'll be praying for you.

coma
29-Oct-2006, 05:36 PM
He's in his mid 70's , on a constant foxtrot ...he needs to slow things down, relax and take it easy for a lil bit, then tackle Diary.

His Birthday is February 4th 1940 which is Mid 60s. Just pointing out a small mistake

DeadCentral
30-Oct-2006, 01:31 AM
66 to be exact Coma, thanks bud , my mistake...:D