PDA

View Full Version : plane crashes in NYC, yankee pitcher killed

darth los
11-Oct-2006, 09:44 PM
i live in the city so you know the first thing i thought of was terrorists. Thank god it wasn't, but life was lost so it's still a tragedy. I don't know what to make of it, but i kept thinking that if the yankees had won their series against detroit, Corey lidle never would have been in that plane. He would have had to remain with the team to prepare for the next game. Makes you wonder about life. The man was only 34 and a millionaire. I feel for his family.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15223650/

coma
11-Oct-2006, 09:59 PM
If he crashed into MY apt, I would just be pissed at him for flying over such a heavily populated area. I feel bad for his family, but thats a real sucker move. I dont want to sound heartless, but it is. I think 3 others got killed too. I think he didnt have his liscence, so he might have not been flying, maybe it was his instructer whos the sucker.
I still remember when that happened to Thurman Munson, who I was a big fan of. That really bummed me out back then.

and..uh..
LETS GO METS!
God, I hate the yankees:eek:

MikePizzoff
11-Oct-2006, 11:26 PM
I was at the very last game he pitched for the Phillies.

RIP Corey Lidle.

p2501
11-Oct-2006, 11:44 PM
he wasn't ILS rated.
he was flying in poor weather conditions, over a populated area.
he's dead.
good.

darwin +1
dip**** massess 0

MikePizzoff
12-Oct-2006, 12:59 AM
he wasn't ILS rated.
he was flying in poor weather conditions, over a populated area.
he's dead.
good.

darwin +1
dip**** massess 0

That's pretty messed up. He had his pilot license and was with an instructor. **** happens.

It's not like he had never flown a plane.

p2501
12-Oct-2006, 01:28 PM
That's pretty messed up. He had his pilot license and was with an instructor. **** happens.

It's not like he had never flown a plane.

no it's not. he wasn't ILS certified, and he was flying in detoriating weather conditions. Unless the plane suffered a mechanical error, it crashed due to operator error.

which that crash killed atleast 2 innocent people, becasue the operator was in effect a moron.

Bunker65
12-Oct-2006, 03:17 PM
I was at the very last game he pitched for the Phillies.

RIP Corey Lidle.

I was at the last game he started on September 26th versus the Orioles:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3668/dsc00970yp4.th.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00970yp4.jpg)

My sympathies go out to everyone that was touched by this terrible accident :(.

no it's not. he wasn't ILS certified, and he was flying in detoriating weather conditions. Unless the plane suffered a mechanical error, it crashed due to operator error.

which that crash killed atleast 2 innocent people, becasue the operator was in effect a moron.

Before jumping to conclusions maybe everyone should wait until the NTSB findings on the crash are revealed. No one knows what the cause of the crash was at this time so saying it was pilot error & that he was a moron is a bit premature.

Yes, he was not ILS certified & the weather conditions were pretty bad. But he did have a qualified flight instructor with him in the plane. If it was that bad I'm sure the instructor would have taken over.

Again, we have no idea what happened so I think it's a bit early to be blaming Cory Lidle & calling him a moron.

If it turns out he was hotdogging it & screwed the pooch & the crash was due to pilot error then yes, he can be called a moron. Until then I think a little leeway should be given.

It was a terrible accident but thankfully more people weren't hurt or killed. While it was bad it could have been much worse. I know that doesn't ease the suffering of the family & friends of those involved but it can hopefully be of some comfort in the future.

AssassinFromHell
12-Oct-2006, 06:31 PM
One thing that really bothers me about the terrorist thought. Who, with any grain of strategic intelligence would plan to intimidate the world's strongest nation by driving a small personal plane into a Manhattan condominium?

And eh, yea, the Mets will be going into their off season coma soon. Go Trasc...no, he's gone for family reasons. Go Martin...he's a damn gimp. Go Hernand...another gimp. Go Mai...he's too undeveloped. Ummm....Cliff Floyd? :D

Corey Lidle will be missed. I liked how he called out Barroids. I liked everything else about him. He seemed like a carefree guy (he should teach the pussy metro on third base in the Bronx). Rest in peace. Yankee nation remembers.

thxleo
12-Oct-2006, 07:32 PM

The NTSB has just begun their investigation, but somehow you have all the answers already.
I've always thought you were a classless jerkoff, but now I know for sure.

MaximusIncredulous
12-Oct-2006, 10:43 PM
ILS? IFR. ILS is a landing system.

Conditions were VFR leaning towards MVFR at the time so the IFR rating is besides the point at the time of the crash. Although why someone would pick such a crappy day for "sightseeing" is beyond me. Then again flying can be a bitch of an addiction for some.

MikePizzoff
13-Oct-2006, 11:35 AM
ILS? IFR. ILS is a landing system.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Just didn't have the balls to post it in case there is something else that ILS also stands for.