PDA

View Full Version : I am in a stirring up trouble kind of mood today... CURSE FILTER ...

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 01:19 PM
Yep the people whom brought you tree hugging zombies, are about to drag the horse's corpse out of it's grave, and beat the living hell out of it some more.

I still cannot grasp why we have a curse filter on a website for films that have zombie eating the entrails of humans's I am asking for another word to be lifted from the banned word list. I would like the "S" word to be released for use please.

PG movies can use it... so I think it would be safe here as well.

Who's with me?

(hearing the cricketts)

p2501
17-Oct-2006, 01:24 PM
i see it as both assinine and utterly ridiculious, considering the drawing point of the website.

but because "some people complained" we have a curse filter, for those people that are more "easily offended". it's funny though. for 5+ years this forum ran fine without one, buy now when ever the issue comes up it turns into a "it's our way or the highway".

LouCipherr
17-Oct-2006, 01:24 PM
I dunno if I really need to post this, but here it goes...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Forum%20Pics/deadhorse.gif

:lol:

p2501
17-Oct-2006, 01:31 PM
eh, the board is slow let the man have his fun.

LouCipherr
17-Oct-2006, 01:34 PM
Oh, he's in a rare mood allright, I just wanted to razz him a bit.. y'know, kinda like this:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Forum%20Pics/NSSociety.jpg

:D

Danny
17-Oct-2006, 01:48 PM
becayse the place that this board is on has it across all of em, at least according to andy i think.

plus using words like funking and shiznit i just funny.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 02:18 PM
Bollocks...

Every message board has a filter you can adjust. I am just trying to comprehend the need for the filter. I know the message board isn't a democracy... but dang darn doon I would really like to know the reason behind it the curse filter. I just can't fathom it and it is overloading my brain.

I know it's Neil's forum, and he wants to keep the site family friendly and all, but what is so friendly about a 6ft 180lb walking pile puss with half it's jaw missing wanting to eat you. Last I checked that qualifies as terrifying, not family friendly entertainment.

So could someone please elaborate without using the dictatorship thingy. Cause the irony in the filter versus the movies discussed on this forum is quite laughable. :lol:

Oh, he's in a rare mood allright, I just wanted to razz him a bit.. y'know, kinda like this:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Forum%20Pics/NSSociety.jpg

:D

Razz this hippee http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing36.gif

Andy
17-Oct-2006, 02:27 PM
Bollocks...

Every message board has a filter you can adjust. I am just trying to comprehend the need for the filter. I know the message board isn't a democracy... but dang darn doon I would really like to know the reason behind it the curse filter. I just can't fathom it and it is overloading my brain.

I know it's Neil's forum, and he wants to keep the site family friendly and all, but what is so friendly about a 6ft 180lb walking pile puss with half it's jaw missing wanting to eat you. Last I checked that qualifies as terrifying, not family friendly entertainment.

So could someone please elaborate with using the dictatorship thingy. Cause the irony in the filter versus the movies discussed on this forum is quite laughable. :lol:

you just pretty much answered it yourself. the filter is on becuase neil wants it on. ive discussed it with him before and it dosn't look like its coming off soon.

LouCipherr
17-Oct-2006, 03:11 PM

Hey, you, bald guy! http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Emoticons/FU.gif

http://enderzero.net/smilies/nana.gif

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 03:17 PM
The ladies like it bald... plus when doing the deed I get a buff and shine for free. :D

LouCipherr
17-Oct-2006, 03:20 PM
http://enderzero.net/smilies/fork.gif

:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 05:18 PM
If you sell the Devil your soul (Lou in this case) this could happen to you...

http://www.horrortalk.com/forum/images/smilies/bananasex2.gif

Ass rape just doesn't happen in prison ya know. It is a favored past time in hell as well.

Banana Rape is not a victimless crime, think about the banana!

dmbfanintn
17-Oct-2006, 05:31 PM
The ladies like it bald... plus when doing the deed I get a buff and shine for free. :D

So that dome stays pretty dull, huh? ;) ;)

I agree with DJ, turn off the God Damm curse filter so I can say:

Sh1t, P1ss, Fvck, Cvnt, Coocksocker, Mutherfvcker, and Teets, without having to spell them all funny.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 05:34 PM
So that dome stays pretty dull, huh? ;) ;)

Lately it has quite a shine to it. Like a fooking mirror. :D

"Banana Rape is not a victimless crime" - Keragu Yrag 17Oct2006

Graebel
17-Oct-2006, 05:35 PM
Sh1t, P1ss, Fvck, Cvnt, Coocksocker, Mutherfvcker, and Teets, without having to spell them all funny.

hehehe....he said teets:D

dmbfanintn
17-Oct-2006, 05:36 PM
Lately it has quite a shine to it. Like a fooking mirror. :D

No bragging!

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 05:39 PM

Banana Rape is a very brutal sexual assault.

and DMBFANINTN...

Said TEETS :D

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 05:46 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, teets :p

dmbfanintn
17-Oct-2006, 05:47 PM
I SAID TEETS!!!!!!!

Yes I did!

Eyebiter
17-Oct-2006, 05:48 PM
Don't you *&&^&*$( *$&#^@*%(#$# have something better to do than $*%& around *$@*#(** and *($U#*%*@* about the *($*@*@*%%)#** curse filter. *$(#(@) ($#)@# on a pogo stick why don't you *I#*@!^%$ grow up?

:dead:

Sure the curse filter isn't a good thing?

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 05:50 PM
No bragging!

who's bragging? It's true.

it's so bright people around me need sunglasses at night. It's so shiny it could be a beacon for lost aircraft.

dmbfanintn
17-Oct-2006, 05:54 PM
who's bragging? It's true.

it's so bright people around me need sunglasses at night. It's so shiny it could be a beacon for lost aircraft.

Well I guess things like that happen when your a big time filmmaker!

Tell the truth DJ, you made a movie strictly for the azz, didn't you?

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 05:59 PM
Tell the truth DJ, you made a movie strictly for the azz, didn't you?

If that was the case I will be jerking off until I am 80

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 06:02 PM
If that was the case I will be jerking off until I am 80

Farggin jerk that crank beeeeyotch!!!
hey, imagine my niggah lickin' dat foe-haeyed. (she gave me permission to say foe-haeyed")

dmbfanintn
17-Oct-2006, 06:08 PM
Farggin jerk that crank beeeeyotch!!!
hey, imagine my niggah lickin' dat foe-haeyed. (she gave me permission to say foe-haeyed")

Andreno, I think it has been established that you nor I need permission to say what we want. We are certainly the LEAST racist people on this forum!

FOE-HAEYED!!! I said to too.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 06:13 PM
I'd have to see a pic of your gal, before I could imagine it. :D

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2006, 07:29 PM
lol, "piss" got let off a while ago - which made sense.

The "big three" however remain on Neil's order. I personally would prefer to swear without adding stars, but saying "fudge" instead is kinda funny. It's Neil's order and until he says anything else it remains...ya li'l trouble-making cheeky monkey you. :D

LouCipherr
17-Oct-2006, 07:56 PM
Mother****er. I swear to ****ing whoever, I think this piece of **** swearing filter needs to be turned the **** off so I can ****ing cuss whenever the **** I feel like it! If I feel like saying "I'm gonna **** the **** outta you" then I think I should be able to ****ing do it - ya ****in' hear me out there people? ****!

Actually, I don't care if it's on or off, but I wanted to see how that looked once posted. Quite funny me thinks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and by the way: **** me! no, wait.. **** YOU!! :lol:

where's the :finger: smiley from chat when I need it?!?! :lol:

...we now return you to your regularly scheduled ****ING program...

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2006, 08:16 PM
Ah well, at least I can still post videos of me swearing like eight sailors smoodged together into one big swearing lump of sweariness. :cool:

F*ck me I love swearing...

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 08:26 PM
I'd have to see a pic of your gal, before I could imagine it. :D

Let me get permission, Gary......and you may see the "licker" LOL

MikePizzoff
17-Oct-2006, 08:39 PM
I guess Neil doesn't even feel like wasting his time on replying to this thread? He's responded to so many before.

I agree with everyone - I don't like the filter, but what can we do?

I'm going to try and teach myself to replace words on this board:
f**k with fark
s**t with shiv
Can we say cock? If not: c**k with chicken

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 08:48 PM
I still don't see a problem with the filter.......

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2006, 08:59 PM
I still don't see a problem with the filter.......

I don't have a huge problem with it... I was in a rare mood today and felt like being irritating. :D

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't have a huge problem with it... I was in a rare mood today and felt like being irritating. :D

Well, f*ck a monkey! Them sons 'o b*tches are going to ban them there f*cking god damned words no matter what they f*cking sh*t f*ck say!!!!

sh*t and f*ck and c*nt and what-not!!!
Yo!

funny tho..... "god damn" is accepted. ( most 'curse words' are put on the ban list because of the Christies)

piss!!!!

capncnut
17-Oct-2006, 10:50 PM
Swearing is not only an act of profanity but also (in most cases gents) vulgarity. Zombie movies are not vulgar even if they have enormous amounts of profanity in them. My mother used to let me watch horror films from the age of 4-5 but used to frown upon the swearing in them. A movie like Land can scrape a 15 certificate for gore but many, many a film has been classified an 18 for swearing alone. If this site were to allow folks to swear with freedom, adult vulgarity (hehe) would start occuring on a regular basis and would probably lead to a lot of complaints from genuine un-vulgar zombie fans. Does that answer the f**king question, you c**ts?

deadpunk
18-Oct-2006, 04:33 AM
I personally find a filter more offensive than anything I could be reading...

Censorship sucks.

Arcades057
18-Oct-2006, 11:53 PM
Agreed, DJ. The filter sucks, but nothing will likely be done about it. Be cool if it was put to a vote.

Adrenochrome
19-Oct-2006, 11:58 AM
Be cool if it was put to a vote.
Everybody voted on the "rep system" issue.....voted to keep it.
That didn't work here either.;)
People will always find something on a forum they will not like.....[Hell, I get in trouble here all the time for saying (or doing) things that I see no problem with...But, if I break a rule, that's the consequence.]
So, I calm down and come back here for reasons I joined in the first place.......ZOMBIES!!! woot woot!

Andy
19-Oct-2006, 03:59 PM
you guys are aware that deliberatly bypassing or attempting to deceive the automatic censor is against the rules?

i could give out so many warning points in this topic if i wanted to :elol:

deadpunk
19-Oct-2006, 04:09 PM
Oh fruck me! He caught on.... We're in deep ship now...mwhahahaha

Arcades057
19-Oct-2006, 04:25 PM
You can say ship, DP, as a ship is something upon which you sail. You cannot say sh|t or $hit. Those aren't words.

Just like you can say ask, or even assk if you make a typo, but not arse or @ss, or even a$$. Probably, anyway.

Just like there's that clothing company fcuk, that apparently stands for something about the UK, if I remember correctly. But any variation of THAT word will get you in trouble. That's the BIG bad word. So is the "c-word," if you know what I mean. But people dodge the filter all the time.

In closing, the filter really seems to be there only to make us folks fill in the blank. Like those songs that blank out the curse word but leave enough for anyone but a moron to know what they say. But I guess the filter is cool.

capncnut
19-Oct-2006, 04:27 PM
It's not exactly 'time consuming' for me to censor myself and bung in a few stars here and there. I don't see a problem with the censorship rules at all.

deadpunk
19-Oct-2006, 05:08 PM
You can say ship, DP, as a ship is something upon which you sail. You cannot say sh|t or $hit. Those aren't words.

Just like you can say ask, or even assk if you make a typo, but not arse or @ss, or even a$$. Probably, anyway.

Just like there's that clothing company fcuk, that apparently stands for something about the UK, if I remember correctly. But any variation of THAT word will get you in trouble. That's the BIG bad word. So is the "c-word," if you know what I mean. But people dodge the filter all the time.

This explains why you asked me if my BROTHER was a TRUCKER the other night, you cheeky monkey, you. :mad: :evil: :eek: ;) :elol:

MinionZombie
19-Oct-2006, 06:51 PM
Plus those added moments pressing SHIFT + 8 will shed those extra pounds in just 17 years ... it all adds up you know. :p

LouCipherr
19-Oct-2006, 07:01 PM
wait a sec, my last post I didn't try and 'get around' the censorship thingy, I just let it do it's work and cussed up a storm like a sailor that's been at sea for the past 15 years. :elol:

Is that against the rules? :D

Graebel
20-Oct-2006, 12:49 PM
I think this guy says it better than I could.

"Censorship feeds the dirty mind more than the four-letter word itself." Dick Cavett

p2501
20-Oct-2006, 12:55 PM
you guys are aware that deliberatly bypassing or attempting to deceive the automatic censor is against the rules?

i could give out so many warning points in this topic if i wanted to :elol:

true but then you'd be running a board on it with like three people on it.

and two of them would be HLS. so have fun with that!:D