PDA

View Full Version : Old Stats

Philly_SWAT
15-Mar-2006, 12:11 PM
So I was wondering.....it sucks that we lost our old "Stats" when we switched over to this new forum. I thought that I usually had intelligent, thoughtful posts. I read just about everything, but only posted when I had something to say. So it took me a lot longer to achieve higher "stats" (by stats I mean, fresh meat, newly dead, walking corpse, etc.) If there any way to get those old stats attached to our current profile, or are they lost forever? Also, how does the new "stats" work on this forum....more posts + higher stats?

Andy
15-Mar-2006, 08:56 PM
unfortunatly the old titles and ranks are gone.

but your title and rank (the http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/images/ranks/star.gif image) are both based on your postcount yes.

(except for admins and mods :p)

glsjaw
16-Mar-2006, 12:27 AM
i quess its time to start the rebuild again, as the old faces stay and YES we can watch all the idiots come and go

Philly_SWAT
16-Mar-2006, 09:14 AM
I wonder if I should become a posting madman, regardless of the quality of the content. I notice many in the past did it that way.....

deadwrtr
16-Mar-2006, 11:47 AM
I wonder if I should become a posting madman, regardless of the quality of the content. I notice many in the past did it that way.....

...and their reps proceed them. You're better off just continuing the way you have been. Insightful and intelligent. Your posts in the past (at the old board) generated well thought out responses on occasion, so why mess up a good thing?

I was upset too when we had to start all over. I worked hard to get where I was! But in the end, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Post by post, you'll earn it back.

Unless, of course, Neil decides to create another vboard. If that happens, I think I'll just lurk.

MinionZombie
16-Mar-2006, 12:37 PM
Indeed, they're long gone, but I went over to the old forum and took a screen cap of my stats and put that in my User CP - click my name and check it out.

Of course, that doesn't include the 3 years I posted on the old school DiscussionApp board waaaaaay back in the day.

Philly_SWAT
16-Mar-2006, 01:33 PM
That is cool! I would like to do the same thing....how did you take the "screen cap"? Did you take a digital pic of it, or some other way? If some other way, please let me know how!

MinionZombie
16-Mar-2006, 04:38 PM
I visited the old GD forum, found one of my posts, pressed the "Prt Scr" key on my keyboard, opened up MS Paint and pressed CTRL+V (to paste). Then I cut out the section I wanted (my stats) and saved that as an image file - then uploaded it to my User CP for my "profile picture" (as opposed to my avatar).

Hope this helps.

Philly_SWAT
17-Mar-2006, 04:17 AM
Indeed it does! Mission accomplished. Thanks!