PDA

View Full Version : How many people believe in god?

MikePizzoff
16-Oct-2006, 11:37 PM
Simple question. Simple answers. No dumb debates and flame-wars, here. Just curious.

capncnut
16-Oct-2006, 11:40 PM
HELL no! :D

MikePizzoff
16-Oct-2006, 11:40 PM
HELL no! :D

We're on the same team.

Khardis
16-Oct-2006, 11:59 PM
Theres definatly something out there. Nothing leaves nothing. Scientifically speaking.

kortick
17-Oct-2006, 12:16 AM
of course there is a god

and yes i am him

thanks for the interest

no but actually I am a believer
it doesnt surprise me that people dont
beleive in God

i fear the black sabbath quote is a little
too accurate:

"won't you help me mr jesus
wont you tell me if you can
when you see this world we live in
do you still believe in man"

athiesm is a popular thing
it is much more difficult to
beleive than it is to doubt

free will is truly that
as a believer i do not condemn
anyone who chooses not to beleive
nor to i look to convert anyone

Debbieangel
17-Oct-2006, 12:54 AM
No debate here ..yeppers I BELIEVE in God !!!!

capncnut
17-Oct-2006, 01:07 AM
I gots a feeling God's gonna win this one...

VegoTheUnholy
17-Oct-2006, 01:45 AM
Don't believe. But hell is starting to sound like a good deal.

Minerva_Zombi
17-Oct-2006, 02:49 AM
Yeah no God, logically thinking the whole thing is rediculous. More and more scientists continuosly disprove the bible and the isdea of God every day.

Terran
17-Oct-2006, 02:51 AM
Yeah no God, logically thinking the whole thing is rediculous.

*shakes head about spelling and grammer*....For shame :rolleyes:

MikePizzoff
17-Oct-2006, 03:12 AM
*shakes head about spelling and grammer*....For shame :rolleyes:

*Shakes head at the mis-spelling of grammar* :lol: :D

Terran
17-Oct-2006, 03:14 AM
Bwhaha....thatll teach me to respond so quickly....Muahaha

http://www.nataliedee.com/011606/nerds.jpg

Maitreya
17-Oct-2006, 04:34 AM
I personally do...

Because I really don't see how everything just happened. There HAD to be something creating everything.

deadpunk
17-Oct-2006, 04:40 AM
Nope. Evolutionism, of course.

capncnut
17-Oct-2006, 04:45 AM
there may be a greater power but "it" has no idea we even exist... one thing my college major (astro physics) taught me is that the universe is so huge, we are barely able to even be regarded as molecules...

I'm not arrogant enough to believe a "god" that created the universe has an interest in all my wrongdoings or good deeds... we are worthless in the overall scheme of creation, that's reality... we could disappear completely and not even be missed

Well said. (Arthur C. Clarke has left the building!!!) :D

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2006, 11:20 AM
Looks like we've got a bunch of athiests here - like me, hehe.

LoSTBoY
17-Oct-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm Agnostic as I see Atheism as closed minded as most religions. :rolleyes:

I like DoomOnYou's theory, we are nothing but foamy spit on some fat guys chin.

Additional: Noone has chosen Satan yet, Gotten must not be around. :sneaky:

Danny
17-Oct-2006, 11:59 AM
though we could be either atoms in somethin ala men in black or an experiment by aliens though both sound nutty i highly believe its more likely than a bearded guy sitting watching us all jerk off and then sending us into eternal damnation for it.

god dont exist in my book, though if he did i bet he'd love table football.:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 12:15 PM
Ok... my feelings.. cause I know you all couldn't get through your day with hearing my 2 cents on the subject.

Once upon a time something made everything we see... the heavens, the earth, the trees and little bumble bee's. Now who was that mythical person? Was it god? maybe... do we know for sure? Nope

We have what history and a very lengthy book written in some form of broken english language (although a lot more english then some of the stuff I read on some messgae boards today... how did owned become pwned?) Anyway, this books tells us if we don't believe in god... we go to hell and suffer the wrath of Satan. If we believe in god and do everything to help our fellow man, we go to heaven... now let's look at the positives and negatives of both environments.

According to the bible:

Heaven is a place that is worry free. A kingdom of pleasantries and harmony

Hell is a place of fire and damnation/

According to the movies

Heaven is run by a god who likes to crack Ace Ventura Jokes and play practical pranks. Goes on vacation and lets someone like Jim Carrey take over for a week. Seems like a fun place, not too mention god is portrayed by one of cinema's greatest actors, Morgan Freeman. According to the movies heaven is a meca of sorts, and one of the angels just happens to be Reese Witherspoon, whom after have 3 kids in real life still has a smoking body.

Hell, is not the hell we are led to believe it is. It seems God and Satan have been duking it out for 2000+ Years and all Satan wants to do is put bliss on tap. He asks us to drop the bag of bricks that is guilt, and he dances around to Frank Sinatra tunes while one of his children is a hot shot lawyer whom moves from the oakie fanokies, to NYC to live in a high-rise while his hot ass wife goes ballistic and makes up crazy stuff in her head until she kills herself.

This SATAN also was one of the largest drug king pin's in Miami and couldn't stop saying F**K all the time, not too mention paraded around as a cop trying to stop DeNiro and company from robbing and LA bank. SO the question is... which entity do you want to hang out with.

See, heaven and hell is what you make of it. I do believe there is a greater power or something bigger than we will ever understand... is it god? Hell if I know, the question is, do I care? Well I think you decide what heaven and hell will be. If your dream is that when you pass on you will be taken to a field with dancing grass, and friendly butterflies... then when you take your final nap that is where you will go...

If you IDEA of hell is partying with a crooked faced kid named Nicky listening to Metallica, and drinking jack daniels while violating people with pineappales then that is your hell, unless you worship satan then it maybe you heaven.

Basically it is what you want it to be. Nothng more nothing less. Once you die... you rot inside a box 6 ft under the grass. In 1 year most people will forget about you, and maybe think about you once and a while, but mostly your just compost... you are not a special or unique snowflake. :D

LouCipherr
17-Oct-2006, 12:24 PM
Additional: Noone has chosen Satan yet, Gotten must not be around. :sneaky:

Y'know, I have to admit, I'm disappointed that more of you didn't vote for me. I mean, I know I exist.. you know I exist.. why do we care if there's a God anyway? As long as i'm here, everything will be juuuuuuuuust fine. :elol:

agnostic.. I like that. Count me in. ;)

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 12:48 PM
I said NO.
Reality makes more sense to me than some kind of "jack and the Beanstalk" story to spook me into knowing the difference between right and wrong, good or bad.
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing36.gif

p2501
17-Oct-2006, 01:00 PM
The flying Spaghetti monster Pwns your old and crusty dieties.

Y'know, I have to admit, I'm disappointed that more of you didn't vote for me. I mean, I know I exist.. you know I exist.. why do we care if there's a God anyway? As long as i'm here, everything will be juuuuuuuuust fine. :elol:

i'd vote for you, but you have to ask yourself, what have you doen for us? i'm not just arbitrarily voting for someone because they asked me to. i did that in 2000 and all i got for it was george bush.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 01:09 PM
The flying Spaghetti monster Pwns your old and crusty dieties.

i'd vote for you, but you have to ask yourself, what have you doen for us? i'm not just arbitrarily voting for someone because they asked me to. i did that in 2000 and all i got for it was george bush.

ZING...oooo BURN BABY BURN!

Lou says he will bring back Slick Willy and Monica so get in line to C'mon and Ride the Train.... choo choo ride it. :D whoooo whooooo

Philly_SWAT
17-Oct-2006, 01:10 PM
I can not vote in this poll. My view is not accurately conveyed by any of the choices listed.

LouCipherr
17-Oct-2006, 01:14 PM

Wait a second, I brought you Billary & Hillary Clinton, Monica Lewinsky, George Bush, and Al Gore... i've started war after war in - and you ask what i've done for you lately? Don't make me break out my pitchfork! I'll do it, I swear! :D

Sheesh.. no wonder God has such a hard time getting followers. He doesn't do anything but "watch" - I engage in every-day activities and still get no respect.

I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of deities! :lol:

p2501
17-Oct-2006, 01:34 PM
ZING...oooo BURN BABY BURN!

Lou says he will bring back Slick Willy and Monica so get in line to C'mon and Ride the Train.... choo choo ride it. :D whoooo whooooo

ugh, i hated clitler, and monica was ass of such substandardness, i can only refer to her as "truck stop"

I can not vote in this poll. My view is not accurately conveyed by any of the choices listed.

hence what the talkback is for.

Wait a second, I brought you Billary & Hillary Clinton, Monica Lewinsky, George Bush, and Al Gore... i've started war after war in - and you ask what i've done for you lately? Don't make me break out my pitchfork! I'll do it, I swear! :D

Sheesh.. no wonder God has such a hard time getting followers. He doesn't do anything but "watch" - I engage in every-day activities and still get no respect.

I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of deities! :lol:

hey all i'm asking for is some winning powerball numbers on the low-low.

Danny
17-Oct-2006, 01:52 PM

see told you in the other thread, galactus.:lol:

LouCipherr
17-Oct-2006, 01:53 PM
hey all i'm asking for is some winning powerball numbers on the low-low.

This could be arranged. Is it worth your soul? :elol: :D

_liam_
17-Oct-2006, 02:09 PM
i believe the organisms that exist on this planet are so complex compared to the relatively unsophisticated behaviours & organisations of matter that we observe elsewhere in the universe, that something else had a hand in the creation of life.

i point to the design argument; if you found a pocket watch in a field, something with many dozens of cooperating & moving parts, would you assume it just grew from the ground?

whether any religions have anything to do with this force/being, i honestly don't know, but i wouldn't have thought so. i can't see why there would be an afterlife either, but then a dog can't see how the picture gets to the TV, so maybe we simply cannot comprehend the deeper meaning behind existence.

EvilNed
17-Oct-2006, 02:15 PM
No, I don't believe in God. Nor do I believe that any of the religions on this world are right. Some of them are nice. But they're all bull****. Including Buddhism, which has become a trend to praise these days. I can tell you why, if you wish it.

I'm a historybuff. I know that around 2000 years ago, Jesus was crucified and claimed to be the son of god. But how come Jesus didn't spread christianity until then? I mean, why did God purposefully leave people in the dark until Jesus came around?

Just because we're western and are brought up on ideals very much founded on christianity, doesn't mean it's any more right than anything else. Charlemagne spread christianity through the way of the sword. He didn't convince people to convert, he gave them a choice: Convert or die. Most converted.

History tells us that before christianity was a big hit, Zoroastrianism was. Zoroastrianism holds as much truth as christianity, and the fact that both Judaism and Christianity has borrowed so much from the good ol' Z proves to me that alot of the thinking behind these, and every religion, is just human.

I believe in good morals, and being nice to people. So I'm not afraid of hell. If there is a god, he'll see me as a good person and I can go to heaven. I don't believe I have to go to church every sunday just to prove that I'm a nice guy. And if you think he doesn't like me dissing his religion, I think he'd realize that I'm only human. I have the power of complex thought and doubt, he would realize that I'm not perfect.

p2501
17-Oct-2006, 03:09 PM
This could be arranged. Is it worth your soul? :elol: :D

that's a loosing trade for you.

my eternal servitude is promised to another .....group.

but my soul is still up for grabs.

LouCipherr
17-Oct-2006, 03:19 PM
that's a loosing trade for you.

my eternal servitude is promised to another .....group.

but my soul is still up for grabs.

Hey, a soul is a soul is a soul and I'm taking all I can get. Winning the powerball is a small bit of happiness to trade for eternal damnation, but it's your choice... :D

Marie
17-Oct-2006, 03:23 PM
Yes I believe in God, and I have a personal relationship with HER.

M_

p2501
17-Oct-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey, a soul is a soul is a soul and I'm taking all I can get. Winning the powerball is a small bit of happiness to trade for eternal damnation, but it's your choice... :D

who said anyting about damnation? that's YOUR terminology... not mine.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 03:47 PM
for the winning powerball #'s on a $200 million jackpot with no other winners, just me. I would give up my left nut, right nut.. an ass cheek and my soul.

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 03:54 PM
for the winning powerball #'s on a $200 million jackpot with no other winners, just me. I would give up my left nut, right nut.. an ass cheek and my soul.

just "an" ass cheek?
you'd be all wobbly,then.
You'd be a Weeble!!!!
Look, it's Gary the Weeble!!!! (NOTE: had to doctor the pic a little ;) )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Tomar/peelabledadweeb25.jpg

LouCipherr
17-Oct-2006, 03:59 PM
who said anyting about damnation? that's YOUR terminology... not mine.

You have a point there. Ok, so you're going on a little 'vacation' after you win the powerball and die, is that better? :p :D

SOLD! To the bald guy whacked out on HPotD. Thanks for your business. :elol:

LoSTBoY
17-Oct-2006, 04:03 PM

I'll see you and raise you a thumb and my big toes. :)

Edit: damn, missed the bid. I hate ebay. :p

Terran
17-Oct-2006, 04:05 PM

M_

...Hmm a God with sexual organs?!....:clown:

Id hit that....I bet God would be a great lay....:shifty:

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 04:05 PM
I'll see you and raise you a thumb and my big toes. :)

Edit: damn, missed the bid. I hate ebay. :p

w00t! I WON I WON...

Now give me the muther-bleeping numbers, or you will know my name is the lord... when I lay my spanking upon you! :moon: :lol:

dmbfanintn
17-Oct-2006, 04:06 PM

M_

BAM, YES!!!! I have been waiting for that!!! I knew someone would come in with a feminine reference to God!!

This is one aspect of the whole "God" thing that has always amazed me. Why does God have to be a "he"? (Let me go ahead and state that I DO NOT believe in God, or Satan, I think to believe one, you MUST believe the other!)

anyway, why does it always have to be a he? Can God not be a woman? I do this from time to time when talking to my religious nutjob friends.

you would be surpised how pissed off some people get when you refer to God as a "She".

Why is that? Whay do people refuse to see god a feminine? I would think that god would not be defined as one gender or the other.

CrayyyZayyy world we live in, I guess!

bassman
17-Oct-2006, 04:24 PM
BAM, YES!!!! I have been waiting for that!!! I knew someone would come in with a feminine reference to God!!

This is one aspect of the whole "God" thing that has always amazed me. Why does God have to be a "he"? (Let me go ahead and state that I DO NOT believe in God, or Satan, I think to believe one, you MUST believe the other!)

anyway, why does it always have to be a he? Can God not be a woman? I do this from time to time when talking to my religious nutjob friends.

you would be surpised how pissed off some people get when you refer to God as a "She".

Why is that? Whay do people refuse to see god a feminine? I would think that god would not be defined as one gender or the other.

Yeah, I've done that before but they give me the whole "man was created in God's image and women were taken from man's rib" trip.

As far as my religion or whatever....well, I just try to be a good person and live a fun life. Much like dmbfan's quote from Marley. Good stuff.

Danny
17-Oct-2006, 04:28 PM
just "an" ass cheek?
you'd be all wobbly,then.
You'd be a Weeble!!!!
Look, it's Gary the Weeble!!!! (NOTE: had to doctor the pic a little ;) )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Tomar/peelabledadweeb25.jpg

"fresh from the set of deadlands...and missing his nuts and an ass cheek...":lol:

LoSTBoY
17-Oct-2006, 04:30 PM
w00t! I WON I WON...

Now give me the muther-bleeping numbers, or you will know my name is the lord... when I lay my spanking upon you! :moon: :lol:

I believe the deal was testicles first, then you get the 'balls'

*snare drum/clash*

Dropper
17-Oct-2006, 04:45 PM
It's my Creed... "Credo in unum Deum..."

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 05:27 PM

God is not technically either. If there is a god it wouldn't be male or female. Remember it is a being beyond our understanding, and the bible and all other religious books were written by man, edited by man, printed by man.

if the bible were revised today it would probably have a more motherly approach. Forget that noice bring back the old days of Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth. :lol:

Danny
17-Oct-2006, 05:33 PM
This is one aspect of the whole "God" thing that has always amazed me. Why does God have to be a "he"?

because how else could you exlpain to kids how he did the preverbiable monster mash with mary?:lol:

dmbfanintn
17-Oct-2006, 05:34 PM
God is not technically either. If there is a god it wouldn't be male or female. Remember it is a being beyond our understanding, and the bible and all other religious books were written by man, edited by man, printed by man.

if the bible were revised today it would probably have a more motherly approach. Forget that noice bring back the old days of Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth. :lol:

Now DJ, you know God is a White, Heterosexual, Non-Handicapped, Male who is about 65 - 70 years old, and owns plenty of stock in oil and pharmecuetical companies. that is why he can tell us what is right and what is wrong!

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 05:37 PM
Now DJ, you know God is a White, Heterosexual, Non-Handicapped, Male who is about 65 - 70 years old, and owns plenty of stock in oil and pharmecuetical companies. that is why he can tell us what is right and what is wrong!

To some people, God is "an absentee Landlord."

Graebel
17-Oct-2006, 05:48 PM
if the bible were revised today it would probably have a more motherly approach.

Screw that. Lets just take em out in the field and shoot em.
(Your certified motherly opinion.)

AGNOSTIC!!!!:moon:

Terran
17-Oct-2006, 05:50 PM
To some people, God is "an absentee Landlord."

ANd to others hes a Spaghetti Monster
http://www.inkycircus.com/photos/uncategorized/fsm_1.jpg

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 05:57 PM
So,......all of you that "believe"....
can you show me? or tell me?

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 06:01 PM

alright whip'em out.

anything less than 7.5" is disqualified...

I guess that takes all the white people on this board out of the running. :lol:

Terran
17-Oct-2006, 06:01 PM

http://www.redrag.net/uploads/spagmonstergame.jpg
and
http://hammeroftruth.com/images/articles/1244-flying_spaghetti_monster.jpg

You obviously want to believe in the all powerful and Omnipotent Spaghetti Monster
http://blogs.the-haleys.org/media/1/20051014-iwant2believe400x330.jpg

Dtothe3
17-Oct-2006, 06:53 PM
There is no God. Some people say God is too deep to find meaning in this world.

I politely disagree.

People, throughout their lives will try to find meaning in their everyday lives. If God is brought into the equasion, then the answers become simple. "It was Gods will". "He wanted it". People always want to find meaning. That's before you go back to the initial ways of the church "You can have salvation, if you pay". People could live their lives happily knowing their creator was looking after them, or putting the fear of God into them via a priest.

Minerva_Zombi
17-Oct-2006, 06:59 PM
www.whydoesntgodhealamputees.com

www.godisimaginary.com

bassman
17-Oct-2006, 07:33 PM

THIS is a God:

http://sa.nextwish.org/Animated/Ghost%20Busters/gozer.gif

"It...it's a girl"

"It's Gozer"

"I thought Gozer was a man?"

"It's whatever it want's to be."

MikePizzoff
17-Oct-2006, 08:33 PM
I said NO.
Reality makes more sense to me than some kind of "jack and the Beanstalk" story to spook me into knowing the difference between right and wrong, good or bad.

You always manage to keep yourself around the top of my list of favorite people on here.

I do NOT believe in God. That also means I don't believe in Satan; although I really enjoy, and agree with, a lot of satanism's morales/values/belief's (I'm sure a lot of you are misled by the general media and CHRISTIANITY of what these may be). I also won't touch any band that sings about God; but about 70% of the bands I listen to sing about/praise Satan.

If there really were a hell I wouldn't mind going to it. I mean, I already spend all of my time pissing whiskey and headbanging to Morbid Angel...

LoSTBoY
17-Oct-2006, 09:31 PM
that also means I don't believe in Satan; although I really enjoy, and agree with, a lot of satanism's morales/values/belief's (I'm sure a lot of you are misled by the general media and CHRISTIANITY of what these may be).

Same here man, my best mate is a Satanist but I do go by his philosophy of treating people as they treat you; to be ambitious and get as much as you can out of this life without hurting those who have not wronged you.

capncnut
17-Oct-2006, 10:31 PM

Do share Philly. Lemme strap in!

HLS
18-Oct-2006, 11:13 AM
I believe in god for people in my family have seen angels or had very amazing spiritual events in there lives. I also had amazing things happen, like walking away from an accident that i should have never been able to walk away from unscratched. yes I believe something out there is looking after us.
Also getting adrenochrome out of my life was a miricle . BWAAAAHAAAAA!
Sorry, i could not resist. i feel like being a smart ass this morning:D

Marie
18-Oct-2006, 11:36 AM

See Kevin Smith's Movie "Dogma" it has God appear as an old man then as a woman. Kinda glosses over the idea God can be who she wants to be for the story, but the point is made. As I understand it it upset quite a lot of people too. But think about it, God is loving and nurturing, doesn't that sound like a woman? :D

M_

LoSTBoY
18-Oct-2006, 12:08 PM
See Kevin Smith's Movie "Dogma" it has God appear as an old man then as a woman. Kinda glosses over the idea God can be who she wants to be for the story, but the point is made. As I understand it it upset quite a lot of people too. But think about it, God is loving and nurturing, doesn't that sound like a woman? :D

M_

Yet he will put the smack down on you if you don't obey him, doesn't that sound like a man. :p

Edit: Hmm, that does still sound like a woman though. :)

DjfunkmasterG
18-Oct-2006, 12:15 PM
Yet he will put the smack down on you if you don't obey him, doesn't that sound like a man. :p

Edit: Hmm, that does still sound like a woman though. :)

"hell hath no fury, like a woman scorn."

However, since I voted greater being/power I have to kind of stay neutral in this to an extent. However, I have a tid bit.

For the religious zealots who believe that god created the heavens and earth... well then who created god? Because if you wanna take the creation angle, something has to create something to create something etc etc.

However, I kinda like the Men in Black theory where a bunch of aliens have marbles that are Universe related and they just scoop'em up when they are bored and go off to do something else. :D

Deadman_Deluxe
18-Oct-2006, 12:17 PM
Hail Satan @ 2.2%