PDA

View Full Version : Gears Of War

capncnut
17-Oct-2006, 04:34 AM
Been looking forward to this one for a while now. With Gears Of War almost upon us, do we have any thoughts? Will it be as scary as Silent Hill? Will it knock Halo's d**k in the dirt? Anyone?

Danny
17-Oct-2006, 07:12 AM
i dunno it looks pretty good, though seems to be suffering from a killzone type one colour pallette texture system and im not a big fan of crouching and shooting around and over barriers and stuff i prefer max payne style guns blazing or nothing!:D

p2501
17-Oct-2006, 03:32 PM
it's scripted by Eric Nylund, the guy that pumped out two kick ass Halo novels, and the guys at Bungie have nothing but epic things to say about it, so i'm grabbing it on launch day.

Bunker65
17-Oct-2006, 03:51 PM
it's scripted by Eric Nylund, the guy that pumped out two kick ass Halo novels, and the guys at Bungie have nothing but epic things to say about it, so i'm grabbing it on launch day.

Same here. I've been looking foward to this game since it was announced :cool:.

capncnut
17-Oct-2006, 09:55 PM
i'm grabbing it on launch day.

Makes two of us.

Exatreides
17-Oct-2006, 10:00 PM

You sold me there, Those Halo books were quite good in my opinion. He wasn't the one who made the horrid "flood" book was he?

Danny
17-Oct-2006, 10:34 PM
oh man i thought they were all by the same guy i read part of the flood one in fobidden plaent at as soon as i read were the writer trys to make it his own and not bungies i dropped that pile of crap and whent reaching for a resi novel by s.d perry.

CoinReturn
17-Oct-2006, 11:57 PM
Attack of the run-on sentences!

But yeah, Gears looks ace. See you dudes on emergence day.

DrSiN
18-Oct-2006, 03:40 AM
Been looking forward to this one for a while now. With Gears Of War almost upon us, do we have any thoughts? Will it be as scary as Silent Hill? Will it knock Halo's d**k in the dirt? Anyone?

While my opinion is a bit colored, Gears is an amazing game. It's great single player, it's great in multiplayer TDM but it really shines in co-op. Cliff did a great job.

p2501
18-Oct-2006, 02:27 PM
You sold me there, Those Halo books were quite good in my opinion. He wasn't the one who made the horrid "flood" book was he?

no that was some jackass, deitz i think was his last name. god that book sucked.....

but no, Nylund wrote Reach, and First strike. If you liked them, by all menas check out his original fiction, it's damn good.

oh man i thought they were all by the same guy i read part of the flood one in fobidden plaent at as soon as i read were the writer trys to make it his own and not bungies i dropped that pile of crap and whent reaching for a resi novel by s.d perry.

yeah i dunno what happened with "the flood" bookk, it really ran astray with alot of the MC stuff. also alot of the logistics especiall the warthog convoy just made no sense. i think the fact Deitz won't be writing for bungie again, really says alot on their feelings in regards to that book.

on a side note, the Halo Graphic novel was actually really good.

capncnut
18-Oct-2006, 07:31 PM
I haven't read any of this and I'm a real Halo buff too. How do they fit into the timeline and rules of the videogame?

Danny
18-Oct-2006, 11:26 PM
well apparently according to some site i found a while a go it led to a church and some little side bit about a nut job, but it wasnt cool to have "people" as enems without getting severer sanctions than just an 18 rating, it would have been taken out anyway like the mumblers and drk children in silent hill 1 us and pal editions.

one note i thought id mention, according to a source from capacom resident evil 5 isnt a desert city at all but the ruins of racoon city years after it was bombed and the virus did survive and its slightly more sci-fi with research stations by umbrella, like the ones near the halfway point of far cry.

capncnut
18-Oct-2006, 11:58 PM
according to a source from capacom resident evil 5 isnt a desert city at all but the ruins of racoon city years after it was bombed...

Ooh, I wonder if we'll return to the mansion or the police station but this time all bombed out? Will Kenneth J. Sullivan* still be a 'shadow of his former self'? Will Marvin Brannagh now be a mere skeleton, still laying in the office? Mmm... will that handy herb still be behind the desk in the next room? Good info Hells.

* F**k Kenneth J. Sullivan, it's all about Walter Sullivan. Know what I mean homes?

Danny
19-Oct-2006, 12:28 AM
what the hell i didnt post that in the gears of war thread but the resident evil 2 one, how the hell did that happen?:rockbrow:

capncnut
19-Oct-2006, 12:49 AM
what the hell i didnt post that in the gears of war thread but the resident evil 2 one, how the hell did that happen?:rockbrow:

Happened once with me a couple of weeks ago.

p2501
19-Oct-2006, 02:13 PM
I haven't read any of this and I'm a real Halo buff too. How do they fit into the timeline and rules of the videogame?

the two by nylund dove tail into the series seamlessly.

"the flood" not so much.