PDA

View Full Version : Nicotero no-shows Screamfest

Philly_SWAT
15-Oct-2006, 04:22 AM
That really sucked, I was looking forward to meeting him. I did get to meet Tom Savini, Tony Todd, Ken Foree, Bill Hinzman, and a whole bunch of people that have been in various Friday the 13th movies. Anyone else here go to Screamfest this weekend?

capncnut
15-Oct-2006, 04:45 AM
I live in the UK so I had no hope. It's good to see that some of the more mature legends like Bill Hinzman are still making these conventions. Bummer about Nicotero though.

DeadCentral
15-Oct-2006, 11:44 AM
Pictures Philly, PICTURES !!!!

Philly_SWAT
16-Oct-2006, 01:38 AM
Pictures Philly, PICTURES !!!!
Let's see if this works.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/Philly_SWAT/Screamfest/EvanwithBillHinzman.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/Philly_SWAT/Screamfest/EvanwithTomSavini.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/Philly_SWAT/Screamfest/EvanwithTonyTodd.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/Philly_SWAT/Screamfest/EvanwithKenForee.jpg

capncnut
16-Oct-2006, 01:44 AM
Let's see if this works.

Sure does. Savini, Foree and Hinzman... LEGENDS! Thanks for sharing that with us brother.

DeadCentral
16-Oct-2006, 01:47 AM
That works Philly..... great pics man!!

Neil
16-Oct-2006, 08:52 PM
GOD! Bill looks JUST like he did 40 years ago!!! You know what they should do!? They should film some new scenes with him and put them back into the original Night! No one will be able to tell the difference!!

bassman
16-Oct-2006, 08:56 PM
GOD! Bill looks JUST like he did 40 years ago!!! You know what they should do!? They should film some new scenes with him and put them back into the original Night! No one will be able to tell the difference!!

:lol:

For some reason it's really strange and funny to me that Hinzman actually showed as the cemetary zombie.:rockbrow:

Philly_SWAT
16-Oct-2006, 09:45 PM
:lol:

For some reason it's really strange and funny to me that Hinzman actually showed as the cemetary zombie.:rockbrow:
Well, I asked him about that. He said that he was in some play (a "Night play"?!?) right before a different convention in the past. His wife told him that since he already had the zombie costume, why not wear it to the convention? He said that is why he was dressed up like that, due his wife's suggestion at a previous con. I wish I would have asked what play he was in to have the exact costume from Night.

Debbieangel
16-Oct-2006, 11:08 PM
wowwww Philly... cool pics!!! LUCKY YOU!!
Thanks for sharing the pics!!

capncnut
16-Oct-2006, 11:28 PM

Didn't they already do this with the 30th Anniversary Edition of Night?

thxleo
16-Oct-2006, 11:56 PM
That really sucked, I was looking forward to meeting him. I did get to meet Tom Savini, Tony Todd, Ken Foree, Bill Hinzman, and a whole bunch of people that have been in various Friday the 13th movies. Anyone else here go to Screamfest this weekend?

He cancelled because he had to go back to Austin for some reshoots on "Grindhouse". He didn't "no show" as you put it.

axlish
17-Oct-2006, 02:56 AM
He cancelled because he had to go back to Austin for some reshoots on "Grindhouse". He didn't "no show" as you put it.

Easy there tiger LOL.

Greg will show up to ANY convention if he isn't working, afterall he is the ultimate fanboy. If he wasn't there, it was for a damn good reason. Seriously, create a convention yourself and Greg will show :)

Philly_SWAT
17-Oct-2006, 03:23 AM

I dont begrudge him not showing up if he had to work, but if someone not showing up isnt a "no show", then what is?

thxleo
17-Oct-2006, 03:30 AM
I dont begrudge him not showing up if he had to work, but if someone not showing up isnt a "no show", then what is?

Well I guess I would define a "no show" as you just don't show up and don't give any notice to anyone. "Cancelling" on the other hand is when you notify the convention that you cannot make it due to scheduling conflicts. Do you think there is a difference between those?

Philly_SWAT
17-Oct-2006, 04:00 AM
Well I guess I would define a "no show" as you just don't show up and don't give any notice to anyone. "Cancelling" on the other hand is when you notify the convention that you cannot make it due to scheduling conflicts. Do you think there is a difference between those?

Yes there is a difference between the two. I would ask however, how do you know that he informed the show organizers that he wasnt going to be there? I am not saying that he did or didnt, that I dont know. I do know that there was no mention of the "cancelation" of the screamfest website, his picture and information was still there, and there was no sign or anything at the convention displaying that he wasnt going to be there. If someone went to the show with the express purpose of meeting Greg, they would have not found out until after they had already purchased their ticket and discovered that he wasnt inside. I asked several people where he was, and no one knew. The only way I found out for sure that he wasnt there was I asked Bill Hinzman if he had seen him, and he said no, that he didnt show up (and yes, Hinzman used the words "didnt show up", not cancelled). Of course, Bill Hinzman is not an expert on Greg Nicotero, nor was he an event organizer, so he wouldnt necesarily know if Greg cancelled or not.

And even if Greg called the event organizers to express regret about having to cancel, they did not publicize this fact, so for me as just an attendee, from my stand point it was that he "no-showed", whether he called to cancel or not.

And thirdly, I think that the headline " Nicotero no-shows Screamfest" is a better headline and attracks more attention that "Nicotero cancels Screamfest appearance". Maybe i was influenced by the fact that I work for a newspaper. In any event, I meant no disrespect towards Greg Nicotero or thxleo.

thxleo
17-Oct-2006, 04:46 AM
Yes there is a difference between the two. I would ask however, how do you know that he informed the show organizers that he wasnt going to be there? I am not saying that he did or didnt, that I dont know. I do know that there was no mention of the "cancelation" of the screamfest website, his picture and information was still there, and there was no sign or anything at the convention displaying that he wasnt going to be there. If someone went to the show with the express purpose of meeting Greg, they would have not found out until after they had already purchased their ticket and discovered that he wasnt inside. I asked several people where he was, and no one knew. The only way I found out for sure that he wasnt there was I asked Bill Hinzman if he had seen him, and he said no, that he didnt show up (and yes, Hinzman used the words "didnt show up", not cancelled). Of course, Bill Hinzman is not an expert on Greg Nicotero, nor was he an event organizer, so he wouldnt necesarily know if Greg cancelled or not.

And even if Greg called the event organizers to express regret about having to cancel, they did not publicize this fact, so for me as just an attendee, from my stand point it was that he "no-showed", whether he called to cancel or not.

And thirdly, I think that the headline " Nicotero no-shows Screamfest" is a better headline and attracks more attention that "Nicotero cancels Screamfest appearance". Maybe i was influenced by the fact that I work for a newspaper. In any event, I meant no disrespect towards Greg Nicotero or thxleo.

Well I'm glad you meant no disrespect. :rolleyes:
And how do I know he cancelled? Because he told me he did in a conversation we had via email.

capncnut
17-Oct-2006, 05:14 AM
Hehe. :D

DVW5150
20-Oct-2006, 08:20 AM
They all look like they're doin' fine ... wish I could've gone . :skull: