PDA

View Full Version : zombie survival 101

Pushead Jim
08-Oct-2006, 12:55 AM
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2005/4/18/153047/155
this is a older article but still contains some useful information. I think a group of 20 or less might be able to take and hold a "box "type store.more than 50 people and i think food, water, and sanitation quickly become an issue. I think you would need a strong ,ruthless Rhodes or Kaufman type leader to pull this off. Some one willing to barricade the doors and let that bus full of seniors in the parking lot die because there is just "no more room". your thoughts?

Danny
08-Oct-2006, 11:45 AM
^ exactly!:shifty:

Wooley
08-Oct-2006, 07:45 PM
Another "Take over a Mart store and survive in style" article.

Did this guy stop to think that everyone and their freakin' mother will have had the same idea? And that there wouldn't be anything in that Box Mart worth having once the hordes of looters, panic shoppers, or even government FEMA types get done?

Hasn't this guy seen ANY footage of what the stores along the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts look like when a hurricane approaches? Everyone heads on down to the Box Mart and loads up with whatever they can get a hold of, stripping the shelves bare in a matter of hours.

Doesn't this guy know that the government does have the power to 'requisition' supplies 'for the public good'? Meaning a convoy of National Guard trucks shows up and they load up all that food, water, ammo, medical supplies, and everything else that makes the "Hole up in a Box Mart" plan so tempting to survival newbs.

The only thing people trying to make a Box Mart their own are going to find is empty shelves, and a lot of zombies, and probably death.

Maitreya
08-Oct-2006, 08:43 PM
Yea, an entertaining read at best...

But you'd really be better off pre-stocking a place up in the middle of nowhere.

And he doesn't know the primary tagline for Dawn, as DoomOnYou said!

Chakobsa
08-Oct-2006, 11:37 PM
The most realistic course of action I think would be to keep quiet, keep your group small and keep moving unless your stronghold has not been spotted by anyone else, living or dead.
The whole shopping mall idea is a deadend, literally and figuratively. Remember, Romero used the mall as a satirical device in order to say something about the human condition. It would be a bad choice as a refuge. Very bad.
Oh yeah, forgot to add; getting the quote wrong is bad, very bad.....:shifty: :evil:

:D

Deadman_Deluxe
09-Oct-2006, 07:06 PM
I stopped reading after 21 words ...

First things first, you have to know your enemy. Zombies come in two flavors: fast and slow. Fast are definitely cool ...

I did however scroll down a bit where i found this little nugget ...

This is one I've never figured out. Zombification occurs shortly after being bit by a zombie ...

Before finally closing the page, deleting IE and firefox along with my entire internet history, turning off my PC, cancelling my broadband subscription, and placing my head inside a faulty gas oven :lol:

Head Shotz
09-Oct-2006, 08:10 PM
Ha, ha, Ha! After all of the comments posted after that link.............Pass.

creepntom
09-Oct-2006, 08:51 PM
there's 4 movies that taught us how to survive

i'll stick with those before i listen to this dude who can't even get a simple quote right :rolleyes: