PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something?

jimis
18-Oct-2006, 08:29 AM
watched Land' again yesterday, and I have to say it gets worse with every viewing!
but there's one bit that I can't figure out:

Why does Pillsbury knock out Motown when they find Dead-Reckoning? Am I missing something?

Deadman_Deluxe
18-Oct-2006, 12:11 PM
I guess at the end of the day, he just didn't trust her ... but if you don't really like the movie, i wouldn't worry too much about it either way :skull:

Bunker65
18-Oct-2006, 12:19 PM
watched Land' again yesterday, and I have to say it gets worse with every viewing!
but there's one bit that I can't figure out:

Why does Pillsbury knock out Motown when they find Dead-Reckoning? Am I missing something?

What I got out of it was, he knocks her out because he knows their orders from Kaufman are to bring back Dead Reckoning & Dead Reckoning only & he knows that Motown plans on doing just that. He's come to like & respect Riley & doesn't want him & the others killed. Plus, I feel that even though he worked for Kaufman he didn't trust him much.

bassman
18-Oct-2006, 12:42 PM
Doesn't she wink at him? Meaning they were going to continue their orders from Kaufman.

It seemed pretty obvious and in the face to me. :confused:

And on a side note.....Land gets better with each viewing.:D

DjfunkmasterG
18-Oct-2006, 01:25 PM
I am with the original poster in that LOTD sucks. I say we start a destroy your LOTD dvd moevment. Take your DVD a burn it, break it discard it whatever. This was the original trilogy won't be sullied by this piss poor entry.

However, to the original poster, if you didn't figure out why Pillsbury knocked her bitch ass out, you need to watch it again it was pretty obvious. She was a lying coniving(sp?) bitch, whom would have killed everyone to bring the truck back because it is what Kaufmann wanted.

bassman
18-Oct-2006, 01:41 PM
I am with the original poster in that LOTD sucks. I say we start a destroy your LOTD dvd moevment. Take your DVD a burn it, break it discard it whatever. This was the original trilogy won't be sullied by this piss poor entry.

:lol:

Pathetic.

What good could possibly come of that? I don't like the Dawn Remake or several other films that I own, but I'm not going to start a "Destroy your DVD Movement".:rolleyes:

Get over it, homie.

capncnut
18-Oct-2006, 10:28 PM
Pathetic...get over it, homie.

Quite agree, how childish.

axlish
19-Oct-2006, 01:55 AM
I cannot say that Land gets better with each viewing. At best it holds value.

Maitreya
19-Oct-2006, 02:47 AM
Pillsbury does it because he's a badass.

And for that fact alone.

jimis
19-Oct-2006, 09:10 AM
What I got out of it was, he knocks her out because he knows their orders from Kaufman are to bring back Dead Reckoning & Dead Reckoning only & he knows that Motown plans on doing just that. He's come to like & respect Riley & doesn't want him & the others killed. Plus, I feel that even though he worked for Kaufman he didn't trust him much.

ahhh.... OK. seems reasonable. cheers!

Although I don't enjoy the film a great deal (in comparison to the other dead films), I wouldn't dream of removing it from my collection!

kortick
23-Oct-2006, 09:00 PM
Land is not a terible movie

it is not the best movie
but it far from the worst

i remember people didnt like day when it came out too though

jimis
24-Oct-2006, 08:29 AM
Land is not a terible movie

it is not the best movie
but it far from the worst

i remember people didnt like day when it came out too though

being terrible or not is up to the viewer. But in my opinion, you're right, it's not as bad as Dawn.....

bassman
24-Oct-2006, 10:50 AM
being terrible or not is up to the viewer. But in my opinion, you're right, it's not as bad as Dawn.....

Surely you mean Yawn04 and not the original?

jimis
24-Oct-2006, 12:00 PM
Surely you mean Yawn04 and not the original?

If I was asked to throw away one film from my collection of Romero-Dead films, Dawn' would be first out the window.
Now, this is my opinion and I know a lot of people are going to get very agitated....

Please, no elitism.

bassman
24-Oct-2006, 12:28 PM
No agitation from me. Yeah, I think it's safe to say you're in the minority on this one. Everyone has their own opinions, though. And I can see why someone may not necessarily like the original Dawn. It is a bit dated.

Still though......watch your back.:cool: :p

jimis
24-Oct-2006, 01:58 PM
No agitation from me. Yeah, I think it's safe to say you're in the minority on this one. Everyone has their own opinions, though. And I can see why someone may not necessarily like the original Dawn. It is a bit dated.

Oh boy, am I in the minority! It's something I have learnt to live with! :p

capncnut
24-Oct-2006, 06:42 PM
If I was asked to throw away one film from my collection of Romero-Dead films, Dawn' would be first out the window.
Now, this is my opinion and I know a lot of people are going to get very agitated....

Please, no elitism.

I'm trying man, I'm really f**kin' trying... :mad:

Brubaker
29-Oct-2006, 01:59 AM

To some extent, they are all dated. Day feels like it is even more dated than Dawn. That one seems dated even for the mid 1980's. I could picture it having been done in the 1970's. It felt like that type of movie, aside from a couple of small nuances. The Night remake seemed very dated, even back in 1990. Land seems like the type of movie that could have been made in the mid to late 1990's. It isn't a bad thing, though. Those movies, mainly Dawn and Day, wouldn't be as good as they are if they weren't dated.

Jimis, let it out. What didn't ya like about Dawn? :D My favorite character in the series was Captain Rhodes, but Dawn was my favorite movie. People talk about the zombies, the commentary or whatever else they like. There is something else there about Dawn. When you think about all the buddy movies out there of any genre (action, comedy, horror, etc.), Dawn is one of the greatest "buddy" movies in the history of cinema. There aren't many people reading this who wouldn't want to be hanging out in a mall and being a sidekick for Peter (or Roger).