PDA

View Full Version : Dating zombie fans!!!

capncnut
17-Oct-2006, 02:23 AM
Has anyone out there ever dated a zombie fan? My last girlfriend absolutely hated my GAR fanaticism with a passion and I was wondering if any of you peeps on HPotD had the same problem. Seeing as though we have both sexes here on the discussion (and probably on the same person in some cases) I think it would be interesting to see if anybody else has anything to say on the subject. Especially if it's a success story and currently in a relationship with a fellow zombie freak!

Minerva_Zombi
17-Oct-2006, 02:42 AM
My ex didn't know Romero's work until I met her. First movie we watched together was Dawn Of The Dead. lol. Then, we watched Day and then I took her to the premiere of Land. She loved Land and Day. Not Dawn too much for some reason. But, she LOVES Martin. Its all about conversion. lol

Marie
17-Oct-2006, 03:19 PM
Most of my guys were more upset that I owned and used a pistol than my interest in zombie movies. Advice? NEVER take a guy to the gun range with you unless you know he's mature enough not to freak.

M_

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 03:41 PM
my girlfriend LOVES zombie movies. Her favorite is Shaun of the Dead.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 03:43 PM
her favorite director is a fat bald guy who lives in Maryland. :lol:

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 03:45 PM
her favorite director is a fat bald guy who lives in Maryland. :lol:

LOL......dude, I wish you could have sat here with us for the first viewing!
She would have licked your head! :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 03:56 PM
Which head would she be licking? :sneaky: :lol:

Sorry man you left yourself open on that one.

bassman
17-Oct-2006, 03:57 PM
My new lady had seen "Shaun" before we got together and liked it, but had not seen any of Romero's films outside of "Night". Just last weekend we got around to watching the original "Dawn" and she loved it.

If I tried talking to her while we were watching it, she would keep staring at the TV and go "SHHHHHH".

:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see her reaction to "Day" and "Land".

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 04:01 PM
My new lady had seen "Shaun" before we got together and liked it, but had not seen any of Romero's films outside of "Night". Just last weekend we got around to watching the original "Dawn" and she loved it.

If I tried talking to her while we were watching it, she would keep staring at the TV and go "SHHHHHH".

:thumbsup:

MARRY HER! MARRY HER! SHE IS A KEEPER! :D

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 04:04 PM

She's a "keeper":D

bassman
17-Oct-2006, 04:20 PM
MARRY HER! MARRY HER! SHE IS A KEEPER!

She's a "keeper":D

:lol: I think it was you, Adreno, that told me to marry my last girlfriend after she bought me the complete set of Monty Python's Flying Circus.:D

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 05:22 PM
:lol: I think it was you, Adreno, that told me to marry my last girlfriend after she bought me the complete set of Monty Python's Flying Circus.:D

Any woman who buys you that is a throw away. Now if it had been the Holy Grail... then i would have said keep her.

However, this one... Shoooshed you during DAWN of the DEAD. How can you not keep her?

bassman
17-Oct-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey man.....Flying Circus is one of the funniest TV shows of all time. Plus I've already got like....three different DVD's of the Holy Grail.

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey man.....Flying Circus is one of the funniest TV shows of all time. Plus I've already got like....three different DVD's of the Holy Grail.

Flying Circus is great......BUT.....Fawlty Towers is better, IMO!
Just watched the first season of Spaced last night......man,.....you need to see this slice of fried gold!

Graebel
17-Oct-2006, 06:07 PM
Monty Python is awseome!

I think the fact that I like zombies creeps my husband out. But he doesn't like to watch any horror, so I have to watch them all by myself.:( But Feast is out today! Woo-hoo!!!

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 06:12 PM
Monty Python is awseome!

Sweety, you NEED to watch Spaced - my gf and I watched season one last night and I'm STILL hurting from laughter.

bassman
17-Oct-2006, 07:37 PM
Sweety, you NEED to watch Spaced - my gf and I watched season one last night and I'm STILL hurting from laughter.

Has it been released on Region 1 yet???

I've been trying to find it for a long time.

capncnut
17-Oct-2006, 11:42 PM
Flying Circus is great......BUT.....Fawlty Towers is better...

Utter blasphemy! May the Spanish Inquisition cart you off and punish you! :mad:

Cereval
18-Oct-2006, 03:22 PM
A few years ago, my girlfriend had me school her on this entire zombie fixation - she demanded that we watch Romero's collection. Since then, she's watched throngs more undead flicks with me and she even starred in Episode I (http://www.preciousnightmare.com/deadscapes/episode1) of Deadscapes! More recently we both enjoyed the audio versions of "The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z" together in the car ...

http://www.preciousnightmare.com/deadscapes/episode1/ep1_screen04.jpg

_liam_
18-Oct-2006, 03:31 PM
(OT- ey up cereval, of flicking the devil horns at the camera in that dawn documentary fame - hey have you noticed darkest hour are getting big now? right on)

my missus loves zombie movies, she owns more than i do! she accompanied me to the LOTD premiere in white makeup and a skeleton outfit, gawd bless her :D

DjfunkmasterG
18-Oct-2006, 05:13 PM
A few years ago, my girlfriend had me school her on this entire zombie fixation - she demanded that we watch Romero's collection. Since then, she's watched throngs more undead flicks with me and she even starred in Episode I (http://www.preciousnightmare.com/deadscapes/episode1) of Deadscapes! More recently we both enjoyed the audio versions of "The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z" together in the car ...

http://www.preciousnightmare.com/deadscapes/episode1/ep1_screen04.jpg

See thats another cool and great thing about a good woman willing to be open to her man's tastes in film. My ex-wife never watched the films until she met me and wasn't ahuge fan, but she watched them just the same.

She started hating zombies films in 2004, after I played Shaun of the Dead everyday for 100 days straight the minute I scored the screener copy. :lol:

She sounds like a keeper Cereval, have you gotten on one knee yet?

Khardis
18-Oct-2006, 07:16 PM
Most of my guys were more upset that I owned and used a pistol than my interest in zombie movies. Advice? NEVER take a guy to the gun range with you unless you know he's mature enough not to freak.

M_

Hahah! Dont date wussies.

My girlfriend hates horror movies.. but we have a deal worked out that she will see one once and a while with me if I watch her stupid Korean Soap Operas with her once and a while. And part of the deal is that I get to decide which movies we watch in October that are in the theater :D

livingdeadboy
18-Oct-2006, 07:37 PM
my ex-girlfriend went the full mile and got dressed up as a zombie, covered in fake blood outside on a very cold day in december...i always did wonder why she dumped me:confused:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/reesterfx/theresagory.jpg

Cereval
18-Oct-2006, 08:13 PM
She sounds like a keeper Cereval, have you gotten on one knee yet?

Oh she's definitely a keeper ... haven't made it official but this'll be in due time. ;)

(OT- ey up cereval, of flicking the devil horns at the camera in that dawn documentary fame - hey have you noticed darkest hour are getting big now? right on)

my missus loves zombie movies, she owns more than i do! she accompanied me to the LOTD premiere in white makeup and a skeleton outfit, gawd bless her :D

Thanks for the props - I've even been recognized in public because of that little shot. And as for Darkest Hour - I'm glad for them. They've changed since their earlier stuff, definitely a bit more progressive but still the same trademark sound.

I wouldn't tell too many people you are out-owned by your lady on zombie flicks. Either you've taken defeat or your working on your Amazon wish list right now! :D

capncnut
18-Oct-2006, 11:11 PM
i always did wonder why she dumped me.

You too, huh?

DEAD BEAT
19-Oct-2006, 09:24 PM
Has anyone out there ever dated a zombie fan? My last girlfriend absolutely hated my GAR fanaticism with a passion and I was wondering if any of you peeps on HPotD had the same problem. Seeing as though we have both sexes here on the discussion (and probably on the same person in some cases) I think it would be interesting to see if anybody else has anything to say on the subject. Especially if it's a success story and currently in a relationship with a fellow zombie freak!

i've had the same problem buddy,no girl i have ever dated liked these films,but ask me if i care!

:evil:

prettycorpses
21-Oct-2006, 12:14 PM
I love zombie films but my hubbys not too keen, he hadnt seen any GAR films until I forced him to and he was like uh *shrug* they're ok! Must admit I do get a little too excited about zombies films....not moist excited that would just be weird :lol: but if he does buy me any zombie stuff he gets BIG rewards!!!

jdog
21-Oct-2006, 04:29 PM
the girl friend loves all horror films from the 70's and 80's. we watched dawn together and i fell asleep but she finished it and told me how i missed out and the movie was so cool.she also thought my dawn tatoo was sweet to when i explaind it to her.

DEAD BEAT
22-Oct-2006, 12:26 AM
i guess there are some chicks out there that dig zombie films,ya no girlie girls make me sick girls who are down with zombie flicks or any horror flicks for that matter are cool!:D

Cody
22-Oct-2006, 04:20 AM
you know whats weird is every friend I invite into my zombie world. they end up...

LOVING IT always asking to borrow my dvds......then I get them back with little dents and stuff...yeah so what? I love my dvds

chicks really dig it

capncnut
22-Oct-2006, 05:50 AM
you know whats weird is every friend I invite into my zombie world. they end up...

LOVING IT always asking to borrow my dvds......then I get them back with little dents and stuff...yeah so what?

Cody, theres one rule of Zombie Club - don't ever lend your pals zombie flicks no matter how close they are! I bought the original UK Dawn rental on Intervision Video way back in the very early 80's (and paid £30 for it back then). Borrowed it to a good friend in class who then promptly moved away with it to another country a few weeks later. That video is now DAMN hard to trace!

Parazombie
22-Oct-2006, 07:37 AM
I've actually had guys dump me because they were so sickened by the thought of me being fascinated by zombies. They thought it meant I was obsessed with death, and that I considered what it was like to eat people...
Yeah...it would be nice to eventually go out with someone who gets it.

Marie
22-Oct-2006, 09:39 AM
I've actually had guys dump me <SNIP> and that I considered what it was like to eat people...

Actually, the eating part most guys come up with themselves and like:D .

All kidding aside, reading about cannibalism, one has to wonder though. I'd never DO it... but... Besides, it's the Zombies that do the eating.

M_

AssassinFromHell
22-Oct-2006, 03:50 PM

Ha! My girlfriend has yet to discover my fanhood, even though it really isn't that big. Some things I keep hidden. *turns around and plays with my Batman action figures* :eek:

Cody
22-Oct-2006, 05:01 PM
^^^ not me im dead obvious..so much romero "paraphanallia" around the house

Parazombie
29-Oct-2006, 03:14 AM
After many years of trying to find my 'fly girl' I was ready to give up on the whole concept of romance altogether. Just when I thought I'd never find a soulmate, what happens? I meet one right here on HPotD! She's beautiful, she's Californian :sneaky: and above all, she's a total zombie nut!

It's only been a short while and we're already talking about engagement plans (anyone know where I can get a SWAT team uniform for our Dawn themed wedding? :lol: ) but enough of that, I got something to say: GAR, I owe you brother. If it wasn't for your damn fine movies then I would've had no chance of ever meeting this girl. If I ever see you at a convention or elsewhere, I will shake your hand until it falls off! You have brought together two lost souls and we thank you eternally.

Hallelujah! (or is that Hail Satan?) Peace out.

Yeah, that girl would be me.:elol:
Obviously, I wouldn't have said yes, if I didn't feel the same way.
:kiss: